Air Holland to start BRU - Paramaribo?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-VEX

Air Holland to start BRU - Paramaribo?

Post by OO-VEX »

Hi all,

After being refused the right to operate service on the Amsterdam to Paramaribo (Surinam) route,
Air Holland has now filed an application to operate the route out of Brussels.
If approved the airline hopes to start service by the end of next month.
source:http://www.justplanes.com

There is also an article in "De Standaard Online", but as i have no subscription, i can't read it.

OO-VEX

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Great news! Seems that lots of airlines want to fly to BRU, good news for us, spotters :lol:

Thanks for news!

Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

That's nice! Which plane they will fly?

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

That's nice! Which plane they will fly?
They have only 757 and 767 or am I wrong?
I think they will use the 767

Greetings

Airbuske

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Vliegtuigfreak,

They will probably use a B767.

Maybe can they cooperate with Sobelair, after they both suffer a negative answer to operate to the Dutch Caribbean.

Greetz,

Dave

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Dear friends,

Here is what appeared in the Standaard ...
Soorry only in dutch.

"Air Holland overweegt vlucht Brussel-Paramaribo

AMSTERDAM (anp) -- Als de Nederlandse luchtvaartmaatschappij Air Holland haar zin niet krijgt, dan zou er binnenkort een flink mondje Surinaams kunnen gesproken worden op de luchthaven van Zaventem.

Air Holland diende een aanvraag in om vluchten in te leggen tussen Schiphol en de Surinaamse hoofdstad Paramaribo. Als die aanvraag wordt afgewezen, wil de maatschappij vanaf Brussel vertrekken. Passagiers kunnen dan in Amsterdam inchecken en worden vervolgens per bus van Schiphol naar Brussel vervoerd.

Totnogtoe heeft grote broer KLM een monopolie op de vluchten tussen Nederland en Suriname. De maatschappij heeft dat te danken aan een luchtvaartverdrag tussen beide landen. Air Holland vindt nu dat het verdrag moet worden herzien ingevolge de geplande overname van KLM door Air France. Air Holland aast al lang op de lucratieve luchtvaartverbinding en zag een vroegere aanvraag al eens afgewezen worden.

Air Holland zegt zeker vanaf eind november vluchten naar Paramaribo te willen verkopen. Een aanvraag om van Brussel naar Suriname te vliegen, is inmiddels ingediend."

So indeed this confirms what has been said in this forum. But wait and see. There are a lot of airlines making plans, but putting them in practice is something different ...

I also remember that before City Bird organised some flights to Parimaribo out of Brussels. Isn't it? Where these a succes or not?

Danny

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's sounds great :lol:

I hope I'll be able to spot that bird

Ciao
Chris
8)

A318

Post by A318 »

I hope they will be allowed to fly from Brussels to Paramaribo, that would finally break the golden line from KLM and SLM.
They did the same on the route Amsterdam to Aruba, Curacao and St. Maarten, they fly you there for € 299,-
So from my side, way to go Air Holland Image

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Andries

Post by Andries »

Today in the newspaper "de Metro" there was an arcticle that said Air Holland WILL fly from EBBR to Suriname. The can not do it from Amsterdam because only KLM and "SLM" (?) have got permission to fly that route.

Greetz,

:twisted: EBOS :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

DannyVDB wrote:I also remember that before City Bird organised some flights to Parimaribo out of Brussels. Isn't it? Where these a succes or not?
Your memory is almost good :wink: . There were indeed flights between BRU and PBM, but they were flown by Sobelair on behalf of Suriname Airways.
André
ex Sabena #26567

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

The Dutch travel agency Intertropical organised flights from BRU to Paramaribo with City Bird. I even have one of these flights on video from a program on the Dutch TV about pilots. The flight was done with CTB's B767-300ER OO-CTR "Harrier" , they also interviewed the captain.
In the program they flight was completly full ( even overbooked several times :evil: )
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

A318

Post by A318 »

EBOS wrote:Today in the newspaper "de Metro" there was an arcticle that said Air Holland WILL fly from EBBR to Suriname. The can not do it from Amsterdam because only KLM and "SLM" (?) have got permission to fly that route.

Greetz,

:twisted: EBOS :twisted:
Looks like you never heard of SLM, this is standing for Surinaamse Luchtvaart Maatschappij, so let's say Surinam Airways.
More info http://www.slm.firm.sr/

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal