TNT in 2006: some news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

TNT in 2006: some news

Post by Atlantis »

Most of this information we know it already but I received it today as an official intern news:

TNT signed a contract with GE Capital Aviation Service for two B737-300SF cargo planes. Those will serve the European network, the first one from August the second one from December. Those two airplanes will replace other leased aircrafts.
It means that TNT will have at the end of December 2006: 9 B737-300 cargo planes.

The first B757 of TNT is already flying for our company since October. It's a wet-lease of Icelandair.

From the end of 2006 TNT will received it's first, splendid new, B747-400ERF cargo planes. Those will fly in TNT colors. This is a ten year lease contract with Guggenheim Aviation Partners. The B747-400 will fly between China and Europe.

Source: TNT magazine

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Liège wants to become the 5th biggest airport in Europe for cargo (for now it's 9th).
And TNT wants to become #1 between Europe and Asia.

nice move.

airazurxtror

TNT in 2006 : some news

Post by airazurxtror »

What about the transport of passengers ?
In 2005, TNT flew passengers in Boeing 737, at least from Brussels to Sicily (I know for sure, as my daughter took such a flight; I joked saying she would be put on a pallet for the trip ! Of course, it was quite a normal and good flight ).
Does TNT intend to go on with passenger charters ? With how many and which aircraft ? Are they QC ?

sn26567

Re: TNT in 2006 : some news

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:Does TNT intend to go on with passenger charters ? With how many and which aircraft ? Are they QC ?
For sure. They have contracts with several tour operators. Their 737QCs allow the aircraft to be used more efficiently: freight at night, pax during the day and the week ends.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

airazurxtror wrote:What about the transport of passengers ?
In 2005, TNT flew passengers in Boeing 737, at least from Brussels to Sicily (I know for sure, as my daughter took such a flight; I joked saying she would be put on a pallet for the trip ! Of course, it was quite a normal and good flight ).
Does TNT intend to go on with passenger charters ? With how many and which aircraft ? Are they QC ?
TNT is flying with one B737-300 only for pax, this aircraft is not capable for cargo and one B737-300QC. This aircraft came in service in October.
For 2006 we are going to fly with one aircraft ex-BRU and one aircraft ex-LGG.

We offer a wide route from the Mediterranean to Turkey, Greece, Tunisia, etc.

This is a three year contract we have with some travel agencies. But there is a big change it will be extend because it's pure profit. Only in 2005 with flights in BRU, one million euro profit!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

Good to see TNT expanding. We will finaly get an OO- registered Jumbo again.

Chris

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It would be very nice for everybody if there is more TNT pas flight from Liège.

infractructure is better than in charleroi, localisation is good, many highways, no fog problem, ... :)

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

Acid-drop wrote:Liège wants to become the 5th biggest airport in Europe for cargo (for now it's 9th).
After 2008 it won't be a problem to pass Brussels as they will lose more than 200.000 tons when DHL is leaving. Now BRU is number five...so...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I don't know is LGG is still on place 9. The cargo was decreasing with more then 50.000 tons. Main reason: the move of Polar Air cargo to AMS.

About DHL, they will not disappear with the whole fleet, so there will still be business but very low.

The number of tons every year is increasing a lot in BRU. This year they will end just under 700.000 tons. So, in 2008 it will be a lot more then now. And I don't think they will left a gap of cargo at BRU. A lot of carriers wants to take over some cargo lines.

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

Atlantis wrote: And I don't think they will left a gap of cargo at BRU. A lot of carriers wants to take over some cargo lines.
Wont' be at night, you know perfectly why.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

With some change, it could perfectly in daytime.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Atlantis wrote:This is a three year contract we have with some travel agencies. But there is a big change it will be extend because it's pure profit. Only in 2005 with flights in BRU, one million euro profit!!
:offtopic: yet Sobelair did not manage this... :roll: :roll:

BeN :idea:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

We can not compare Sobelair with TNT Airways. The main goal of TNT is transport cargo. Using our planes for pax during daytime is a good alternative and if this will cause a big profit of 1 million euro for our company I would say, good job TNT Airways.

PS: I have to say also that using TNT Airways for transport pax is not a cheap business, but the TA are satisfy and still using TNT.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Atlantis wrote:We can not compare Sobelair with TNT Airways. The main goal of TNT is transport cargo. Using our planes for pax during daytime is a good alternative and if this will cause a big profit of 1 million euro for our company I would say, good job TNT Airways.

PS: I have to say also that using TNT Airways for transport pax is not a cheap business, but the TA are satisfy and still using TNT.
A side-activity generating €1,000,000 :lol:
and satisfied customers... a satisfying venture :P

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

We received that intern info and there was also an interview with Niki Terzakis who gave the figures and financial benefit over 2005. You can believe that they are very pleased with that result. And that result is that we can hire a lot of cabin staff and pilots.

an-148

Post by an-148 »

@Atlantis:
do you know if there are plans to sell "ticket only" seats aboard the planes originated in LGG and if TNT would eventually sell them himself (over the net or otherwise)?
this would be great for additional destinations to be regarded as sheduled!

an-148

Post by an-148 »

@Atlantis
Already saw a part of reply to my question in this topic:
https://www.aviation24.be/postp127446.html#127446

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

What I believe is that TNT Airways has no plans to sell tickets by their own, so seats only. Everything can be arranged by touroperators, TNT Airways is just the operator for the flights.

But, never say never.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

airazurxtror

TNT içn 2006 : some news

Post by airazurxtror »

According to the english magazine "Airliner world" - february 2006 (on sale now) :

TNT plans to offer a range of passengers services this summer from its cargo hub at Liège.
Using one of its B 737-300 QC, the company will fly to Ajaccio, Barcelona, Ibiza and Palma during daylight hours, with the aircraft converting back to a freighter for night cargo services.