Ryanair's fleet

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Avro

Ryanair's fleet

Post by Avro »

Since Ryanair took over Buzz a few months ago, I was wondering for how long the B737-300'sand the BAe's will remain in their fleet :?:

Will they stay longer now that the retirement of the B737-200's will be accelerated :?:

Chris
8)

cyriusvirus

Maybe

Post by cyriusvirus »

Well the 737-300 is still a good aircraft and i think he'll stay the next 5 years in the Ryanair fleet. But for the BAe i'm not sure...The 737-800 will replace them very quickly and they don't need aircraft with a smaller capacity...But we are not Ryanair's managment and we can't answer for them. 8)

See you

Avro

Re: Maybe

Post by Avro »

cyriusvirus wrote:Well the 737-300 is still a good aircraft and i think he'll stay the next 5 years in the Ryanair fleet.
Is the lease ending in 5 years :?:

Chris
8)

cyriusvirus

Dunno

Post by cyriusvirus »

Well to be honest i don't know. But if they could they'll keep them so longer as they can...Because it's a good aircraft with good performances and he's also not expensive in exploitation...Many low-cast/charters flag carriers are using the 737-300 (EasyJet, GO, Sobelair, etc...)

See ya

Avro

Re: Dunno

Post by Avro »

cyriusvirus wrote:Well to be honest i don't know. But if they could they'll keep them so longer as they can...Because it's a good aircraft with good performances and he's also not expensive in exploitation...Many low-cast/charters flag carriers are using the 737-300 (EasyJet, GO, Sobelair, etc...)
.... and very reliable :wink:

Thx for the info

Ciao
Chris
8)

A318

Re: Ryanair's fleet

Post by A318 »

Avro wrote:Since Ryanair took over Buzz a few months ago, I was wondering for how long the B737-300's and the BAe's will remain in their fleet :?:
Will they stay longer now that the retirement of the B737-200's will be accelerated :?:

Chris
8)
The 737-300 will probably stay longer as expected since this week they anounced a faster retirement for the 737-200 due to scratches in the skin. Those scratches are caused by a wrong performed paint job by FLS and cost Ryanair too much to be repainted. So they will be very glad with the 300's. The BAe's will go back to KLM by the end of this year as negotiated during the sell of Buzz to Ryanair. We (KLM) will probably sell them asap since it is too expensive to fly with.
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the info Ground_Crew :wink:

I wonder who will fly those BAe's after :roll:

Anyway, if SNBA wants to sell their BAe's 146-200 they'll have to hurry, because there aren't that many companies who would like to continue flying with them.

Ciao
Chris
8)

Fiero

Post by Fiero »

Well It seems Botnia bought 5 new Avro's so there has to be still a market for them.

Greetz
Rütger

Avro

Post by Avro »

Yeah, there is still a market, when Swiss will retire all it's Avro's it'll be much more difficult to sell older BAe's :!:

Ciao
Chris
8)