Ryanair not so low cost anymore

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

A318

Ryanair not so low cost anymore

Post by A318 »

Lately I notice that prices from Ryanair flights are not so low cost anymore as they used to be.
All they talk about that they won't put any extra fuel charge on top of their prices but my idea is that they already calculated this is in their prices.
I booked my flights to DUB for € 22,- a person incl tax etc. To STN € 37,50 and rome cost me two times around €100,-.
I always booked around 3 months in advance so this weekend I decided to book again a early flight to Pisa.
I got shocked about their prices.
They have no real bargains anymore, a flight to Pisa for € 160,- ????
I can book full carriers for these prices and they fly me directly to the main airports.
I won't even start about Girona since KLM and Iberia fly to BCN for around €75,- a person, so why should I pay this:

Totaalkosten vlucht
exclusief administratiekosten (indien van toepassing)
klik hier voor nieuwe informatie
over administratiekosten
248.32 EUR

This only means one thing to me, the time from low cost is really over.
The only low cost Ryanair is serving now is their service which is too bad since I would never pay a full price for that.
Am I the only one noticing this massive price raise?
A Whole Different Animal

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

A318 wrote:All they talk about that they won't put any extra fuel charge on top of their prices but my idea is that they already calculated this is in their prices.
They have introduced fuel surcharges for sure. The difference with airlines like SN, KL, ... is that SN and KL publish their fares. This means that fuel surcharges have to be announced separately, and those surcharges are normally added to the total amount of taxes.

Airlines like Ryanair and Easyjet don't publish their fares. To compensate the price of the higher fuel, they just play a little bit with their fares (they don't have to publish their booking classes anyway).

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

Don't mix "low cost" with "low fare".

The fares advertised are low if you book well in advance and find an empty seat in that pricing category. Otherwise it is as expensive as the other carriers, if not more expensive.

You're probably trying to book a seat on a flight that's filling up rapidly.

JetB

Post by JetB »

Come on Erwin !, did your really think Ryanair would keep selling 99 cent tickets !.
Yes, maybe when the company opens a new route, during low season, and more important to kill competition !.

99 cent + tax only fits in the plan for a short time, its good to show massive growth to its share holders, but Ryanair is no different than any other company, they have to make money !.

Look at what happened to the CRL - STN route, to many 99 cent seats, no money to be made and....... Gone !.

Captain

Post by Captain »

I have noticed that some routes are quite expensive whilst other's still have bargain prices.

I think it's all about fuel cost, how long in advance you book and also what the calendar is like at that time of the year (i.e. public holiday nearby, sport or other event, etc.)

I agree that Ryanair have less crazy deals as before but I think the market is tougher now but one can still find good deals now and then.

Captain

lastrow

Post by lastrow »

Recently I have booked TXL-CTA with Alitalia: actually Air Berlin and Hapag Lloyd serving this route too were both more expensive (about EUR 50,- per person) as Alitalia was. We have booked 2 months in advance. Only disadvantage is that the Alitalia ticket is not refundable and no changes possible. I think Air Berlin and Hapag Lloyd would have offered this for a reasonable fee.

my two cents about low fare ... if you are lucky you get real bargains but sometimes the regular airlines offer quite good prices as well.

hvv

Post by hvv »

I'm not sure if this is a new thing. When I was living in the south of France (until mid-2002), I found it usually paid off to check a few airlines. I needed occasional flights to Amsterdam, served from Nice by KLM, EasyJet and BasiqAir/Transavia. I frequently got my flights cheaper on KLM and BasiqAir/Transavia was always cheaper than EasyJet.

Hans.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

It's the same in every kind of business. A max of publicity for the cheapest product and the normal men think the all the products of the company are the cheapest.
Solution:... always check all the information you have specially about the price.
I personally mean that all the companies have to give the price all included

A318

Post by A318 »

I agree with all your comments and yes I was looking for tickets in January 2006!!!
I think this is in advance enought right ? ;)
Oh well, I will see later in the year when they are starting with crazy stunts again and hope to book a low cost flight for a low fare price :)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Erwin,

looking now for tickets in january 2006 is a bit to early. Wait till october november and then you will find a good deal.

And by the way CRL-STN route was scrapped because charleroi was growing to rapidly for the european commission.

JetB

Post by JetB »

Sean, as always :lol: !. Wake up and smell the coffee "Chaleroi growing to fast !".

A318

Post by A318 »

sean1982 wrote:Erwin,

looking now for tickets in january 2006 is a bit to early. Wait till october november and then you will find a good deal.

And by the way CRL-STN route was scrapped because charleroi was growing to rapidly for the european commission.
Hey Sean, thanks for the tip, if it is coming from your mouth it has to be the golden tip ;)
Hope you are still having a good time with FR?

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Hey, Erwin

still very happy. I made it up to purser now,

JetB: yes, too fast. The STN route was bringing in too much passengers for ryanair. If Ryanair would bring in more then a certain number of passengers (I think 800.000 but not sure) the european commision ordred charleroi too charge RYR the full airport taxes instead of 1 EURO something per pax.

Ryanair was not willing too pay that and for that reason they scrapped the STN route.

As always get your facts right before you criticize.

JetB

Post by JetB »

Ryanair will double the number of its daily flights between Charleroi Brussels South Airport and Bergamo.

Lets just hope that is not going to cause to much trouble Sean !.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Yes so it goes to TWO bergamo flights a day which does not compare to FOUR STN flights a day, In my opinion

JetB

Post by JetB »

I was being sarcastic about "Growing to fast", Sean !.

Every airline that can show a healthy growth is happy, and NO government is going to say "Stop flying, you are growing to fast ", not even the European commission !, what kinda BS is that Sean !.

What you are basically saying is that without a discount / subsidy on landing fees, Ryanair stops flying to a certain destination !.

So I can only conclude that without a discount on this 1 EUR landing fee there just is NO natural market, but that counts for half Ryanairs network !.

This is not criticizing my dear friend, its a fact !.

The only one I would criticize is you, for being such a bulldog every time your hear something about RYR you don't like.

But to be honest I am not surprised !, about my last Ryanair experience I can only say this about the flight attendants.

There are two types, the fist one comes from Eastern Europe and doesn't even speak / understand English. And the second kind are bitchy homosexuals that no other airline would hire, but a dream comes true thanks to Ryanair for them !. You do speak English so.......

A318

Post by A318 »

sean1982 wrote:Hey, Erwin

still very happy. I made it up to purser now,
Congratulations, so I supose RYR brings you what you wanted and hoped for.
Good to hear that, next time when I fly with them I will listen good to the name of the purser ;)
Take care and enjoy it!

By the way, smart move to avoid costs, grow to fast then slow it down a little.
A Whole Different Animal

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

JetB wrote:Ryanair will double the number of its daily flights between Charleroi Brussels South Airport and Bergamo.
They double the flights after having axed one flight some time ago... Seems they aren't quite ready to leave CRL.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OK first off all I think this personal attack on me Is the most rude thing I have ever heard in my whole live.

I do not respond as a bulldog, the only thing I'm trying to do is try to get rid of all this negative comments, most of them not true.

What you're saying is correct. No subsidy or reduction in landing fees is a critical factor for RYR to start or continue flying to a destination.

If you think SN brussels airlines doesn't receive any reduction in BRU then keep on dreaming my friend. I now I'm not going to start about the MILLIONS of subsidies that SABENA received from our goverment when it was struggeling.

Further on I see that you clearly not favor homosexuals and about not being able to go to another company is bullshit.

I coul have started work at KLM cityhopper, Virgin express, BMI and Transavia. I turned them all down because of the simple fact that my pay is MUCH better with RYR and they don't offer a fulltime contract. I think with my pay of 2500 EUR a month netto I don't have to complain.

Let me finish by saying that, in stead like you did, I AM going to stay POLITE and this only proves to me that If you can't press your points through because my arguments are better that you start insulting people.

I think this is not acceptable and I'm going to talk this over with the ones responsible on this FORUM. I think I have the right on my opinion like everybody else in this forum.

Regards,
Sean

JetB

Post by JetB »

Exactly Sean, everybody has to right to give its opinion.
I also have to ad that not one thing I mention about Ryanair is false !.
You mention in a post " get your facts right before you criticize " and a few postings later you say " What you're saying is correct, reduction are a critical factor for RYR ". Please Sean don't play these games !.

You love your job and that is great, so I understand your urge to defend the company. There was nothing wrong with my first posting Sean, and yes you jumped as a bulldog on me saying " Get your facts right " !.

I do have my facts right so,

Did the EU Commission tell Ryanair to cancel the CRL - STN route :
YES - NO
Was the EU Commission telling RYR " your growing to fast " :
YES - NO
Does RYR sell 99 cent tickets to show massive growth to investors, during low season, and to kill competition :
YES - NO
Ryanair canceled the CRL - STN route and moved its AC to more profitable routes :
YES - NO
Are there FA's on RYR flights who's English isn't so good :
YES - NO

And about homo's Sean, I am very homo friendly, you would be surprised !, I just dont like queens, to much drama. I could go on, but this site is about aviation.