Scale models -- were?

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
Zorba

Scale models -- were?

Post by Zorba »

Hi,

Just talking about the Sn Brussels Airlines scale models (02/754.19.00)
I thaught, maybe I should start a topic.

Well here we are then, here is my question : Does somewone knows were I can buy nice (not to expensive) scale models?
Last edited by Zorba on 24 Mar 2010, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Tot hier en verder

Comet

Post by Comet »

There is a good shop in Brussels on Rue Lombard which sells aircraft models. I bought a Sabena A319 on a stand there once, and it came gift wrapped. It is a good shop, but I cannot comment on prices as at the time I went, the Belgian Franc was currency, and not that ridiculous pan-European thing you have now.
I am not a fan of the Euro!!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

I am not a fan of the Euro!!!
Comet, the Euro great :wink:

Comet

Post by Comet »

It was easier to convert prices between the pound and the franc than it is with the euro.

I think there is also a decent model shop on the concourse in Brussels Airport, but alot of the models they sell are very small ones in little boxes. It all depends on what scale you want.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:There is a good shop in Brussels on Rue Lombard which sells aircraft models. It is a good shop, but I cannot comment on prices as at the time I went, the Belgian Franc was currency, and not that ridiculous pan-European thing you have now.
Comet,

I know that shop and it proposes a wide variety of models and airlines (including Sabena) at decent prices. These prices are of course quoted in Euro, which makes it easy for most Europeans (but unfortunately not the British and the Scandinavians) to understand immediately in their own pan-European currency.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

When you continentals tell us Brits about the Euro, it brings to mind a certain fable by Aesop about a fox which lost its tail in a snare, but all that is off the topic so I will say no more.

The Rue Lombard shop sells some really wonderful models, as well as the snap together ones like I got of the Sabena A319, there were some really professional looking ones, like the ones you see in airline offices. And there was a good selection of airlines from what I remember. When I go to Brussels I will probably try and track down a VLM aircraft to go with my three Sabena ones (A319, A310, Boeing 747), my BA Concorde and my AF A340. That is my total model collection I just described there.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet,

Is that shop in rue Lombard the one I told you from (Historic Aviation) some time ago :?:

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Incidentally, this topic should fit better in the General Aviation section.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Avro wrote:Comet,

Is that shop in rue Lombard the one I told you from (Historic Aviation) some time ago :?:

Chris
Yes Chris it is, though I didn't know at the time (I never knew what street the shop was on, only that it wasn't too far from Centraal Station in Brussels) until I later looked up Rue Lombard on a map of Brussels and saw where the street was.

I asked the earlier question because someone had asked me about the models for VG/Delsey. I didn't know that the shop was even still there as I couldn't find it when I was in Brussels last year, but I will go there next week!!! :D
Louise