Brussels Airlines joining Star Alliance in December 2009

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

fretn

Re: Brussels Airlines to join Star Alliance in December

Post by fretn »

in that case, why broadcast it live...

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

much ado about nothing ??? (W.S.) :lol:
New types flown 2022.. A339

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Like we say in Dutch "veel cinema voor niks" :mrgreen:

To bad for the used traffic on my internetaccount :lol:

NCB

Post by NCB »

So there was no announcement? Is the conference finished?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

The conference is finished, but for the moment the journalists can speak behind screans with the CEO's and at 18:30 the official ceremony and light show will start.

NCB

Post by NCB »

Thanks for the info.
What does this mean for SN's longhaul announcement? They didn't even speak about LHR?

Sikiri

Post by Sikiri »

I have a question for those who watched the press conference. At the end, there was a photo shoot with cabin crew off all the star alliance members. One of them was wearing a uniform with a blue cap (hat) with something like wings on them. I had never seen the uniform before. Could someone tell me from which airline she was?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

They told it when al the CEO's came in together with a cabin crew member, but I forget it. :oops:

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

It is a SAS air hostess. ;)

Sikiri

Post by Sikiri »

Airbus A330 wrote:It is a SAS air hostess. ;)
Thanks for the info. I have to say, I find it a bit ridiculous, just like the cargo B uniforms. :)

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Airbus A330 wrote:It is a SAS air hostess. ;)
Think it's rather a Blue 1 crew, no?

Kind of odd indeed.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

It's indeed a Blue 1 hostess.

You can see it on the splash screen http://www.blue1.com
Best regards,

Airbuske

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Oops ! :oops: It's indeed a Blue1 uniform. Sorry.

pilot A320

Post by pilot A320 »

I would like to congratulate Brussels Airlines joining Star Alliance,I'm so happy really for them,and I wish all the best for Brussels Airlines,but what happend at the press conference!!!,the joining ceremony at the Grand-Place tonight what was that is that a ceremony for joining the Star Alliance no way sorry that was nothing!!!!!,I was shocked and really disappointed :( ,so the A340 at Brussels Airport already now,and any news about the 3 A319 coming soon next year 2010?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The last couple of days I was really surprised that most of you thought that Brussels Airlines was going to announce a lot of new stuff. Didn't you learned your lesson from the past with Brussels Airlines events? F.e. AirDC, new livery, etc, etc.

The entrance into an alliance is no place to tell what you are going to do or what you have did. I also never saw with other members, so why this time.

Most of the new carriers, routes or codeshares were already announced the last couple of weeks and months.

Bottom line is that thanks to LH SN is now member of the biggest alliance. Congratulations Brussels Airlines!!

CDG and AMS be aware that Brussels Airport will be again a competitor. Maybe not in the first six months but it will be soon.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

pilot A320 wrote:,so the A340 at Brussels Airport already now,and any news about the 3 A319 coming soon next year 2010?
The A340 wasn't for SN, it had an Irish registration so it was rather clear from the start that this wasn't a SN Aircraft. Which 3 A319's? Never read anything about this?

The press conference was indeed a show for nothing. Not a single thing was annouced. Nothing at all... Nothing about increasing long haul towards Africa, nothing about possible new routs, even the new codeshares weren't mentioned in detail...

Apparently there was allready a meeting in the morning with the press, SN and all the Star Alliance CEO's at BRU airport so the thing at the city hall was just for show...

We will see what the media brings in the next couple of days, maybe there are somethings that weren't mentioned during the show...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Atlantis, you are absolutly right about CDG and AMS. Even the newspaper 'de telegraaf' of Holland said that Paris and Amsterdam expect to lose A LOT of passengers. And when a dutch newspaper say this that means they really think this will happen.

About "the big announcements of SN" when do you expect new things than, the coming days/weeks/months?

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Atlantis wrote:The last couple of days I was really surprised that most of you thought that Brussels Airlines was going to announce a lot of new stuff. Didn't you learned your lesson from the past with Brussels Airlines events? F.e. AirDC, new livery, etc, etc.
Actually it didn't surprise me a lot, however... The big press conference was one big joke... Why even call it a press conference if you are only willing to make a 40 minute commercial for Star Alliance? In the end it was nothing more then one big commercial...

But in the end we can be happy that SN is now a Star Alliance member but that's about it...

pilot A320

Post by pilot A320 »

Apparently there was allready a meeting in the morning with the press, SN and all the Star Alliance CEO's at BRU airport so the thing at the city hall was just for show...
Yes you are right they did had a meeting started at around 10:30 and it was finished at 13:30,tomorrow the big Party at the B-house,but what time it will start,any one knows?
Last edited by pilot A320 on 09 Dec 2009, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

pilot A320 wrote:Tomorrow the big Party at the B-house,but what time it will start,any one knows?
17h00, only SN staff allowed.