Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sn26567 »

Inquirer wrote:The metric itself it pretty pointless too, as you need to multiply the number of passengers times their distance flown to get a good idea of the size of the airline.
Or multiply the number of passengers by the average price they pay to have an idea of the turnover of the airline.
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sn26567 wrote:
Inquirer wrote:The metric itself it pretty pointless too, as you need to multiply the number of passengers times their distance flown to get a good idea of the size of the airline.
Or multiply the number of passengers by the average price they pay to have an idea of the turnover of the airline.
Indeed, ASK (available seat kilometres), RPK (revenue passenger kilometres) or revenue are more common factors that are used in the industry to compare airline size.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

shockcooling wrote:Sorry, but I fail to understand the above tables completely. So apparently the total passengers international seems to be exactly the same as international + domestic together. Isn't that weird, considering Ryanair has numerous domestic flights in their network...?
Ryanair doesn't fly any domestic route - meaning routes inside Ireland, Ryanair being an Irish company (Dublin-Cork has been cancelled a few years ago).
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Yet don't they fly between 2 airports in the same country, like in the UK, or Italy?
Surely that is domestic flying? Just because you are a non-uk or a non-Italian company doesn't make a London-Glasgow or a Milan-Palermo (just theoretical examples here, I don't know if there's routes exist) suddenly an international flight???

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Statistically, a flight is counted as domestic if it is flown by a company Inside its own country.
For instance, Edinburg-London is counted as domestic for British Airways, not for Ryanair.
It has already been repeated here ad nauseam.

cnc

Post by cnc »

that is fault.
if UA for instance starts a flight from LHR to MAN it is considered a domestic flight

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The transport of goods or passengers between two points in the same country by an aircraft registered in another country is called "cabotage".

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

airazurxtror wrote:The transport of goods or passengers between two points in the same country by an aircraft registered in another country is called "cabotage".
It's no real cabotage any longer to EU companies, given we have a common market in the EU.

Intra-EU flights are really just domestic flights for any EU airlines, but semantically it sounds so much nicer to still call them international flights; it's another one of those pointless metrics airlines like to use to make themselves more important than they only are.

A bit like De Lijn, which pretends to have well over half a billion customers (compare that to the equally non-dimentioned figures above!), in a region of just over 5 million inhabitants.
Looking at their undimentioned passenger numbers, you'd think they'd be of a size suitable for China. :lol:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

An interesting and unusual job in the airline industry. Interested in a role as a Fraud Analyst with Ryanair? Then this may be the role for you - http://corporate.ryanair.com/careers/va ... FIN/FRFA02

Fraud analyst? Are there so many scams at Ryanair? How much can you fraud on a 49€ ticket?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

no bitcoins yet? ;-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Ryanair to accept Paypal payments
What is the surcharge for PayPal payments?
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote: What is the surcharge for PayPal payments?
No surcharge (same as with a credit card payment).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:
sn26567 wrote: What is the surcharge for PayPal payments?
No surcharge (same as with a credit card payment).
I just checked the English Ryanair website (I am currently in Sri Lanka) for a flight BRU-KRK tomorrow and I read:
"Credit Card Fee: 1.54 EUR" (also applicable to PayPal). You can argue that you get a discount if you pay by debit card, but the result is the same; you pay more if you pay by credit card or PayPal.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Yes, you pay more by credit card or by Paypal than if you pay by debit card.
You can also say that you get a rebate if you pay by debit card.
The difference being 2% of the fare.
In your example : 78,53-76,99=1,54 euro. For a CRL-KRK - Ryanair don't fly BRU-KRK, at least not yet.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair has announced a new daily route between Dublin and Brussels Airport as part of its winter schedule.
The service – which will offer three flights per day from late October – will be in addition to Ryanair’s existing connection to Brussels Charleroi.

The airline also said its winter schedule would include new services between Dublin Airport and locations including Basel in Switzerland, Marrakesh in Morocco and Bucharest in Romania.
It also plans to increase the frequency on a number of its existing Dublin routes, including London Gatwick, Birmingham, Berlin, Rome and Warsaw.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014/08 ... -brussels/

Established02

Post by Established02 »

airazurxtror wrote:new daily route between Dublin and Brussels Airport ... in addition to Ryanair’s existing connection to Brussels Charleroi.
1000 existing daily seats with EI on BRU + 1100 existing daily seats with FR on CRL + 1100 new daily seats with FR on BRU.

Ultimately something will have to give on the CRL/BRU-DUB market.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Just a remark: its not explicitly mentioned they will keep capacity intact at CRL: as we have seen with their previous route annoucements from BRU, capacity in CRL was subsequently reduced there to absorb part of the capacity increase at BRU, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the same on this route too as they must also feel they are competing with themselves in the end, which is of course not the aim.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair wants to launch an “Israeli version” of the Irish company and turn Israel into one of its hubs, CEO Michael O’Leary told the Irish Independent newspaper.
O’Leary says the company has great aspirations for Israel, and promised Israel’s tourism minister last year that the company would bring Israel 4-5 million tourists a year.
He expressed disappointment with Israel’s regulatory authorities, who are striving to protect El Al from competition.
From Israel it would fly to Russia, central Europe, Britain, Germany and many other destinations.
Read more :
http://www.haaretz.com/travel-in-israel ... s/1.612400

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Today FR has launched our business plus pack!
Starting at 69.99EUR passengers who will book business plus will receive the following:
Unlimited flight changes with free change on the day of travel
20 kg baggage allowance
Fast track at airport security
Priority boarding
Cabin bag garantueed on board
and premium seating with extra leg room

That's right, all of that for 0.99EUR more than SN's LCC ticket. ;)

more info
http://www.ryanair.com/ie/business-plus/