The official aviation quiz topic!

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

rotor

Post by rotor »

Maybe they did destinations where the runway was not strong enough so they spread the weight ? :roll:

Or Johnny is flying, and wanted just that extra 'tuning' on his plane.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Probably ways to do balancing/alignment.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Alistairbastian

this may help answer the querry

Post by Alistairbastian »

nwa757 wrote:This is strange. This Indian Airlines A320 has the conventional double-wheeled main gear. Why does Indian Airlines operate quadruple-wheeled and double-wheeled A320s?
The A320s went into service in January 1989. It was the beginning of the partnership with Messier-Bugatti and the subsequent introduction of carbon brake technology. :D
In response to specifications that were related to the surfaces of the domestic runways :idea: in India, Messier-Bugatti exclusively developed bogie type brakes for Indian Airlines: each main axle unit was made up of not two but four braked wheels!

:arrow: http://www.messier-bugatti.com/press/in ... cles&id=78

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Is Alistair Bastian :!: correct nwa 757 :?:
In response to specifications that were related to the surfaces of the domestic runways in India

Very information. I am sure not many Indians know this. We are grateful to you. India :rock: Thank you Alistair.

For more information one can write to:
Messier-Bugatti
Zone Aéronautique Louis Breguet
78140 Vélizy-Villacoublay-F
Tel: 33 (0)1 46 29 81 00
Fax: 33 (0)1 46 29 87 00 or EMAIL
Aum Sweet Aum.

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Advisor wrote:Is Alistair Bastian :!: correct nwa 757 :?:

I do not know. I was just asking this because I wondered about it. Not because I was quizing someone.

From what I read in the comments of pics on Airliners.net and the Messier-Bugatti website it seemes that Alistairbastian is correct.
Onward and Upward...

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Alistairbastian is correct. Also the landing gear are from Messier-Dowty (design bureau at the same adress as Messier-Bugatti).

So, it's your turn now, Alistairbastian!

Regards

Seb.

Alistairbastian

my question

my dear brothers

Why do engines of supersonic aircrafts like the Concorde have a square intake ? :?:

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

There is a "flap" who can reduce the air intake section to avoid "air ram" in the engine at super sonic speed. It's easier to fit it into a square air intake rather a round one.

Just my thought... :D

Seb.

Alistairbastian

yes :!: :!: horse power the answer is correect . so ur turn to fire :dance:

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Ok, here I go:

Atlanta is well known to be one of the biggest airport in the world! Toulouse is Airbus home base, and is considered as the European Aeronautic Capital. As we can see, these two cities are both aeronautical orientated. But something else bring them together :cheers: , what is it?

Regards

Seb.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Toulouse and Atlanta are sister cities ("villes jumelées"). Therefore,
they concluded economic partnerships in the fields of transport and biotechnology, programmes for the exchange of students, cultural exchanges.

And there is a Toulouse restaurant in Atlanta... (not French cuisine, but American bistrot style...)

Final note: Brussels, Belgium, is also a sister city of Atlanta
André
ex Sabena #26567

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

sn26567 wrote:Toulouse and Atlanta are sister cities ("villes jumelées"). Therefore,
they concluded economic partnerships in the fields of transport and biotechnology, programmes for the exchange of students, cultural exchanges.

And there is a Toulouse restaurant in Atlanta... (not French cuisine, but American bistrot style...)

Final note: Brussels, Belgium, is also a sister city of Atlanta
That's more than I was expecting! You're the next, sn26567!

Regards

Seb.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Great answer André!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

HorsePower wrote:You're the next, sn26567!
Here we go.

The C130 Hercules is a well-known workhorse in many air forces throughout the world. But recently another constructor decided to build a plane named C130 for the transport of passengers. Any risk of confusion? That is not the question.

The question is: "Which constructor decided to build a C130 passenger plane? And (an easy one), what will be its capacity?"
André
ex Sabena #26567

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

I assume you are talking about the Bombardier C-series (the 130 seater version).

Regards

Seb.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Correct: the Bombardier C130 is indeed the plane, a nice and welcome competition for Boeing and Airbus, together with its smaller sister the C110.

On 15 March, Bombardier's Board of Directors granted Bombardier Aerospace authority to offer the new CSeries family of aircraft to customers. Prior to launch, Bombardier will seek firm commitments from potential customers, suppliers and government partners. The CSeries aircraft is the first family of aircraft specifically designed for the 110- to 130-seat market segment. Designed in two basic five-seat abreast versions, one version, the C110, will carry 110 passengers, while a larger version, the C130, will seat 130 passengers.

Each of the two variants may be configured for either short-haul travel with a 1,800 nautical mile range or for transcontinental flights of up to 3,000 nautical miles. The CSeries family of aircraft will provide flexibility and range capability to expand airlines networks beyond current hub-and-spoke operations to point-to-point flying. It will also share an engine, and have commonalities in crew training, operating procedures as well as part and maintenance procedures. To enable greater revenue generation and higher aircraft utilization, the CSeries aircraft is designed for simultaneous servicing points for quicker turn-around.

Your turn again, Seb.
André
ex Sabena #26567

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Thanks André, an easy one:

What's ETOPS stand for?

Regards

Seb.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:banana: ETOPS here i come :banana:

:arrow: Extended-range Twin-engine Operational Performance Standards :rock:
Aum Sweet Aum.

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Extended range for Twin engine Operations
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

:twisted: One minut late :(
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."