Brussels region noise regulation

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: Brussels region noise regulation 2

Post by Acid-drop »

i'm not sure it's very usefull to have 2 different topic if we continue on the same subject ... could we merge them ?
the problem then would be a massive concentration of flights on Flanders only. Not acceptable.
It is very acceptable if you use common sense :
- the wind is always right. No funky political bypass.
- rural wins over dense area

there is nothing else to say.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Re: A new big airport in Belgium

Post by Acid-drop »

I repeat myself but ... there is that pdf that analyse all solutions much better than us ...
http://www.bruairlibre.be/_wp-balb/wp-c ... roport.pdf
What about the transition period, full of opportunities for EBCI and EBLG ? Senseless.
Spooky !! Omg ! giving something to Wallonia ? Spooky !
Didn't you understand yet that either you do money transfer or you have a strong wallonia, but either way it's pretty much the same for you. A stronger wallonia means a stronger country, means a stronger YOU :)
What about the transition period, full of opportunities for EBCI and EBLG ? Senseless.
As if they needed that ;)
Last edited by Acid-drop on 18 Feb 2017, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Acid-drop wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:39
- rural wins over dense area

there is nothing else to say.
What to say to those poor guys experiencing a massive buildof new airport in front of their farm doors ? It's not fair. Flemish or not. Please be human before belgian :lol:

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

But in 50 years we will fly less I mean that oil will be not so abundant than now or even gone....

Anyway oil will be more expensive and our sustainable energy will also be expensive.
It's quite sure we will use more ground transport.

So if you decide to construct an airport the next year's it will be operational in 15 to 20 years.

I don't think it's worthwhile for that couple of years.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

You're right, a new international airport could be builded in wallonia regio. Why not ? But again : at what cost ? when will it enter into service ? What about passengers during the constrution time ? Bref, same refrain as of Olieslagers.

The bruairlibre PDF is very instructive.Thx a lot.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 17:14 You can only use the conflict of interest 2 times so in 3 months it's over.
You don't get it. A la guerre comme à la guerre. If you declare someone war, you may expect the unexpected. If Brussels is going to hurt the economy of Flanders by hurting Brussels Airport (= as Vanhengel & Vervoort promise), there are dozens of Conflicts of interest that Flanders can use to force Brussels to decide otherwise. Just one example: last month, the Brussels Government has published a law (arrêté/arrest) about a tax on holiday accommodation. Flanders can call a Conflict of interest for this Brussels law, stating that the tax is too law and therefore gives Brussels too much advantage to Flanders. Result: no tourism tax income for Brussels during 60 days... And away from micriphones and cameras, Flanders tells Brussels that the Conflict will be dropped when Brussels amends it noise restrictions.
lumumba wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 17:14 If everybody is agree to stretched the runway 25L to the north east I'm sure that Brussels will be less strict with the noise regulation.
Seriously, extend 25L with 2 kms and make it a 5 km runway? And only use 25L for take offs? Apart from the trumendous cost for this extension (hundreds of houses have to be bought and abolished), it simply can't work for cargo aircraft. Just calculate the taxi time from Brucargo to that new 25L: it will be 20-30 minutes.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Passenger wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:57 If Brussels is going to hurt the economy of Flanders by hurting Brussels Airport (= as Vanhengel & Vervoort promise),
To be more precise, the economy of flanders (honestly not really at hurt in that matter) could be "easily" saved by taking more flights above flemish territory.

Rendons à César...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:57
lumumba wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 17:14 You can only use the conflict of interest 2 times so in 3 months it's over.
You don't get it. A la guerre comme à la guerre. If you declare someone war, you may expect the unexpected. If Brussels is going to hurt the economy of Flanders by hurting Brussels Airport (= as Vanhengel & Vervoort promise), there are dozens of Conflicts of interest that Flanders can use to force Brussels to decide otherwise. Just one example: last month, the Brussels Government has published a law (arrêté/arrest) about a tax on holiday accommodation. Flanders can call a Conflict of interest for this Brussels law, stating that the tax is too law and therefore gives Brussels too much advantage to Flanders. Result: no tourism tax income for Brussels during 60 days... And away from micriphones and cameras, Flanders tells Brussels that the Conflict will be dropped when Brussels amends it noise restrictions.
lumumba wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 17:14 If everybody is agree to stretched the runway 25L to the north east I'm sure that Brussels will be less strict with the noise regulation.
Seriously, extend 25L with 2 kms and make it a 5 km runway? And only use 25L for take offs? Apart from the trumendous cost for this extension (hundreds of houses have to be bought and abolished), it simply can't work for cargo aircraft. Just calculate the taxi time from Brucargo to that new 25L: it will be 20-30 minutes.

Why 25R will still be used for take off but 25L also.

So you spread it ,today 80% of the take off go over Brussels if you now that it's the most populated area and that only 10 to 15% of people from Brussels work at the airport it's not fair.

But anyway with 25L becoming also a take off runway to the south west you can spread flights.

Even if you don't stretch 25L but you just make it also a take off runway it can be a solution.

By the way that's the second proposition from Brussels Airport.

I just try to find solution that's all!

Yes Brussels will anyway have less noise in the future and that's normal.

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

lumumba wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 19:06

So you spread it ,today 80% of the take off go over Brussels if you now that it's the most populated area and that only 10 to 15% of people from Brussels work at the airport it's not fair.
Do you have any source for that ?
lumumba wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 19:06 Yes Brussels will anyway have less noise in the future and that's normal.
Strictly speaking, I'm waiting for studies ;-)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:28
There is no more space left to build an airport near Brussels. Even in Belgium.
Removing an entire village like in Munich ? Don't think so ...
I am aware it can never be easy. But something needs to be done, right now. And think of the awful opportunities for real-estate development at the present BRU site... that would make up for a good deal of the cost.
Be serious for a min. Belgium is already so crowded that it is never never never possible to build a new big airport. Everywhere you have a lot of people living or some big industries and restrictions. And be sure that on other places they will even demonstrate much more and harder bcs they have the example of Brussels and they will do exactly the same. So what is the solution than??? And as second, the more you move to left, right, up or down, the more you come closer to CDG, AMS, FRA, etc. Don't you think that airlines will not decide to leave BRU and to concentrate on those airports???
Don't forget the huge investments they made the last years.
All other airports are even not able to handle the traffic what BRU is handling. Or they are too small or they are hopeless old like OST and ANR. Think about what it will cost.

You want to develop real estate at the the BRU site?? Yeah right, with an already fully congested highways, secondairy roads, etc. My God, that would be even a much more disaster bcs it will even more concentrate people to a certain place.

Let all members please think clearly instead of having a bunch of fetish ideas which is not realistic. Whith moving away the airport, also the airlines will stay away and all multinationals, NATO, HQ, etc

Please.....

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Crosswind wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 19:01
Passenger wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:57 If Brussels is going to hurt the economy of Flanders by hurting Brussels Airport (= as Vanhengel & Vervoort promise),
To be more precise, the economy of flanders (honestly not really at hurt in that matter) could be "easily" saved by taking more flights above flemish territory.
Rendons à César...
Both Brussels and Flanders need the airport badly for their economy. Brussels needs international tourists and businessmen/women, and they come in via BRU. Hotels, restaurants, shops, convention centres, taxis in Brussels are dead without tourists and businessmen flying into BRU. Flanders mainly needs the airport because of its general interest to the industry: cargo, business connections.

But let's admit it: it's a political poker play, with a few political parties having an advantage: some have electors who don't mind at all that the airport looses traffic to AMS or FRA or CDG or MUC. When you are settled in unemployment or other wellfare system, you simply don't care about the economy. When you are an eco-activist, your priority is to have as little aircraft in the air and as little trucks on the road as possible. Unfortunately, some Brussels polticians rely on these two groups.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Atlantis wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 21:34
jan_olieslagers wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 18:28
There is no more space left to build an airport near Brussels. Even in Belgium.
Removing an entire village like in Munich ? Don't think so ...
I am aware it can never be easy. But something needs to be done, right now. And think of the awful opportunities for real-estate development at the present BRU site... that would make up for a good deal of the cost.
Be serious for a min. Belgium is already so crowded that it is never never never possible to build a new big airport. Everywhere you have a lot of people living or some big industries and restrictions. And be sure that on other places they will even demonstrate much more and harder bcs they have the example of Brussels and they will do exactly the same. So what is the solution than??? And as second, the more you move to left, right, up or down, the more you come closer to CDG, AMS, FRA, etc. Don't you think that airlines will not decide to leave BRU and to concentrate on those airports???
Don't forget the huge investments they made the last years.
All other airports are even not able to handle the traffic what BRU is handling. Or they are too small or they are hopeless old like OST and ANR. Think about what it will cost.

You want to develop real estate at the the BRU site?? Yeah right, with an already fully congested highways, secondairy roads, etc. My God, that would be even a much more disaster bcs it will even more concentrate people to a certain place.

Let all members please think clearly instead of having a bunch of fetish ideas which is not realistic. Whith moving away the airport, also the airlines will stay away and all multinationals, NATO, HQ, etc

Please.....
I ask the question directly to you Atlantis what do you think to make from 25L also a take off runway?

Not stretched just new taxiways etc...

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Of course Atlantis, you're absolutely right : to build a new int'nl airport in Belgium is close to heretical. Would cost billions just for materials, would take years to finish over, would refrain millions passengers to transit via "BE", would open a star way to compteition...

That's why we have to find a solution, and Brussels Regio knows it.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 21:43
Crosswind wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 19:01
Rendons à César...
Both Brussels and Flanders need the airport badly for their economy. Brussels needs international tourists and businessmen/women, and they come in via BRU. Hotels, restaurants, shops, convention centres, taxis in Brussels are dead without tourists and businessmen flying into BRU. Flanders mainly needs the airport because of its general interest to the industry: cargo, business connections.

But let's admit it: it's a political poker play, with a few political parties having an advantage: some have electors who don't mind at all that the airport looses traffic to AMS or FRA or CDG or MUC. When you are settled in unemployment or other wellfare system, you simply don't care about the economy. When you are an eco-activist, your priority is to have as little aircraft in the air and as little trucks on the road as possible. Unfortunately, some Brussels polticians rely on these two groups.
But in Flanders some politicians rely also to this two groups.....!

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

A new solution you mean ?
Because the solution is happening already... many years... both north and south of BRU

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Passenger wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 21:43Brussels needs international tourists and businessmen/women, and they come in via BRU. Hotels, restaurants, shops, convention centres, taxis in Brussels are dead without tourists and businessmen flying into BRU. Flanders mainly needs the airport because of its general interest to the industry: cargo, business connections.
Inter'nl tourists and businessmen/women could easily come via other Airports, or by rail. Ryanair built it's business on this base. CRL, ANR, OST, LGG... Or AMS, FRA and CDG can take the relay in a finger snap (CRL, for sure). Would be stupid, I admit. But stupidity is common to humans.
Passenger wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 21:43 But let's admit it: it's a political poker play, with a few political parties having an advantage: some have electors who don't mind at all that the airport looses traffic to AMS or FRA or CDG or MUC. When you are settled in unemployment or other wellfare system, you simply don't care about the economy. When you are an eco-activist, your priority is to have as little aircraft in the air and as little trucks on the road as possible. Unfortunately, some Brussels polticians rely on these two groups.
Question is : what kind of world do we want ? Let's stay honnest, everyone thinks there are right.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Brussels minister Guy Vanhengel
Attachments
C4956NqWQAAKmVi.jpg

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Yes mate. But main problem : would overfly flanders instead of BRU regio. Again, stupid, humans, I know...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

You have the second option the same but without stretching the runway....

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

luchtzak wrote: 18 Feb 2017, 22:09 Brussels minister Guy Vanhengel
And what will be the taxi time for cargo aircraft, from Brucargo to the new Vanhengel 25L? At least 20 minutes. For those who sometimes leave from AMS: when you have to take off from 36L, and when 36C is also in use, you wonder if you are going to ride to destination, or fly.