12th September Spotting Meet @ BRU

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

also take a look at http://www.spreidingsplan.be
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Only hope now that the weather behaves itself.

I'd hate to miss this spotting trip, that would be a real pain! :evil: :evil:
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

99% I will be there 12th september, it is on a sunday right?
U can find my with my parents on the small road on the left side of the runway. Not yet at the side of the fence but before the fence.

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

@ VC-10

Are you really holidaying in Belgium for the weather???

It looks like I may be able to get away on the 12th for a couple of hours so. If I can sneak out of the house I will make the trip to 25L to see if I can meet any other Luchtzakkers, but might need a lift as it a good walk from home to the water tower.

Meerkat
(bringing a warm and waterproof jacket)

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Hi Meerkat...

Not only for the weather, no, (it's too much like the UK weather!! :lol: :lol: )

It will be nice to see you on the 12th, complete with your warm winter woollies, or whatever :wink: :wink:

If it is raining though, it's doubtful if we'd be there,and that will be SO disappointing!!

We had a few hours there last year, and really enjoyed it, although we just missed getting a photo of the 747 which came in shortly after we left. :cry: :cry:

And, although we didn't know it, we were standing just a few feet away from Rutger and his mates...

Anyway, hope to be able to get there, and see you and anyone else who is there. :wink: :wink:

Trisha

Avro

Post by Avro »

Trisha,

Check out the following link (https://www.aviation24.be/contentid-38.html) if you want to be sure you see some B747's on your spotting day.

You're lucky on sunday there are a few of them landing ;)

Chris
8)

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Thanks for that info Chris, checking it out I see that there are, indeed, several 747s due to land on the Sunday, and hopefully, at the time that we can see them.

We are also hoping that the AN124 is still "in residence" when we get to Brussels, either when we land next Monday, or on the 12th (that is, if it is visible from the spotting site)

Thanks again, and we hope to see you there! :) :) :) :)

Trisha

Avro

Post by Avro »

VC10 wrote: We are also hoping that the AN124 is still "in residence" when we get to Brussels, either when we land next Monday, or on the 12th (that is, if it is visible from the spotting site)
Yes it will certainly still be here in BRU. But unfortunately you won't be able to see the AN124 from the spotting place where you'll be. :(

The AN124 is located at the far end of the airport. near the intersection of runway 25R and 20 on the military apron.

So if you want to see it from your plane you will have to sit at the right hand side. ;)

Greetz
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

What a pity we won't have a good view of the An124 at a time when I have my camera and video camera handy :cry:

We shall have to remember about the right side of the aircraft. Problem is that if we do get an Avro, they always put two people invariably in the left side of the aircraft where the two abreast seats are (I have never had a right side seat in an Avro type, even a six abreast one :( ) If we get an Airbus I guess it won't matter to the check in staff where they put two people if the Airbus is six abreast.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A special request: since many of you will be spotting at BRU on 12 September, I would like to ask you to take a pic of the landing of my flight on that day: LH 1946 from MUC, probably a Canadair RJ 100, scheduled at 16:30.

Thanks!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Rago

Post by Rago »

a lot of chance I'll be there Comet. It will be a great opportunity to give you a CD with the pic's I promised you a while ago :oops:
but several belgian spotters have confirmed to me
that if you're a bit discreet police won't say a word
most of them are unable to distinguish
a scanner from a mobile phone anyway
Jan if the cops don't say a word, it's not because they don't know the difference between a scan and a mobile phone, it's because of the difficult law's :teach: .
But don't be afraid to use the scan :happy: , my scan needs to be replaced and as "I know the law well" (read as "I am a cop"), I'll be happy to confiscate yours :twisted: :wink: :wink:

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

@André
at the moment it doesn't looks like that I can do it (to the meeting) but if I'm there I will take a shot
@all btw. unfortunatly it's sure that I cannot do the SN flight from VIE because for 90% sure if I CAN do it I will come from Neuss (between CGN and DUS) - so any information about the Thalys is highly appreciated in my mailbox or even here in the post :)
and 99.9 % I've no car available, because if I have to be back here in VIE on Nonday or Tuesday I won't drive 8 hours by car - I will of course fly ! (but only to DUS and this on friday or even thursday, and as it looks like another visitation there without any time for DUS spotting :( ... )

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Rago wrote:"I know the law well" (read as "I am a cop")
Gaaargh! And what are you going to do about all these people of the Luchtzak community who have openly admitted using a scanner :?:
André
ex Sabena #26567

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

If it's not raining cats and dogs I will be there.
And if it's not to cold I'll be wearing also my "luchtzak" T-shirt and my SNBA-cap.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Rago

Post by Rago »

sn26567 wrote:And what are you going to do about all these people of the Luchtzak community who have openly admitted using a scanner :?:
Don't worry André! :happy: I'm open minded! :dammit:
Everybody of the Luchtzak community can bring their scan on Sep12th. Please bring some nice models! :thumbsup: As mine is broken I prefer to replace it by a nice one! :twisted: :contract: :twisted: Woehahahahahaaaaa.... :banana: :wink: :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

LOL - Rago :mrgreen:

Anyway, I wish you all a nice time next sunday because I won't make it :( I won't be here in Brussels that weekend. :(

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks for all replies and to everyone who can be there on 12th. I too hope to be wearing a Luchtzak tee shirt, and will have a bag with an Aer Lingus tag and an American Eagle tag (couldn't get an SNBA tag :cry: ) I hope the weather will be great.

Andre - I won't be taking a photo of your plane because I do video!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Comet wrote: I hope the weather will be great.
Sorry to dissapoint you but:
VRT news wrote: Tijdens het weekeinde wordt het weer duidelijk wisselvalliger. Zwaarbewolkte perioden en opklaringen wisselen elkaar af. Bij tussenpozen vallen er buien met kans op onweer. De temperaturen dalen naar 20 graden.
or in short: only 20°, heavy clouds, some sun, showers, chance on a thunderstorm.
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Bruspotter

Spotters meeting Sept. 12th.

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi!

I saw you'r interresting proposion,but i think i can't join you guys
Sunday,i went a lot last month,and even only 2 weeks ago,i don't
think i gonna find a driver anymore. Anyway i do can tell you wat's
expected for Sunday,i don't know the wind-direction yet. But the
Brussels airport works-plane indicates that in this stage of the works,
runway 25R,07L can not be used in full lengt for landing or take-off.
That probely means that the "heavy ones" will land RWY25L,because
RWY20/02 can also not be used in full lengt. The last times i went
(in August) all the planes landen at RWY 25L,and took of at RWY2,or
on other days at 25L too. So i you'r lucky you'll see landing the most
"heavys" and taking off at RWY25L.

Remark that sunday is a very interressting day for Cargo flights:

Cathay Pacific 74F Singapore Cargo 74Y(even 2)
Kalitta air Cargo 74F (Korean Air Cargo?)74Y
Asiana air Cargo 74Y Saudia Cargo 74F/M1F
Eva air Cargo M1F ......

so,lots of pleasure and nice pictures!!!

regards: yannick :D

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Damn, I hate Belgian Weather. Now we have nothing but sun and 25°C, but sunday we don't have any sun I guess :cry:

I think not much of you guys are comming, but I hope at least some of you will come :? Always nice to have a chat when it's raining (in "Den Jumbo" offcourse :D )

@ André : I'll try and take a picture, don't blame me if not a good picture :oops:
Tot hier en verder