Jet Airways event at Brussels Airport on 2 May

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ttubbie

Post by ttubbie »

PNC wrote:Jet aiways will become the "big'' long haul carrier out of Brussels. even bigger than the national carrier Bru air.... shame for Belgium
If there is 1 economic sector in which national interests should not play a role, it is the airline industry. We must get rid of this silly idea that every country in Europe should have its own airline, that is simply something that will disappear in the not too distant future. I do not care which airline(s) make BRU a major airport in Europe again, as long as it happens !

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

discover the new premium, economy and first class of Jet Airways:

http://www.jetairways.com/msib21/FrontE ... flash.html (ps: use IE, site is not working properly in FF and Opera)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

WisoBe wrote:
fcw wrote:

Really, don't you think we should be happy to welcome a new company at Brussels ?
I'm very proud that we can welcome Jet Airways in a few months at Brussels Airport. This will be a major step for our national airport and our country and the diamonds.

And what's also important: Jet Airways is building its European hub at Brussels Airport and not LHR.

At this moment two other plans are on table. Two new lines from, at this moment not known Indian city, via Brussels to New York (JFK) and an other one to Vancouver.

If Brussels Airport this will give to Jet Aiways then we can say: Bingo

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

In a first phase the flight Delhi-Brussels-Toronto will be three times a week. Later this year it will be a daily flight.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

If there is 1 economic sector in which national interests should not play a role, it is the airline industry. We must get rid of this silly idea that every country in Europe should have its own airline, that is simply something that will disappear in the not too distant future. I do not care which airline(s) make BRU a major airport in Europe again, as long as it happens !

If there is one sector where national interests do play a VERY IMPORTANT ROLE, it is airline business.
Flag carriers create jobs, bring tourists, business people, investors ,give an image of the country, and are usually something nationals are proud about.

Not so in Belgium, country of sado-masochists and destroyers, parochial politicians, nimby's, criminal unions, cultural décadence , strikes, deteriorating infrastructure, 19th century state companies,..

100's of international companies have been leaving our country in the last 10 years, and certainly our politicians will once succeeed to get NATO, EU headquarters, etc OUT

Even Albania and Kalilingrad have more national pride.

[/quote]

teach

Post by teach »

Dear JOVAN, please don't take this personally, but I believe I need to say this. After reading your latest post, I took the liberty to quickly browse through all your 19 posts here so far. As I feared and suspected, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM can be summarized as you whining, bitching and groaning about BRU / SN / Belgium / what not. Every single one. Often with gross ultra-pessimistic 'glass is half empty and we're all going to hell' predictions and analyses.

I can understand there are certain things you don't like, and it's perfectly OK to complain about them. We all have things we don't like, and we all complain sometimes. But when complaining is pretty much ALL you do, and you keep on repeating the same things over and over again, it tends to get boring, and annoying, pretty quickly. Hey, you've made only 19 posts here, and I already know what is going to be in your posts before I read them.

Seriously: lighten up!
Last edited by teach on 24 Apr 2007, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

WisoBe

Post by WisoBe »

Atlantis wrote:
At this moment two other plans are on table. Two new lines from, at this moment not known Indian city, via Brussels to New York (JFK) and an other one to Vancouver.

Hey Atlantis (or whatever is your real name :P :P :P )

you may be right about Vancouver, even though they only started to think about it recently. May I know where you get all those information so quickly and so accurate ? :D
For you information, they will first start with Mumbai - Shangai - San Francisco before starting a flight to Vancouver passing by BRU.

Moon

Post by Moon »

Last edited by Moon on 23 Jun 2007, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

WisoBe

Post by WisoBe »

Moon wrote:do you know who is doing the handling?
Flightcare or Aviapartner?
As far as I know, it hasn't been decided yet. :?

YYZ727

Post by YYZ727 »

teach wrote:Dear JOVAN, please don't take this personally, but I believe I need to say this. After reading your latest post, I took the liberty to quickly browse through all your 19 posts here so far. As I feared and suspected, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM can be summarized as you whining, bitching and groaning about BRU / SN / Belgium / what not. Every single one. Often with gross ultra-pessimistic 'glass is half empty and we're all going to hell' predictions and analyses.

I can understand there are certain things you don't like, and it's perfectly OK to complain about them. We all have things we don't like, and we all complain sometimes. But when complaining is pretty much ALL you do, and you keep on repeating the same things over and over again, it tends to get boring, and annoying, pretty quickly. Hey, you've made only 19 posts here, and I already what is going to be in your posts before I read them.

Seriously: lighten up!
Way to go, Teach ! I have had the exact same feelings when reading Jovan's posts....

b720

To JOVAN

Post by b720 »

JOVAN,

1. this is not a political forum.
2. Albania and kaliningrad are not inferior to "your country" hence kindly do not say something repulsive as: "even albania and kaliningrad have more national pride.."

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

WisoBe wrote:
Atlantis wrote:

Hey Atlantis (or whatever is your real name :P :P :P )

you may be right about Vancouver, even though they only started to think about it recently. May I know where you get all those information so quickly and so accurate ? :D
For you information, they will first start with Mumbai - Shangai - San Francisco before starting a flight to Vancouver passing by BRU.

Its a combination of different factors. One of those are finding good, reliable, sites with current information about the topic.

If you have luck, the company itselfs can also give you some information.

As far as I know the Vancouver route was from the beginning a possible route. But not via BRU. First intention was to use different airports in Europe. Toronto was not even a route via BRU but via Dusseldorf.
I don't know what makes them a turn of 180° but I'm happy that they will do their flights via BRU. Good for pax, transit, cargo and jobs.

And indeed, San Francisco is a route for the near future. It all depends when they receive the B777 and A330. :wink:

TWA

Post by TWA »

Darjeeling wrote:Do realize that IF Jet Airways plans are true, they will simply become the largest operator of direct long-haul flights from BRU (Please let's exclude "be.bru.codeshare.airlines" omnibus african operations). Just to make you realize how Belgian's ambitions are small. A private Indian Airline... :?

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

As far as I know the Vancouver route was from the beginning a possible route. But not via BRU. First intention was to use different airports in Europe. Toronto was not even a route via BRU but via Dusseldorf.
I don't know what makes them a turn of 180° but I'm happy that they will do their flights via BRU. Good for pax, transit, cargo and jobs.
The Brussels Airport Company is a very big factor in this.

fcw

Post by fcw »

Brubiac wrote:
The Brussels Airport Company is a very big factor in this.
Another couple of reasons:
- Their Director of Opêrations is belgian
- If they decide to open a crew base in Bru the will have lots good and cheap crew available.

blackbox

Post by blackbox »

TWA wrote:
Darjeeling wrote:Do realize that IF Jet Airways plans are true, they will simply become the largest operator of direct long-haul flights from BRU (Please let's exclude "be.bru.codeshare.airlines" omnibus african operations). Just to make you realize how Belgian's ambitions are small. A private Indian Airline... :?
I agree. If you think about it, it's really unbelievable. Belgium is one of the wealthiest countries on earth with on its territory the 'capital' of EU, NATO and numerous international organisations. We have exellent social system, standard of living, health care, road network, seaports, high speed rail network (Brussels is the number one European high speed rail hub with Thalys, Eurostar, ICE and TGV trains), etc...

But in aviation we are.... nothing.

We have a 'national carrier' with a pathetic number of 3 (soon 4!! wow!) long haul airplanes, that fly only to... Arfica. The favorite holiday and business destination for Belgians...! :roll: I believe 'pathetic' is even an understatement.

But don't get me wrong, Jet Airways is ofcourse very welcome! If a Belgian company won't do it, it's natural a foreign company will fill the gap)

WisoBe

Post by WisoBe »

fcw wrote:
Another couple of reasons:
- Their Director of Opêrations is belgian
- If they decide to open a crew base in Bru the will have lots good and cheap crew available.
A Belgian Director of Operations :D :D :D ? Do you have a name ?

By the way, I have a question. As you all know, a 777 and a A330 are coming to BRU for the 2nd may event. Do we know yet when those aircrafts are landing at Brussels ? I really want to see them landing. (Date / Hour)

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

JOVAN wrote: Even Albania and Kalilingrad have more national pride.
Kalilingrad is not a country my friend, so no national pride there... :twisted:

Greetings,
Cartman (ordering a life for JOVAN, with compliments from BRU)
I'm in love with my lust, burning angelwings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight...
www.myrre.be

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

blackbox wrote:
TWA wrote:
I agree. If you think about it, it's really unbelievable. Belgium is one of the wealthiest countries on earth with on its territory the 'capital' of EU, NATO and numerous international organisations. We have exellent social system, standard of living, health care, road network, seaports, high speed rail network (Brussels is the number one European high speed rail hub with Thalys, Eurostar, ICE and TGV trains), etc...

But in aviation we are.... nothing.

We have a 'national carrier' with a pathetic number of 3 (soon 4!! wow!) long haul airplanes, that fly only to... Arfica. The favorite holiday and business destination for Belgians...! :roll: I believe 'pathetic' is even an understatement.

But don't get me wrong, Jet Airways is ofcourse very welcome! If a Belgian company won't do it, it's natural a foreign company will fill the gap)
This is what I mean. What an underdog-mentality and what a pity we have no managers who can take this airport and this airline to the level that a country as Belgium should have.

Take Finland, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland,Ireland... not to mention Netherlands, Malaysia,. Pride and progress.

Thats what we lack in Belgium.

Dear Teach and YY2727, yes I have bad feelings about the absence of ambition in our Airline business. There is a combination of depression and self-satisfaction which is not a good sign indeed.

Fortunately we have a lot of strong private companies that keep the Belgium industrial level high and guarantee . I happen to work for one of them and travel the World since 27 years.

And I see we are running behind.

A Forum is a place where you can express your ideas and feelings.I respect your ideas but when I do not agree, I write it.

I would be very happy with a strong Airline- Industry in Belgium, but I do not see one; despite all the advantages we have here. (location, know- how, available people, tourist attractions, business, headquarters...)

If you are happy with a "dode mus", its your right!!
Truth hurts ??....

Regards

BATAVIA

Post by BATAVIA »

Hey BRUBIAC

The DO being Belgian for Jet Airways sounds a bit strange for a big Indian Carrier, now opening a hub in BRU....
Maybe they will appoint someone for the hub-operations in BRU, but being a Belgian sounds a bit wishfull thinking