Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by airazurxtror »

Airbus330lover wrote: I can easy give you a lot
Please do.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Please STOP this SN - FR battle!!!!!!!!

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I would if the SN fan boys would stop invading these threads with pointless and untrue claims and comments ... Untill then, no way josé

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

I would if the SN fan boys would stop invading these threads with pointless and untrue claims and comments ... Untill then, no way josé
It's always the fault of the SN fan boys Mr Sean. Not to mention all those FR addicts with their personal attacks on SN. :roll:
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

SN539

Post by SN539 »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Please STOP this SN - FR battle!!!!!!!!
I agree, this become really boring. This forum could be very convivial and interesting but a very few members are really polluting the place. I think it's enough, "schhooltijd is voorbij" ...

Btw, I'm totally neutral between FR and SN but it is an evidence that SN is systematically denigrated by a few (fustrated ?) people.

Fullstop .

b-west

Post by b-west »

sean1982 wrote: How long was it ago that SN dumped a group of africans in a basement in BRU for 2 days? 6 weeks?
They weren't really dumped, regardless what the media says. And they were United pax who missed their connection on SN due to late arrival of the UA aircraft. They were waiting to get visas issued before being brought to their hotel. Both the visas and the hotel was ofcourse payed for by United, while they were working on the rebooking... Things probably have changed since I last flew with Ryanair, but I remember being abandoned in Carcassonne and having to make my way back to the city on my own and look for accomodation myself. Still, if they provide accomodation now for passengers, all the better.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

woutertheboy wrote:
It's always the fault of the SN fan boys Mr Sean. Not to mention all those FR addicts with their personal attacks on SN. :roll:
I'm far from frustrated thank you very much :D it's just that FR is always the targetted one. I personally have nothing against SN ... It's just that every time inquirer, passenger, etc.. come up with anti-FR, it's very easy to find something equal from SN. My point is, there is really not that much difference between the two when it comes to european tickets. I would very much like this commotion to stop, but only when all these misconceptions and untrue facts that circulate here are dropped.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sean1982 wrote: I'm far from frustrated thank you very much :D it's just that FR is always the targetted one. I personally have nothing against SN ... It's just that every time inquirer, passenger, etc.. come up with anti-FR, it's very easy to find something equal from SN. My point is, there is really not that much difference between the two when it comes to european tickets. I would very much like this commotion to stop, but only when all these misconceptions and untrue facts that circulate here are dropped.
I can find numerous posts of you were you started an unneeded SN-FR comparison followed by personal attacks, where others were discussing other airlines such as in this case Vueling vs Ryanair. But besides that, even if you wouldn't do that, is it really necessary to react on each anti-FR statement with an anti-SN statement (and the same goes the other way around btw, I might not be the biggest FR fan, but certain anti-FR posts on this forum were not needed at all)? Isn't it much more valuable at a forum to react with a pro-FR statement instead of an anti-"other airline" thing. For me that's the difference between a cheap b*tch fight instead of a normal and valuable discussion.

And now back on topic please (and please no SN vs FR anymore, because that results in nothing but b*llsh*t)

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I personally think that FR versus SN is a great debate.

When luchtzak.be is convivial and everybody agrees, the only thing you find on the homepage is threads for spotters. Aka BRU XX/XX/2014, ANR XX/XX/2014, OST XX/XX/2014.
At least like this we have something to talk about. The way that it's debated is not always ideal because some die hard fans will get a lot of overreacted emotions flowing, and not only in the SN camp.

I'm sad that I get constant emotional responses to my analysis of SN as a dying business model, which I do in the intention to help SN (because I'm pretty sure I can't influence the general public opinion by posting on luchtzak.be and luchtzak is also taboo within the airlines), while I often praise FR for their positive initiatives for the general consumer.

But it also reminds me that despite all the nostalgia about ways of travel in earlier decades, we are fortunate to live in a golden age where with the necessary compromises, we can take a safe 2 hour flight for the cost of a local train ride.

I don't know if this will still be like this in the future, so I guess that when I praise FR, it's because I hope that things stay this way or better even, that this becomes the new normal for the entire industry, so that normal people won't need to go back to forking out a huge chunk of their earnings to pay for basic transportation.

I've had my share of miserable travel experiences with long car/bus/trains journeys to my Southern holiday destinations because I couldn't afford the expensive 13.000 BEF return tickets with Sabena or Alitalia or other at my local travel agency.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I hear your call for a truce ... But its going to have to come from both sides

The only reason why I reacted on the vueling topic is because of passengers comment that ryanair would charge "unpleasant surcharges" which is indeed as you call it romax b*llsh*t.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Ryanair in 2014 : back on topic:

Just a few days ago, the Dutch business travel newssite Zakenreisnieuws.nl had an interview with Diederik Banken, Vice President Commercial at BCD Travel (Netherlands), one of the leading business travel agencies. Subject: Ryanair’s new policy towards business travel.

Diederik Banken: "The service improvements that Ryanair has announced are poor and do not convince business travelers at all. Ryanair has a bad image about services, like the high surcharges for luggage and the high penalties for those who have forgotten to print their boarding pass. Flight schedules mostly are not convenient for business travel. Nothing wrong with secundary airports, as long as flights go on. But what if a flight is cancelled? And what if your business meeting isn’t finished when you have to go to the airport? That’s quite common for business travelers! You then are limited with Ryanair: no other flights, no alternative airlines”.

“Not even half percent of BCD clients use Ryanair. Ryanair doens’t want to do business with the travel trade and their flights are not in GDS systems. To do a booking is a nightmare for our staff - example it’s impossible to get in touch with them”.

“EasyJet, on the other hand, is an example of a budget airline that did good improvements towards the business traveler. Good schedules, flexible tickets, available through GDS and the travel trade is seen as a business partner”.

Conclusion from one of the top executives at BCD Travel: “if Ryanair wants more business travelers, it will have to do far more then what they’ve announced as improvements”.

Full article (free of charge, but in Dutch only):
http://zakenreisnieuws.nl/nl-NL/artikel ... itiatieven

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I read that interview and it's no surprise that a travel agency in charge of business travel wouldn't be interested to work with FR, nor praise their business model. After all, travel agents make their money as the middle man, but with Ryanair, they become an unnecessary luxury.

I think that FR's business model is less appealing to large corporations who would prefer to be billed for the services they use, but it's not less appealing to all business travelers. You see plenty of people travelling for business on FR as well, so it's not correct to generalize that all business travelers see FR as an inconvenience.
I'm one of them who see FR as a convenience.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

If only 0,5% of BCD travel are flying FR then they are running way behind as 22% of FR's 81million passengers are corporate travellers at this moment .... But that is the number they are trying to grow.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Allocated seats rolled out from tomorrow ... also some questions about cabin baggage answered.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Delightful and so very Ryanair, I love it !
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Flanker2 wrote:I read that interview and it's no surprise that a travel agency in charge of business travel wouldn't be interested to work with FR, nor praise their business model. After all, travel agents make their money as the middle man, but with Ryanair, they become an unnecessary luxury.

I think that FR's business model is less appealing to large corporations who would prefer to be billed for the services they use, but it's not less appealing to all business travelers. You see plenty of people travelling for business on FR as well, so it's not correct to generalize that all business travelers see FR as an inconvenience. I'm one of them who see FR as a convenience.
Quote again: “travel agents make their money as the middle man”. Your Africa theory for Brussels Airlines was based upon Wikipedia - remember your world famous Kinshasa N’Dolo airport blooper – and here once again you are wrongly informed. I mean, you were unable to find the relevant facts on Wiki.

Travel agents are not middle men, working on commission. Travel agents book flights at published fares and then charge a handling fee. Only a handful of airlines (worldwide) still offer commission.

So travel agents are not “an unnecessary luxury for Ryanair bookings by corporate travel” like you say, at the contrary even: companies save money, because paying this handling fee to a travel agent works out cheaper than paying their own staff time to look for the best schedule, to compare all fares, to book it, to pay it, to arrange refund when they cancel,...

Read the article (or read it again): BCD Travel clearly states that they book EasyJet quite often. But just like Ryanair, that is also a low cost carrier! So why hates Ryanair bookings by travel agents? Simply: because travel agents then also will do the hotel bookings and the car rental. And they will book it through their own system, and not on Ryanair.com. So Ryanair doens't get this ancillary revenue it needs - surely for tickets sold at 1,99 Euro. For EasyJet, ancillary revenue is a bit less important because they don’t sell tickets at zero margin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancillary_revenue

cnc

Post by cnc »

airazurxtror wrote:Delightful and so very Ryanair, I love it !
i think you have some weird fetish issue and even though its not contagious it might point out to neurological disorders

epsilon

Post by epsilon »

http://www.traveldailymedia.com/202507/ ... -with-gds/
Ryanair has confirmed to technology website Tnooz it is in talks with Travelport, Amadeus and Sabre to distribute its fares through travel agencies.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

epsilon wrote:http://www.traveldailymedia.com/202507/ ... -with-gds/
Ryanair has confirmed to technology website Tnooz it is in talks with Travelport, Amadeus and Sabre to distribute its fares through travel agencies.
Indeed. That's the information for the shareholders. But they are discussing the weather on those meetings, and not the fee per segment. Because not that long ago -in September 2013- O'Leary said this:

... We work with travel agents at the moment - 12% to 15% of sale are made by travel agents - we are not actively working against them.

... We have licensed quite a number of price comparison websites who make it easier for travel agents to service their customers but what we won’t do is come back to the GDS system.

... We are not going back on GDSs and pay ludicrous amounts to Amadeus, Worldspan or Sabre who add nothing to the process. It used to cost us 20% of revenues for a service 80% of passengers are happy to do themselves online.

http://www.travolution.com/articles/201 ... apers.html

(the 12 to 15 % bookings through travel agents to which O'Leary is referring to, are bookings made by travel agents through the normal booking tool for individuals on Ryanair's website)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Where you there at those recent meetings? No? So how the hell do you know?
Have you got nothing else to do then looking up news articles that are seriously outdated so you can make your imaginary stories fit? :roll: