A whole different "plane"

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

MD-11

A whole different "plane"

Post by MD-11 »

OK, it's not commercial but it also flies and perhaps there are also helicopter lovers on this site
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

sn26567

Re: A whole different "plane"

Post by sn26567 »

MD-11 wrote:perhaps there are also helicopter lovers on this site
There are! I had my first helicopter flight on Sabena's Sikorsky S58 around 1962: very nice experience.

And later a flight as "co-pilot" of an Belgian Army Alouette II in France, with a pilot who thought he was playing for Francis Ford Coppola in Apocalypse Now: Wow! Great!

Nice painting of a Sea King, MD-11 !
André
ex Sabena #26567

744rules

Post by 744rules »

When I was on military duty in Germany, there was an helicopter base nearby. When I saw them doing a few stunts (such as nosedive), I was very impressed.
As Mr Sykorsky said : the helicopter is not a replacement of the a/c, just a machine to do the tasks an a/c cannot.

Glider

Post by Glider »

Yes, I live them too, certainly our Sea King Mk.48's. I did fly with one of them (RS04) when I was with the Belgian Air Cadets. Those pilots are real cowboys, it was such a fantastic flight!!!

Nice drawing (as usual ;-))