767 for TUB

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

earthman

Post by earthman »

I wouldn't give OO-TUC any significant ETOPS clearance for now...

rwy25r

Post by rwy25r »

Don't worry about that. The DGAT will stick to it's usual 60MIN for 6 months before giving 90MIN. A very heavy burden for any airline indeed, and unheard of outside Belgium.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Actually, after reading all the posts of this topic, I am really starting to be worried about the nature of the problems with the plane.
I flew it myself on the Brussels Varadero (February 11) and Varadero-Cancun-Brussels-route (February 18-19), and was quite happy to be on the first flights of this plane. But after reading all the posts, I'm starting to feel I was lucky to be back at home, without too much delays or problems.
Could anyone give more detailed info about what is wrong with the plane, based on reliable sources?
Actually, I think TUI will need to give info, or prove that the plane is actually worth flying, if not, I am afraid a lot of passengers (or TUi-clients) will not be booking holidays with that company, based on the info they could get right now in the press.
I know a majority does not realise what plane they are flying on, but the info that was spread in the press the last days could be a negative publicity for the company...

WoodPecker

Post by WoodPecker »

Hi guys,
here's a picture of OO-TUC landing on feb 13th, the day it had to make 1 go-around (well, I have heard one, dunno if it made another one earlier).
The pilot told the controller that they had "serious flight controls" problems and asked for a go-around. The controller called back later to check if everything was ok and the pilot answered that they had an emergency. When they got back again on final approach, the controller allowed them to fly straight ahead in case of a new go-around. Fortunately, they landed safely. Very impressive landing because the runway was flooded.

http://myaviation.net/search/photo_sear ... d=00292988

Just my 2 cents.

smurf2000

Post by smurf2000 »

Hi fellow luchtzak-members,

A few days ago I read this post;
Duke wrote:Hi all,
I just got back today (February 19) from Varadero (via Cancun), on TUB 8552 (arrival at 8.25 am this morning).
The flight to Varadero was on February 11 , and was the fist commercial flight of OO-TUC. We did not notice anything special during the flight (except for the fact that there is no airshow, and that the flight took 12 hours, which is more than 2 hours longer than previous flights I took to Cuba or the Dominican Republic). The crew did not give much explanations about the length of the flight, and when I insisted, the ETOPS-clearance was mentioned, which made a routing over Northern Canada and the USA necessary, instead of a shorter direct flight over the Atlantic.
We got off in Varadero, and did not notice anything special. I did not see the plane take off to Cancan (one you are landside in the airport, there are few windows to see the planes), but I heard the boarding calls in Varadero for the flight to Cancun, so I suppose it actually went on.
I noticed 4 or 5 people on the flightdeck, and the "reinforced crew" was mentioned because of the length of the flight.
As it was the very first flight, the director of flight operations also joined the crew. The crew was supposed to fly back last tuesday, but they stayed the whole week, and flew back on the TUB 8552 last night (Friday February 18).
This seemed to me a quite normal flight, we went Varadero - Cancun - Brussels, and I noticed nothing special, except that the stopover in Cancun took 2 hours, where it's normally scheduled to be only 1 hour. No real explanation for this "delay" was given by the captain, who for the rest gave us a lot of interesting info about the places we could see during the flight.

So, my conclusion : OO-TUC is certainly not a new plane (visible inside); no airshow is extremely disappointing, but the service (we flew in Comfort Class however) is excellent.
And those 2:
afrikair wrote:
Hi
Does it means that now the OO-TUC is permanently on caribeean routes?

correct even if I heard it might fligh once a week to Egypt or TFS, LPA or in the area.

But today I found this line in the spottersdatabase here on Luchtzak.be:

20/02/2005 PH-AHY B767-383(ER) BelgiumExel for TUI Airlines Belgium

So is there someone here please who can tell me if OO-TUC is definetly and certainly on the Carribean routes for Tui Brussels Airlines?

Thanks in advance!

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

TUI Holland has done a cash investment (some say 3 to 4 mio euro, others say 7 mio euro) in HollandExel, so it's normal that TUI Belgium uses HollandExel planes if they're short in long hauls.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Another delay today:

Technical, Murphy's Law or just bad luck?

28/02 TUB8615 Montego Bay via Punta Cana 763

scheduled 06:05
delayed 12:00

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Now at 10:52 the flight is delayed until 14:00 :!:

Poor passengers :roll:

Airbuske

jurbieske

Post by jurbieske »

I see it's already delayed until 17:00 !
What's happening?
Anybody with Jetair's/TUI comments?

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

And I see it's already delayed until 17:30 !!!!

afrikair

Post by afrikair »

LX-LGX wrote:TUI Holland has done a cash investment (some say 3 to 4 mio euro, others say 7 mio euro) in HollandExel, so it's normal that TUI Belgium uses HollandExel planes if they're short in long hauls.
The 767 PH-AHX and MCV flew for Corsair (TUI family) yesterday, 2 ORY/Punta Cana flights

Duke

Post by Duke »

OO-TUC arrived yesterday from Punta Cana and Puerto Plata (with a 2-hours delay but probably due to the limited ETOPS-clearance), so it should have been in Brussels today.
A technical problem again?
I read somewhere in this topic that somebody knows more, but that he could not give more details. What does TUI Airlines Belgium want to hide?

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

I have just seen the stranded pax on TV @ RTL tonight... What a pitty.

People invest money for beatifull hoildays and they end up waiting and waiting and waiting in the departure hall... :evil:

Anyway, TUI has had a nice free of charge publicity. :? :?

Poor Belgian charter world.... :roll: :roll:

Boeing767copilot

TUB-flight is cancelled till tuesday, as far TUI will find another aircraft.
Poor passengers(!) What's happening with 00-or ???? Meanwhile, I heard that some TUB-cockpit- and cabincrew don't want to fly anymore with this plane. Is this correct?

Avro

Post by Avro »

That wouldn't surprise me at all Boeing767copilot. This plane has spend more days on the ground so far than in the air I think.....

Chris

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

That is correct.

They had already many problems with their 767 lately.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Still nobody seems to be able to say what these problems might be.
Can anyone who will be on this plane in the coming days (weeks) feel at ease while this plane is cruising at 35.000 feet above the Atlantic?

Boeing767copilot

Last week, somebody told me that OO-TUC maked a roll-over (spin) during the the transatlantic flight, coming over from Varig-Brasil to Brussels, last christmas. The aircraft was damaged, the crew decided to make an emergency stop in Lisbon.

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

I would advise a Life Insurance prior to boarding ;)

Sad story about the 767.

Boeing737man

Post by Boeing737man »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Last week, somebody told me that OO-TUC maked a roll-over (spin) during the the transatlantic flight, coming over from Varig-Brasil to Brussels, last christmas. The aircraft was damaged, the crew decided to make an emergency stop in Lisbon.
It's thrut but it was the ferry fligt to bring the TUC to brussels before Sabena Technics works on the ship for months