Bush to Brussels on 21-22 Feb: Disruptions at the airport?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

CFB

Post by CFB »

I took some pics of the AF1 this morning at level 4 in the OT.
Will post them this evening.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

What about his departure? I'm coming back from ORD on the 23th, around 0830am, just around the same time he will leave BRU. What to expect? Delays, higher security checks?

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Well Bram , i hope you had a nice trip , when you read this.

I think it will be both. Well if i can go wednesday , i might see you arriving by than. ;)

REALLY HOPE SO.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Do I understand rightly that it also meant the complete disruption of operations at Grimbergen (EBGB)?
I don't think so, but you do have to file a flightplan (even for local training).

And 30nm doesn't seem that much, but if you're flying around Belgium with Brussels right in the middle you have very limited freedom! (For example, no flights from Antwerp, no VFR flights from east to west, not even north to south without flightplan). Last time this caused some trouble for VFR pilots especially from uncontrolled airfields like Spa, Namur, Zwartberg etc. who hadn't heard of this rule and were sent back by Brussels INFO.

Aldgate

Post by Aldgate »

FYI,

EBGB is closed till the 23rd, 1000LT. A notam prohibits all VFR flights within the lateral limits of EBBR CTR (including the EBGB traffic zone) from GND till FL100.

All flights passing through the 30NM circle around the EBBR aerodrome reference point need a flightplan, transponder and clearance from ATC. (and also continuous 2-way communication with ATC) (=class C airspace)

luchtmachterke

Post by luchtmachterke »

Bruspotter wrote: 2x VC-25????? (both AF1's???)
Actually "Air Force One" is a callsign, not a plane. It's the callsign given to whatever USAF aircraft the President is on. Suppose that he's brought to his 747 with a USN helicopter, the helo's callsign will be "Navy One". Same goes for the Army or the Marine Corps or whatever.
Aldgate wrote: All flights passing through the 30NM circle around the EBBR aerodrome reference point need a flightplan, transponder and clearance from ATC. (and also continuous 2-way communication with ATC) (=class C airspace)
Applicable for civilian (GAT) flights only by the way. There are no flying restrictions for us at Beauvechain and we're only at 14NM from EBBR...

Aldgate

Post by Aldgate »

Applicable for civilian (GAT) flights only by the way. There are no flying restrictions for us at Beauvechain and we're only at 14NM from EBBR...

So the classification of the EBBE airspace did not change?
The way the notam reads it seems like all airspace within the 30NM circle became class C. (but why class C, only difference with class B that I can see is VFR not being separated from VFR...)

I'll have to check tomorrow if EBBR TMA has become class C or is still class B...

luchtmachterke

Post by luchtmachterke »

EBBE TMA still class B (exept TMA4 but has nothing to do with the notam) and EBBE CTR class D. I don't see why they would change class B airspace into class C, but I think they mean that all uncontrolled airspace (class G) inside the 30NM radius becomes C. That would explain why a flightplan is needed now to cross that zone.

Greg

Mercator

Post by Mercator »

Strange, we at EBCI we considered that part of our TMA has become class C!
Anyway tomorrow it's over!
(see you soon on the phone for TMA5 :wink: )

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

CFB wrote:I took some pics of the AF1 this morning at level 4 in the OT.
Evening yet :twisted: We are waiting :roll:
Aum Sweet Aum.

McSteve

Post by McSteve »

here's a picture of the airforce one @ Zaventem
picture

CFB

Post by CFB »

Advisor wrote:
CFB wrote:I took some pics of the AF1 this morning at level 4 in the OT.
Evening yet :twisted: We are waiting :roll:
viewtopic.php?p=76316#p76316