Bush coming to Belgium in February 2005

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

waldova

Post by waldova »

The bad weahter gave you the upportunity to make a nice photo!!

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

And this my picture after the arrival Sundayevening:
http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayim ... ?pos=-4274

Note:This place is not a public place

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Brubiac. From where is the picture taken if i may ask. It the most fabulous of all in my opinion , very clear and close. Not that the others where bad , not at all , just , this is the best.
If it's not a public place , than where it is? From out the 'control tower' or from on the tarmac during duty???

Or aren't we aloud to know that (did you do something special that we oughtn't to know, to take that picture) :lol: :D

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's a marvelous picture Brubiac

ILS25L

Post by ILS25L »

Brubiac,
Lucky b...
This is in my opinion the best picture I saw from AF1 till now.
Great work !
Karl

SAH9101

Post by SAH9101 »

Excellent shot Brubiac! Could not expect less from you. Nice shot from your terrace :wink:

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello guys

I'm very pleased to say THERE is a chance I can come too.

So it's for me and by the way for all the spotters to know where we can expect him to see. I read this from apuneger
About the departure this Wednesday: don't forget that AF1 is parked neither at Abelag nor at the AML, but at apron 3. From there, the quickest way to get out of EBBR is RWY 02/20 or 07R/25L.

Since they expect northeasterly winds on Wednesday, a 02 departure seems quite obvious, with a 07R departure on a second place.

So if I had a choice I would better stand at RWY 02 spot or along 25L???

It would be good if it was so , because it's closer to the railwaystation of Kortenberg and Nossegem.

Anyway thanks in advance for any kind of info;

Special thanks to Ivan who kept me updated from AF1 arrival , and also 'airbusfan' who kept Ivan updated. Thanks guys!!! ;) :D

Best regards: Yannick :D

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

SAH9101 wrote:Excellent shot Brubiac! Could not expect less from you. Nice shot from your terrace :wink:
Damn I'm caught :wink:

It's taken from the old towerbuilding indeed.

No I didn't do anything special to take the shot. Just waited long enough until all the security was gone and than I had time enough to prepare everything that was needed to take the shot. :arrow: for the picture I mean

Thanks for all the good comments. First nightshot with my 300D and IMO a good one :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for all the good comments. First nightshot with my 300D and IMO a good one
It's an amazing shot. Could you tell us which settings you used ? I suppose you also used a tripod ?
Bruspotter wrote: Special thanks to Ivan who kept me updated from AF1 arrival , and also 'airbusfan' who kept Ivan updated. Thanks guys!!! ;) :D
And also a big thanks to my grandma who kept airbusfan updated :frantic: :mrgreen:

Chris

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Avro,

Settings:
Diafragma 9.0
ISO 100
-1 compensation, otherwise it was to bright
4" shutterspeed

Infact I didn't use a real tripod. I putted my camera on the "reling/rambarde" ( don't know how it is in English) of the terrace. Put my timer on and didn't touched my camera anymore.

moons

Post by moons »

I heard on the news that Bush brought his own air traffic controllers...
Why the hell is that good for?!
Are the belgian traffic controllers not good enough?!!

Okay, it's concerning security reasons but this is a bit too ridiculous in my opinion.

arthurv

Post by arthurv »

moons wrote:I heard on the news that Bush brought his own air traffic controllers...
If he did, they surely weren't talking on the radio; I heared the regular ones. The ATC he brought over were maybe standing besides the regular controllers, assisting them how to reply to curious or angry pilots asking questions, when to start vectoring the other planes on holding patterns, when to release the airport again, etc... IMHO.

1V1

Post by 1V1 »

Picture made on monday morning of the Airforce One in Bru:
gohttp://airborne-jc.skynetblogs.be/

William

Re: AF 1 parking position

Post by William »

luchtzak wrote:
William wrote:If i'm correct, didn't checked it though ... it's parked at Abelag ... maybe you can photograph it just like someone above already did from inside the terminal also ...
William,

that info is not correct, Air Force One is parked at terminal C!
chillout man ... everyone can make a mistake ... I just tried to help the man !
I all of us would be so picky picky on incorrect info you could close this topic right away ...

AirforceNiels

Post by AirforceNiels »

Where will you guys go spot the AF1 tomorrow morning ?
I think I'll visit the sandhills.

Sterre

Post by Sterre »

Me too. Although I 've never been to the Sandhills before. I usually go to 25L, at the road in Steenokkerzeel. Can you tell me how to get there ? Is it, coming from Steenokkerzeel centrum, passing under the tunnel and then somewhere to the right?

Thx.

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Sterre wrote:Me too. Although I 've never been to the Sandhills before. I usually go to 25L, at the road in Steenokkerzeel. Can you tell me how to get there ? Is it, coming from Steenokkerzeel centrum, passing under the tunnel and then somewhere to the right?

Thx.
Yup, that's it... You will see a football club on your right, park your car there and continue on foot...

Sterre

Post by Sterre »

Ok, thanks !
See you guys there tomorrow morning! What time will you be there?

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

SAH9101 wrote:Excellent shot Brubiac! Could not expect less from you. Nice shot from your terrace :wink:
Welcome Home Sven :wink:

Brubiac wrote: Thanks for all the good comments. First nightshot with my 300D and IMO a good one :wink:
IMO a very good one :thumbsup:

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

1V1 , Nice day-shot. (the first if I didn't missed one...)!!!!

And it seems everyone will go to the sandhill . I guess I just going to wait and see what's going to happen..because I know a place along 02 , where you can spot him real close if he takes the end of RWY02.

So I hope for that , else I have to run like hell trough the forest ! When I arrive , I will have exactely 1:50h to train and prepare myself to that. :D:D:D and maybe even time that. :D

So i really hope the trip doesn't get cancelled again and maybe i see some of you guys than. Another thing (not that I doubt about it ) but , take some real good take-off-action shots if possible. Because i wont be able to do that because I have no cam (not yet). ;)

Hope we can all spot him good; Yannick ;)

PS: to the luchtzak staff: I don't know what's going on with the spellcheck but i can't get him opened ...very weird...or does it is because of my computer??? I don't know what to think or do...hope i didn't made too much faults. :oops: