Happy New Year! Im New Here!

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Alpha-Charlie

Happy New Year! Im New Here!

Post by Alpha-Charlie »

Hi all,
Just wanted to say "Hello" this looks like a fab site! Looking forward to Sunmmer and the "Airshow Season"
Im a 36 year old Female who resides in UK! and is nuts about all things that fly! Both Old and New!
Look forward to catching up with you all soon,

A340-600

Post by A340-600 »

Welcome to Luchtzak Alpha-Charlie. Enjoy the site!

Happy newyear

Greetz

Steven

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hello Alpha-Charlie,

happy New Year and welcome on www.luchtzak.be :!:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Hello and welcome to Luchtzak, Alpha-Charlie.

Now Comet has a colleague! :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Welcome Alpha-Charlie, from one UK girl to another. Let us know which airshows you visit, I haven't been to one since 1983. I would love to see some photos from some of the UK shows.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Welcome

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Welcome to Luchtzak Alpha-Charlie. :lol: :lol:
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

Alpha-Charlie

Post by Alpha-Charlie »

Hi again, Thanks to all for the welcome!
Comet, I cant wait for Summer, last year I managed to do Farnborough, Fairford, Kemble
Duxford, to name but a few...
I cant wait to see the Vulcan back where she belongs (a particular favourite of mine)
But am also hoping to go along and see the A380 maiden flight (March) that should be a sight to see!. Thanks again for the warm welcome much appreciated.

Jenny

Rago

Post by Rago »

Welcome Alpha-Charlie. Have a nice flight on Luchtzak!!

Btw : what's the actual status of the V?

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Alpha-Charlie

Post by Alpha-Charlie »

Hi Rago,
The Vulcan XH558 is due for a test flight late this year, the campaign is now trying to bridge the gap needing i think (please dont quote me)
somewhere in the region of £575,000 after a Heritage grant was awarded to them. (Rightly so!) They are nearly there!!!
I take my hat off to these "Guys and Gals" and
I am hoping to see her on my travels this year possibly at Fairford?? (I do hope so) she truly is a "Beautiful Wonderful Old Bird"!

Rago

Post by Rago »

If she's flying I'll be making the trip over the water !!! :thumbsup:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

Welcome, Alpha-Charlie, it is good to another UK girl on here, I'm not sure how many there are from the UK, I know of two(Comet & VC10). Perhaps someone could let us know :Comet/luchtzak?
You will be able to post your observation/pictures on this site for us who don't get a chance to see many airshows. Do you know any sites where you can get the up-coming airshow dates & times from? If you don't I'm sure someone will be able to fill you in on the sites that are available for that.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Birds of a feather, flock together.

Welcome to Luchtzak, Alpha-Charlie.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Alpha-Charlie

Post by Alpha-Charlie »

Hi again Guys and Girls!
Will try and upload some pictures for you all in a appropriate place(Directions please)
Taken at Farnborough and Fairford last year, some stunning pics of Stealths, Typhoon, and lots more,
Bear with me though cos have never atempted this before, will need to go and get some coffee first...

Jenny

Comet

Post by Comet »

I'd love to go to Farnborough, or Paris. One aircraft I would love to see is the An225. The last airshow I went to was Finningley, we used to go every year, and I saw all the V Bombers (the Valiant is my favourite of those). My "local" airshow is Elvington, but I cannot go because there are no buses to the airfield and we do not have a car.

And I would love to visit the Duxford museum because it is nice to see one which preserves airliners as well as militaries. Cosford and Hendon are good ones.
Louise

Alpha-Charlie

Post by Alpha-Charlie »

Hi Comet,
Yes Farnborough is a Fantastic airshow, you are so close to the airside displays, It was the first time last year that I managed to get there.
I spent the greater proportion of the day drooling over the Typhoon, both on the ground and in the air!
Yes Airshows are a fantastic way to spend the day.. My local airshow is Kemble/ Fairford I hope to drag the other half for a full 3 days this year.. Lovely! :lol:

Comet

Post by Comet »

Alpha-Charlie - I used to love watching the Farnborough air show when it was shown on the BBC, the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird was a favourite of mine then.

I like making videos of aircraft, as well as taking photos, and that is another reason I would love to visit an airshow. I have no militaries at all in my collection (apart from statics) and would love to film some displays.

From what I hear, RAF Waddington put on a good show, with Sentry aircraft, Nimrods and the Russian Flanker display teams (may be the Knights but I am not sure of the name :oops: )

I have a great video about Farnborough, and for anyone interested in vintage British aircraft it's a delight. It shows highlights from the 1950s and 1960s.

Enjoy your airshows in 2005 all those of you who will be attending them :mrgreen:
Louise

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

Hi Alpha-Charlie!!!:D :D !!!

Happy New Year!!!, welcome, and enjoy yourself here!!!

;)

TkPol

Post by TkPol »

Hi Alpha-Charlie,

Welcome !