SN Brussels codesharing again with LOT Polish Airlines?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-VEX

SN Brussels codesharing again with LOT Polish Airlines?

Post by OO-VEX »

Hi,

when i was checking the Brussels Airport timetable i discovered that SN and LOT are codesharing again from the winterseason :!:

When i checked the SNBA site, only their own flights were shown in their timetable, but when you go to the booking page and ask the price for a flight in November e.g. they you will get 5 daily flights available, of with are 2 operated by SN (as the flightnumber is SN2553-2555) and 3 flights were the flightnumber starts with 5xxx (which is used to be for codeshare flights).

Another surprising fact is that SN and LOT were codesharing in the past.
This is a quote from an SN press release dated 26 February 04.
As of March 28 the code share arrangement with LOT on the Warsaw route will discontinue and SN will fly twice daily with own aircraft.
So after a summerseason where both airlines were operating on their own on this route, they've decided to codeshare again.

OO-VEX

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi OO-VEX,

Yes indeed, I took a printed timetable and there it is explicitly mentioned. I guess that they came to the conclusion that they can offer together more than separately (they probably have a strong competition from LCC in Charleroi) ...

Danny

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Am I right in saying this winter Air Polonia up frequency to Warsaw to 6 or 7 a week and Wizz Air start the Charleroi - Warsaw route

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Both, WIZZair (8 am) and Air Polonia 8.25 am) have actually daily flights from CRL to Warshau. But how long?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

On the LO/SN codeshare, see https://www.aviation24.be/article6305.html

LO withdrew from the codesharing agreement after joining the Star alliance and the Miles & More FF programme. Probably under the influence of LH who cannot accept that SN is taking its customers away...

But LO must have realised that they have more to gain than to lose from a codesharing agreement.
André
ex Sabena #26567

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Home > The company > Press room > Press Release Detail
Press Release Detail
SN Brussels Airlines and LOT renew their partnership: 5 daily flights between European Capital and Warsaw

Thursday, November 04, 2004

SN Brussels Airlines and LOT Polish Airlines renew their codeshare partnership. As of this winter season, both airlines join forces on the Brussels – Warsaw route. Five daily flights are offered between the European Capital and the capital of the new EU Member state Poland.

Passenger traffic between Poland and Brussels has increased considerably since the Central European Country joined the European Union earlier this year. Thanks to a new partnership on the important Brussels - Warsaw route, SN Brussels Airlines and LOT Polish Airlines offer this winter season 5 daily frequencies on the route. Thanks to the schedule both SN and LOT offer easy onwards connections for all passengers who want to travel on their respective dense networks ex Brussels and ex Warsaw.

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en/comp ... cm:31-5616