12th September Spotting Meet @ BRU

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Airbus_fan wrote:I think not much of you guys are comming, but I hope at least some of you will come :? Always nice to have a chat when it's raining (in "Den Jumbo" offcourse :D )

It depends on the weather if I'll be there or not ...

Avro

Post by Avro »

Airbus_fan wrote:Damn, I hate Belgian Weather. Now we have nothing but sun and 25°C, but sunday we don't have any sun I guess :cry:
Just skip some school and come during the week :) It's double fun, you get to skip school and to see some planes :mrgreen:

Chris
:wink:
Last edited by Avro on 10 Sep 2004, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

smash

Post by smash »

so finally, who s coming on sunday and where are you going to place.....

Comet

Post by Comet »

We will be standing on the side of the road where the runway end is, not on the side where everyone else seems to go because that is not good for video. Not as far down as that red and white fence but on that side.

Rutger - it will be the same place where we saw you last year!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

It seems you will be lucky: Sunday it will be sunny and dry. And finally, they are using the 25L and R again.

William

Post by William »

i'll be there too probably ....
i'll come with moped ...
are the most of you guys going to stand at refugee center or at the road next to the watertoren ?

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

I hope to be there around 7.30am - 8am, not at the BIS, ot the best place for pictures (but the angle rocks!)

See you there!

Rutger
Tot hier en verder

BieleAlbatrosy

Post by BieleAlbatrosy »

I'll probably be there too, either near the road between the Jumbo and the rwy end, or at the refuge center.
Probably be wearing a Slovak ice hockey t-shirt, easy to recognize :-)

William

Post by William »

nobody in the afternoon ?

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

nobody in the afternoon ?
I will be there all day
Tot hier en verder

ILS25L

Post by ILS25L »

Goodevening,
I wold love to be around the bunch of Belgian spotters but I am heading for EBOS tommorow, not for spotting but for visiting my mother who's recovering from surgery and I am visiting her.
I do hope the Luchtzak-meeting is a succes because if you realize 1 thing, this is the only official good working site of Belgian spotters we have !
Keep up the good work.
Greetz, Karl

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

I do hope the Luchtzak-meeting is a succes because if you realize 1 thing, this is the only official good working site of Belgian spotters we have !
I hope I'm not to :offtopic: but maybe we (a couple of spotters) can start our own website? Would be great!
Tot hier en verder

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

Please don't do so. I think it's good to keep it all in one single site. Otherwhise it will also mean a split up of people and information. And this in no one's advantage I think.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Lyulka wrote:Please don't do so. I think it's good to keep it all in one single site. Otherwhise it will also mean a split up of people and information. And this in no one's advantage I think.

Indeed, don't do that. I think the way it is now is the best one. I received several mails in the past to build a new community (because I have the http://www.airliners.be domain) especially for pictures taken by Belgian photographers (a "rival" for A.net), but everytime I reply with the same answer, join the club and make yourself a member of Luchtzak.be. The airliners.be is created for one reason, build a on-line photo-album with my personal aviation pics, that's it (and let it now be clear to everyone :D )

SN056M

Meeting point???

Post by SN056M »

Wich rwy is going to be the meeting point @sunday???When the weather is not too bad i'll be there

Leo

Post by Leo »

I'm very sorry I couldn't be there today. Duty calls for me this weekend.
Better luck next time I hope.

Hope you all had a great day (regarding the weather, that should be no problem).

It will rain nice pics on luchtzak this evening I think :D

Greetings

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Went to joy the spottersmeeting in the afternoon. Arrived around 13:15.
Some luchtzak-members I met: Airbus-Fan, Andries, Apuneger, Biele Albatrosy, Bottie, Bruspotter, Comet, Fuji-monster, SN690, VC-10 and William.
Sorry if I forget to mention other people but we were with many. :oops:
Weather was good except for some cold wind.
Here some pics, only of cargo planes.
Kalitta Air B747F reg N704CK
DHL B757-236SF reg OO-DPF still in old colors
SIA B747-400F reg 9V-SFF, the first SIA I saw that day :)
The second SIA 747F reg 9V-SFO :D
Now I know why they call this "heavy"planes. Burning rubber!! 8O
Cathay Pacific Cargo B747F reg B-HMF
I didn't place any pax planes because they're always the same at BRU.
But this one ( CRJ200 reg D-ACHF ) should be carrying André coming from Munich with LH1946.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Cool thanks for the pic's,
sounds like you had a great day - too bad that I couldn't come, especially because the two times I was in BRU the weather was bad :(
not so today ;-)

Jumbolino.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

I am glad all of you had a great time!! Too bad I couldn't make it! I stayed in Mechelen today, there where some festivities in the city centre. And... I didn't feel that well after a bad night sleep :(

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Here's my part of today:

Other pics and the pics above can be seen in high res on the following page: http://coppermine.airliners.be/thumbnails.php?album=25

Pics aren't that good as I hoped to be, my own fault, used the wrong setting :roll: , but they didn't turn out that bad :D ... I hope :P

It was certainly nice to meet some members in real life, now I can place come faces on the names ;)