China Eastern Airliners at BRU?

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Benjamin73

China Eastern Airliners at BRU?

Post by Benjamin73 »

Just caught on ACARS:
B-2383 20040712 1855 MU0551 (Airbus A340-313X China Eastern Airlines) (ZBAA-EBBR)

Does anybody have an ETD?

Benjamin73

Post by Benjamin73 »

nice bird today... watching the logs I also see:

9V-SVM 20040712 1155 SQ0327 (Boeing 777-212/ER Singapore Airlines) (EGCC-EBBR/VABB/WSSS)

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hi Benjamin,

Are these logs correct? Maybe it are just overflying birds with a routing over Brussels FIR. China Eastern A340's and SQ 777's @ BRU seems to be impossible (nothing was mentioned in any flightplan).

Regards, Robin Bamps.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Sorry to say, but those planes are heading for Heathrow, I asked the same question several months ago ;) It has something to do with their fuel.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Maybe EBBR is mentioned as the alternate destination in case they can't land at London Heathrow.

Benjamin73

Post by Benjamin73 »

thank you very much!

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Thanks Blackhawk for solving this case :wink: When I am spotting at BRU, I also often see exotic birds overflying BRU at high altitude like Gulf Air A340's, Virgin Atlantic A346's and Balkan Holidays TU-154's (all heading for Heathrow and Manchester).

There were times that China Eastern was sending A340's to BRU, but the connection was shutted down when Sabena ceased operations. This is my very first spotting picture (more than three years ago, made with an ordinary 105mm analog zoom camera), which shows B-2380 approaching runway 25L :

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=20179

Regards, Robin Bamps.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Robin_Bamps wrote:There were times that China Eastern was sending A340's to BRU, but the connection was shut down when Sabena ceased operations.
... and even before. The flight was continuing to Madrid, final destination. In the other direction it served both Peking (or Beijing as they say now...) and Shanghai.
Last edited by sn26567 on 13 Jul 2004, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

moons

Post by moons »

It's sad they dont fly to EBBR anymore, I saw that A340 passing my house many times...If I'm not wrong they had a flight or one of their flights which landed wednesday afternoon around 2-3h, isn't it? At that moment I had my binoculars in my hand waiting this bird and enjoying when it turned into the direction of my house. Biman DC10 was also a regular visitor at my house :wink: Nowadays I don't often see this bird anymore

website-info

Post by website-info »

Guys,

Hers's what I posted a few months ago in answer to a similar Q on MU,

Alot of Far Eastern carriers (and US when routing Eastbound) will use what is called "en-route re-clearance - dispatch" in simple terms, if a flights is fully loaded and then has head winds it might not be able to make it destination withthe fuel carried, therefore an airline will plan for one it can meet and then at a given point (whilst the aircraft is still 30000ft + in the air) the dispatch office will re-clear the flight to continue to the actual destination or divert.

In the example of MU, they take BRU as the decision point, the aircraft dispatcher would have re calculated the remaining fuel and required fuel including legal reserves, and if it has enough it continues over BRU into LHR.

Maybe if the headwinds are strong we might see a flight in the summer.....

Rgds
Tony

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

thanks Tony for the explanation! I was close though ;)