Goedkopevliegtuigtickets.be experience & questions

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
HQ_BRU_Lover

Goedkopevliegtuigtickets.be experience & questions

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Hi

Checking to book a NYC trip with my familiy in October. I came across a very interesting fare on goedkopevliegtuigtickets.be. It's a fare offered by Virgin Atlantic, flights operated by Delta (141 to JFK, 140 back) from BRU.

On Delta.com, the flight is priced around 3.300€ while on goedkopevliegtuigtickets.be it's priced at 2.100€. Same flights. Any experiences using this site because this seems to good to be true?

Thanks all!

Lux_avi

Re: Goedkopevliegtuigtickets.be experience & questions

Post by Lux_avi »

Have a look on trustpilot.

I personally always avoid booking through third party websites, it’s always a mess if there is any problem with your booking, or should you require assistance for any reason.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Indeed that was my first reaction as well but the price difference is really huge hence the question. VS codeshares on the flight operated by DL so theoretically I don't see any objections but if some other members here could give their view on the thing as well.

Checking trustpilot in the meantime, thanks for the hint!

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The website is operated by CWT (aka Carlson Wagonlit Travel for the friends). They're a licensed and insured travel agency in Brussels.
https://www.goedkopevliegtuigtickets.be/overons/

However, insurance against insolvency doens't apply for ticket only bookings via an intermediate. Reason: a confirmed ticket is a title which the airline has to honorate, once they have issued the OK / confirmed flight.

European legislation secures direct bookings with airlines. Unless they go bankrupt. And unless they refuse to reimburse, as some clients from a certain Belgian airline have found out.

Safest way: pay by credit card which makes a "chargeback request" possible.