2024 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ZavCity

Re: 2024 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by ZavCity »

We are not discussing this topic anymore but now its pure politics now.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

ZavCity wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 20:27 We are not discussing this topic anymore but now its pure politics now.
There is nothing else than politics involved in this permit issue. So yes, it makes sense I guess.

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

TLspotting wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 18:54
Lux_avi wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 11:18 https://www.aviation24.be/airports/lieg ... it-advice/
The possible cancellation would be due to juridical reasons, not because of a negative advice.
Very misleading title.
Oh the misleading articles are not new :D
Hey mister I-make-fake-bomb-alerts-at-Warsaw-Airport,

it seems like you're constantly searching for trivial reasons to argue and attack the editors of this website. You should refrain from making such comments and focus on moving forward positively and constructively.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Do you refer to the time you were writing articles here? ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

b.lufthansa wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 23:23
Lux_avi wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 11:18 https://www.aviation24.be/airports/lieg ... it-advice/
The possible cancellation would be due to juridical reasons, not because of a negative advice.
Very misleading title.
Hey mister I-make-fake-bomb-alerts-at-Warsaw-Airport,

it seems like you're constantly searching for trivial reasons to argue and attack the editors of this website. You should refrain from making such comments and focus on moving forward positively and constructively.
So first, I was 17 and I have evolved mentally since, I apologised and I know I was wrong, I totally recognised that I misinterpreted things. That's how the things were shown and told by the guards on site in July 2018. I know that in the future, I'll abstain to write such things. End of this story.

Do I have to talk on how an airline made me cry the day that I've supposedly shared a picture of their new "special livery"? They never apologised.

I worked at Aviation24.be and if you want my whole opinion at all, I'm proud to have worked at this website and I even told thanks for the opportunity to André on Saturday during the press event of Singapore Airlines. I mean we got great times and that's it.

I'm just not happy with what the website has become since I left. I'm not glad how CPK was covered (because sponsored) and how the editorial line continued to be nearly only full of press releases. Yes, I did the same too before leaving, I admit it. I've been working on my own blog (or even the other outlet I'm currently quitting) which I won't mention here and I take hours and hours and hours to try to produce quality content. This is the whole difference and there is an absence of critical mind, from my point of view. If you're thinking my current job is only "writing", you're completely false, I'm making everything on my own. It's probably my future. The careers of the editors at Av24 are done or stable. Mine is only beginning. So I'm moving forward with maybe more to come.

But I agree that I've a bit overreacted on this matter on the fact that it was misleading. It is just because I was based on Lux_avi's post and opinion.

Voilà.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

It is misleading because it's too shortcutted.

A title is the first impression of an article. In this case, those who do not know the story would first believe there is a negative advice about the permit in general. It's not the case. The Walloon Region is behind Liege Airport and supports it, only Ecolo wants to restrict it more than its "partners" in the current government. The negative advice by the Council of State is pure juridiction. Nothing else.

In the current climate against aviation in the media, I think it is important to make the difference.