Brussels Airlines in 2023

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2023

Post by luchtzak »

I don't think the cabin crew loves to take its passengers hostage. Only as a last resort ... if every other communication/discussion has failed.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

But they hired just a lot new cabin crew or gave fixed contracts to those one who had a seasonal one.
Winter is anyway a lower season in traffic.

Is not too early for such drastic action? It will be again SN who will be the black sheep of the group especially if the profit not will be made at the end of the year.

Some can think that the unions are happy of a bankruptcy of SN. Unions are still thinking like in medieval times.

Everywhere you have to work harder, more, being flexible for the same money.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Atlantis wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 19:56
Would you like to compare the working conditions between SN cabin crew and LH, KLM, AF, BA…?

When you don’t know, there are two options; inform yourself or just don’t talk (to remain polite).

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Lux_avi wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 21:09
Atlantis wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 19:56
Would you like to compare the working conditions between SN cabin crew and LH, KLM, AF, BA…?

When you don’t know, there are two options; inform yourself or just don’t talk (to remain polite).
Freedom of speech 😂. Or can it not be in the police state Belgium 😂🤣. And it's a forum. We also don't have to agree with what you are writing (also to remain polite) 😉. I wish you a calm evening

Skyman

Post by Skyman »

Atlantis

You right, you all have the right to speak. But it would be nice if you try to inform yourself before judging.

Very weird : for 20 years no strike of the SN cabin crews. And in the last 2 years already 2 strikes 🪧 maybe it’s time for the management to wake up and realise that something is completely wrong at the cabin department !
I hope the cabin crews will have much more respect

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Atlantis wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 22:05
Freedom of speech 😂. Or can it not be in the police state Belgium 😂🤣. And it's a forum. We also don't have to agree with what you are writing (also to remain polite) 😉. I wish you a calm evening
How about answering this question too?

That's where it should start before shouting "yeah everyone has to work harder...", no? :roll:

Bracebrace

Post by Bracebrace »

Atlantis wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 19:56 Everywhere you have to work harder, more, being flexible for the same money.
Just to make it clear to people what ’everywhere’ means: for the average Belgian it means a physical working place ’at home’ to commuting 1hr to a big city. For the world of aviation it means chosing between Zaventem, Charleroi, Amsterdam, Paris,... the biggest discussion is always ’why don’t you go to Dubai to make loads of money’, to which I reply... why don’t you? Add in the required flexibility means you never get to see your family again. Unless they follow you all around the world.´

And what does ’flexible’ mean? From the moment they call me, I can be gone for more than a week. I’ve seen schedule calculations where for every flown hour I worked, there was a duty time of 10 hours... because I was gone. That is the flexibility we provide already for years. Anybody I know going abroad for work like this, compare salaries and bonuses, and you will find cabin crew to be the worst paid commuters in the world (for the record, I’m a pilot)

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Bracebrace wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 13:25
Atlantis wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 19:56 Everywhere you have to work harder, more, being flexible for the same money.
Just to make it clear to people what ’everywhere’ means: for the average Belgian it means a physical working place ’at home’ to commuting 1hr to a big city. For the world of aviation it means chosing between Zaventem, Charleroi, Amsterdam, Paris,... the biggest discussion is always ’why don’t you go to Dubai to make loads of money’, to which I reply... why don’t you? Add in the required flexibility means you never get to see your family again. Unless they follow you all around the world.´

And what does ’flexible’ mean? From the moment they call me, I can be gone for more than a week. I’ve seen schedule calculations where for every flown hour I worked, there was a duty time of 10 hours... because I was gone. That is the flexibility we provide already for years. Anybody I know going abroad for work like this, compare salaries and bonuses, and you will find cabin crew to be the worst paid commuters in the world (for the record, I’m a pilot)
Unfortunately most non-flying crew see the bright side of the job and don't have a clue of the impact it has on your private/social life.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I couldn't give my opinion but what I think is that Brussels Airlines remains a very fragile company and has made very little profit in many years.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

OO-JFP

Post by OO-JFP »

Future OO-SBB A320-251N c/n 11790 currently F-WWTR has been seen at TLS in a white c/s now.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danraistr ... 312750411/

OO-SBC has been seen in full colours, currently as F-WWBP (c/n 11842).
Picture of the latter: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danraistr ... 312750411/
Pictures and info: full credit to Dan Raistrick.
(Correction of Miqvell's post on Oct 25th about OO-SBB in the Brussels Airlines fleet renewal topic (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11114936))

OO-JFP

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

AGAIN no flight to Kinshasa and Luanda tomorrow Brussels Airlines is trying.....

fcw

Post by fcw »

Atlantis wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 19:56 Unions are still thinking like in medieval times.
I nearly spat my tea out!
Unions in the Middle Ages? Seriously? Your timeline is wrong by about 500 to 1000+ years. Unless you meant SN is treating their workforce as serfs.

JOVAN2

Post by JOVAN2 »

fcw wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 17:57
Atlantis wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 19:56 Unions are still thinking like in medieval times.
Unions in the Middle Ages? Seriously? Your timeline is wrong by about 500 to 1000+ years. Unless you meant SN is treating their workforce as serfs.
Has Atlantis really made this statement ?
That is unbelievable.
We should be happy to have Unions.
Especially now in this neo-liberal times.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

fcw wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 17:57
It is, they are abusing their power to strike as much as they can. Or it is bcs the number of meal vouchers was not correct or a bonus was not paid out. Such cases happened more than once at the airport. At the end the passenger is de dupe...
More than once I had colleagues who placed themselfs on the list to be elected bcs their job was on stake. Do you call this seriously? This is called egoism.

There are many other countries where the unions are small but where the workforce is happy. Good wage, extra legal benefits, good work/life balance.

But only in France and Belgium it goes wrong bcs the unions are too strong. So yes, they stood still since many years. They didn't evolved during the years.

Each their opinion, yes??!! But is seems very sensitive.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Atlantis wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 20:17
Again, how can you have an opinion when you do not know what's going on...?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Atlantis wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 20:17 It is, they are abusing their power to strike as much as they can. Or it is bcs the number of meal vouchers was not correct or a bonus was not paid out.
Obviously you have no idea of the reason of why this strike notice has been raised... Brussels Airlines is not Air France, Skies or NMBS, historically there are not often strike at Brussels Airlines. Trust me if there is a strike notice now it's for some very good reason. One of them is the fact that the management is overuling the career plan agreement signed with the union. This is one reason amongs many other but it has been the straw that broke the camel.

You can keep your opinion but it have to be built on fact that you don't seems to be aware of.

fcw

Post by fcw »

Atlantis wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 20:17.
It’s not about opinion and sensitivity, it’s placing unions and Middle Ages in the same sentence which is upsetting.
In the Middle Ages workers were owned by their employer they were used/abused, literally kicked out, mutilated or even killed without any reason.
The first unions were founded in the early 19th century, 400ish to 1000+ years after the Middle Ages.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

crew1990 wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 09:00
Atlantis wrote: 20 Nov 2023, 20:17 It is, they are abusing their power to strike as much as they can. Or it is bcs the number of meal vouchers was not correct or a bonus was not paid out.
Obviously you have no idea of the reason of why this strike notice has been raised... Brussels Airlines is not Air France, Skies or NMBS, historically there are not often strike at Brussels Airlines. Trust me if there is a strike notice now it's for some very good reason. One of them is the fact that the management is overuling the career plan agreement signed with the union. This is one reason amongs many other but it has been the straw that broke the camel.

You can keep your opinion but it have to be built on fact that you don't seems to be aware of.
And this is fine by me. No problem

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

The SN pilots' unions also apparently want to join the strike notice for December 11.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I flew with the red devil with new seats inside but no charger why?