Brussels Airlines in 2023

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Homo Aeroportus

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2023

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Talking about top management,
How many A330 did SN have in 2013? Nine (9) if I'm not mistaken.
And TEN YEARS after in 2023? Nine (9).
SN is in charge of this recognized all important AFI market, right?

H.A.

longwings

Post by longwings »

PopUp wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 18:17 SN should stay with Airbus, but SN deserves (imho) better than always getting second-hand aircraft. Of course, it depends on the age, but anyway... New aircraft need less maintenance and use less fuel, which in turn improves the financial results.
This is more a reflection of German (note I didn't write Lufty) management style: You don't get the most efficient tools to turn in a profit until you turn in a profit...
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 15:28 BTW, IAD was again cancelled today, as it was two days ago....
One non-stop, six to eight one-stop routes to get passengers to their destination while staying within the A++ joint venture. Only JFK competes with so many alternatives on the SN longhaul network, though with no non-stop option and more passengers to rebook per flight. If a cancellation is needed, IAD is up first.

PopUp

Post by PopUp »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 15:28
PopUp wrote: 31 Aug 2023, 22:55
Homo Aeroportus wrote: 31 Aug 2023, 11:29 .......

Congrats to the Ops and Mx departments to try to make do with what they have.

H.A.
I do not want to be agressive, but very sceptical about what you wrote after the screenshot.

Imho, at least, no congrats to the Opx and Mx departments led by German COO, TR. I stand to be corrected, but given the number of real technical problems encountered by "his" aircraft, I doubt he is doing a good job "with what he has got". If what he has got, is not adequate, isn't it his job to ask CS and Co. for adequate/sufficient means bzw help to face adverse situations ? Unless he has been instructed to do "operate" otherwise...
I don't take your post as aggressive, quite to the contrary it is a pleasure to read such polite comment again on this forum.

I should have been more clear as by "Ops & Mx Departments" I meant the foot soldiers, those who are hands on trying to solve the problems time and again.
And also add those who are front line as ticketing, check-in, station and country managers.

BTW, IAD was again cancelled today, as it was two days ago.....

H.A.
Thanks for your comment and clarifications.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Conti764 wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 14:07
PopUp wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 13:18
crew1990 wrote: 31 Aug 2023, 23:46

On the long term 787, A350 and A330neo are considered. But on short mid term, as long as there iare A330 available within the group, there is no need to go for another aircraft type. Lufthansa is geting rid of their A330, it I'm pretty sure they will go to SN and EW
Second-hand aircraft for second class airlines...
If I view fairly recent tripreports, SN is considered from second class. Just an average hard product with mostly exceptional crew.
Because i seemingly can't change my post, just wanting to add that SN is considered far from second class.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 31 Aug 2023, 17:29 For several weeks there have been rumors that Lufthansa has major expansion plans with Brussels Airlines for the coming years.
According to rumors, there would eventually be a fleet of 15 A330s and up to 45 A320s.
And again: I know, it's just rumours, so nothing is decided yet.
Who knows more?
I can only applause this if it is true. The hub is growing to slow now. Long haul in general is far behind. ANA not on full schedule, Cathay and Thai are missing, Delta only flying 50% and Singapore Airlines not picking up the announced route. That's really a lot.
If the home carrier could grow on long haul, the others could maybe follow

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Atlantis wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 22:20
Boeing767copilot wrote: 31 Aug 2023, 17:29 For several weeks there have been rumors that Lufthansa has major expansion plans with Brussels Airlines for the coming years.
According to rumors, there would eventually be a fleet of 15 A330s and up to 45 A320s.
Who knows more?
I can only applause this if it is true. The hub is growing to slow now. Long haul in general is far behind. ANA not on full schedule, Cathay and Thai are missing, Delta only flying 50% and Singapore Airlines not picking up the announced route. That's really a lot.
While this is the 1st time I heard this, I must say that I'm not that surprised about it. Lufhtansa still has 11 A330-300 in the fleet, 1 of them will go to EW and most probably 1 of them to SN. Out of the 9 remaining 3 will probably be sent to EW to replace the A330-200 wich are leaving as well. The 6 remaining would then be probably split into SN and EW. Then it will be the turn of swiss to get rig of the A330 and so on. Actually it's all about opportunity as those A330 are 100% fully own by the group. For the A350/787/A330neo it will be the turn of Brussels Airlines at some point when those A330-300 will not be economically worth flying. But as long as they are still not too old, it's a great opportunity for SN to grow moderately quickly with good cost control.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Niger has reopened its airspace.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

crew1990 wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 06:55
Atlantis wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 22:20
Who knows more?
While this is the 1st time I heard this, I must say that I'm not that surprised about it. Lufhtansa still has 11 A330-300 in the fleet, 1 of them will go to EW and most probably 1 of them to SN. Out of the 9 remaining 3 will probably be sent to EW to replace the A330-200 wich are leaving as well. The 6 remaining would then be probably split into SN and EW. Then it will be the turn of swiss to get rig of the A330 and so on. Actually it's all about opportunity as those A330 are 100% fully own by the group. For the A350/787/A330neo it will be the turn of Brussels Airlines at some point when those A330-300 will not be economically worth flying. But as long as they are still not too old, it's a great opportunity for SN to grow moderately quickly with good cost control.
MUC might get some long haul Discover capacity as well, thus some 330 might be already pre-allocated for this.
But Swiss seems to have a strong appetite for the 350 and with the first 5 replacing the 343 and the rumored 350 for Edelweiss there would be a critical mass to get more and re-allocate the remaining 330 in the group.

Homo Aeroportus

OO-SFE to fly SN379 to DLA-NSI this morning had the departure time postpone multiple times :
STD 11:25
Yesterday at noon the flight was already delayed till 12:25. Then 13:40, then 14:30, then 15:45 when BRU web site indicated "Gate closed".
At 18:44 status changed to Cancelled per Flightstats.com

Sad.

H.A.

PopUp

Post by PopUp »

And no help from LH.
"And now, the end is near, I did it my (LH) way".

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Still no Luanda why?

Homo Aeroportus

Today, SN205 to DSS and CKY is cancelled.
OO-SFX planned for SN255 was replaced by OO-SFD to operate OUA-ABJ.

H.A.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

PopUp wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 17:40
lumumba wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 14:21 Still no Luanda why?
https://www.qwant.com/?l=fr&sr=fr&r=FR& ... hirSMkUFiM

Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him, and listen for a while
And there he was, this young boy,
stranger to my eyes

I felt all flushed with fever, embarrassed by the crowd
I felt he'd found my letters and read each one out loud
I prayed that he would finish, but he just kept right on
Strumming my pain with his fingers (one time, one time)
Singing my life with his words (two times, two times)
I think they start back to Luanda first of October.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

PopUp wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 17:58
lumumba wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 14:21 Still no Luanda why?
I suggest you select the third option, a capella.
Week-end entertainment with a tear.

https://www.qwant.com/?l=fr&sr=fr&r=FR& ... hirSMkUFiM

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him, to listen for a while
And there he was, this young boy
, a stranger to my eyes

I felt all flushed with fever, embarrassed by the crowd
I felt he'd found my letters and read each one out loud
I prayed that he would finish, but he just kept right on

Killing me softly
I don't understand?
I don't see where the problem is, it's a forum, we have the right to be critical, I'm critical of the speed and the way they handled the crisis.
And it's very good song by the way..

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

DVB's interview in LLB this week-end. Sometimes laughable this double talk... :lol:
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2023-09-10 à 12.09.57.png
Capture d’écran 2023-09-10 à 12.10.10.png

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Darjeeling wrote: 10 Sep 2023, 12:12 DVB's interview in LLB this week-end. Sometimes laughable this double talk... :lol:
For non FR speaking, this is a little summary of interesting info:

-In 2022, prices of ticket rose by 15%. In 2023 by 10%

-OO-SNF (Amare) will soon leave the fleet, replaced by another one in Tomorrowland colour.

-SN growed by 9% vs S22 but S23 production still only 85% of precovid level S19.

-SN is too small at the moment, new expansion for next year is foreseen wich should bring SN to S19 level, with new destination in Africa.

-Many African passenger complaint about the lack of FR skill in general for the cabin crew.

-Only 1% of the carburant is (sustainable aviation fuel) SAF, SN aim to be at 2% by 2025. Only 3% of PAX pay for green fair. Production and availability of SAF at the moment is not sufficient.

-30% of managers at SN are women.

-Cost for airline at CRL vs BRU is unfair.

-Having a part of the operation at CRL would be pointless as SN is too small to have 2 base.

-The best way to avoid noise impact woul be to inverst in A320 and A330neo

PopUp

Post by PopUp »

My previous request posted here was deleted
So again, please, delete my account, not only my posts. Thank you.

JOVAN2

Post by JOVAN2 »

:?
🙄
PopUp wrote: 10 Sep 2023, 19:28 My previous request posted here was deleted
So again, please, delete my account, not only my posts. Thank you.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

According to: https://sites.google.com/view/europeanairlinefleets/bel an 11th A330 could come even earlier than foreseen...

Rumour say that OO-SFL; OO-SFK; OO-SFP could rejoin the SN fleet. Could be actually logical since they were already register in the past in Belgium so it could be administratively easier. But also logitically easier since we already fly OO-SFJ wich have the exact same cabin, configuration and equipment than D-AIKA and D-AIKC (ex OO-SFK and OO-SFL)

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 09 Aug 2023, 09:36
crew1990 wrote: 09 Aug 2023, 02:21
oldblueeyes wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 14:23 Just asking the insiders, what is the growth scenario for SN?

Austrian is getting 1 additional 320NEO and 1 late CEO from LH, Edelweiss is getting a late CEO as well.

Are some 319 exits from the fleet postponed?
So far there are 5 A320NEO planned for next year, 1 to be delivered in September, 2 in October, and 2 before the peak S24. How many A319 will leave no idea, how many A320ceo phase in no idea either. And as already mentioned numerous of time there is some very high chance to get a new A330 (still not confirmed but will soon be), as for new destination rumour seems to say it would be an historical one of Brussels Airlines and Sabena in Africa.

Just stay tuned, as insider we hear things we have some hint during meetings and diverse internal channel but at the end we don't know much more than you do ;)

There is just one historical of Brussels Airlines and Sabena in Africa:

- Nairobi. :) ;)
Indeed my hint brought you to the right answer, Nairobi ;)

By the way there were also Bamako wich was an historical route for both Sabena and Brussels Airlines :)