Trivia 2022 (miscellaneous news)

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DIBO

Re: Trivia 2022 (miscellaneous news)

Post by DIBO »

convair wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 02:16
DIBO wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 23:18 You need to be on time, when arriving close to the closing hour @ANR... a minute or so too late and you need to divert to BRU as this NetJets found out...NetJets.JPG
Strange way to promote an airport!
well, with the Green fundamentalist watching every move of the airport authorities, every second outside official opening hours, every meter of concrete being worked on, etc., the airport authorities have no choice other than an absurdly strict application of rules and regulations. It's not the first time aircraft have been refused landing or take-off only seconds after official closing hour. In this other case even creating much more noise, nuisance and waste of fuel, by forcing the go-around, while the aircraft could have landed less than 30 seconds after closing time...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

DIBO wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 17:42
convair wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 02:16
DIBO wrote: 16 Dec 2022, 23:18 You need to be on time, when arriving close to the closing hour @ANR... a minute or so too late and you need to divert to BRU as this NetJets found out...NetJets.JPG
Strange way to promote an airport!
well, with the Green fundamentalist watching every move of the airport authorities, every second outside official opening hours, every meter of concrete being worked on, etc., the airport authorities have no choice other than an absurdly strict application of rules and regulations. It's not the first time aircraft have been refused landing or take-off only seconds after official closing hour. In this other case even creating much more noise, nuisance and waste of fuel, by forcing the go-around, while the aircraft could have landed less than 30 seconds after closing time...
I think the the greens fundamentalist like you called them are right I also think an airport like Deurne should be closed for obvious reasons.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

fcw

Post by fcw »

DIBO wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 17:42 the airport authorities have no choice other than an absurdly strict application of rules and regulations. It's not the first time aircraft have been refused landing or take-off only seconds after official closing hour. In this other case even creating much more noise, nuisance and waste of fuel, by forcing the go-around, while the aircraft could have landed less than 30 seconds after closing time...
It would be far more intelligent to refuse approach and start-up clearances after 2250 iso a strict 2300 landing/take off ban.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Tel Aviv also has a curfew, some aircraft taxi to the runway when suddenly atc shuts down runway lights and closes the airport. A curfew is a curfew.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 06:25 I think the the greens fundamentalist like you called them are right I also think an airport like Deurne should be closed for obvious reasons.
Antwerp needs an airport for obvious reasons. Antwerp has one of the busiest harbours in the world, and Antwerp has a lot of plants and factories from multinational companies, who would have choosen another city when there wasn't a business jet airport that close to their factory.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 19:24
lumumba wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 06:25 I think the the greens fundamentalist like you called them are right I also think an airport like Deurne should be closed for obvious reasons.
Antwerp needs an airport for obvious reasons. Antwerp has one of the busiest harbours in the world, and Antwerp has a lot of plants and factories from multinational companies, who would have choosen another city when there wasn't a business jet airport that close to their factory.
I do not agree aviation Is one of the most polluting forms of transport knowing that the airport is in town it is impossible to increase traffic to a sufficient number to make it profitable so it will always have to be subsidized by millions.Subsidizing polluting transport today is crazy. To answer your question Brussels is not very far at all that makes it even more crazy.
But rest assure Passenger I know we wil never agree!

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

lumumba wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 21:01
I do not agree aviation Is one of the most polluting forms of transport knowing that the airport is in town it is impossible to increase traffic to a sufficient number to make it profitable so it will always have to be subsidized by millions.Subsidizing polluting transport today is crazy. To answer your question Brussels is not very far at all that makes it even more crazy.
I don’t think investing in one of the most important sector for the economy is crazy. Or go say this face to face to the hundreds of people who have a job thanks to ANR.

Blindly blaming aviation for everything is quite stupid though. And extremely short sighted, as you very often are.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Lux_avi wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 22:16
lumumba wrote: 18 Dec 2022, 21:01
I don’t think investing in one of the most important sector for the economy is crazy. Or go say this face to face to the hundreds of people who have a job thanks to ANR.

Blindly blaming aviation for everything is quite stupid though. And extremely short sighted, as you very often are.
It depends how much the subsidy is in relation to the jobs and here I think it's very few jobs for a lot of money
In addition the jobs would move to Brussels.
With this in mind, the airport site to be carried out for other industrial aspects which would also bring a lot of jobs as already mentioned several times in the press.
You are extremely short sighted, as you very often are!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro Global (a company registered in Hong Kong) sold four Burkina Faso-registered A340-300s, MSN 115, 180, 270 and 331, to a company in Uzbekistan, but the aircraft took off from Johannesburg on 23 December and landed in Tehran, raising suspicions about delivery to the airline Mahan Air, which is under the effect of an embargo. The 4 aircraft were previously registered in Guernsey (2-AVR*), and before that, they belonged to Turkish Airlines.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 19:11 Avro Global (a company registered in Hong Kong) sold four Burkina Faso-registered A340-300s, MSN 115, 180, 270 and 331, to a company in Uzbekistan, but the aircraft took off from Johannesburg on 23 December and landed in Tehran, raising suspicions about delivery to the airline Mahan Air, which is under the effect of an embargo. The 4 aircraft were previously registered in Guernsey (2-AVR*), and before that, they belonged to Turkish Airlines.
Iran has confirmed the purchase of the four A340s into the country despite the planes being headed to Uzbekistan. No further details were disclosed.

Nice way to circumvent sanctions!
André
ex Sabena #26567