What is the minimum price for a full Glass cockpit for the size of 6 passengers aircraft?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Steve99944

What is the minimum price for a full Glass cockpit for the size of 6 passengers aircraft?

Post by Steve99944 »

I am working on my final project at school and currently looking for the information about avionics system. We design a concept amphibious aircraft with the info as listed below:

2 pilots in the cockpit
6 passengers
Aircraft Mission: Leisure/ Passenger Transport/ Cargo
Cruise speed: 130 knots
Range: 400 to 600 nm
Service Ceiling: 14,000 ft

The customer wants the aircraft to be certified by both FAA and TC with installed IFR system. From FAA I got all the requirement for IFR and decided to design a glass cockpit with a budget of 20,000 - 25,000 USD. However, when looking at the different company such as Honeywell, Bendix/King, Garmin, etc., the price is too high for a newly installed glass cockpit. Therefore, I just wonder if there is any cheap, certified (FAA), and safe products available and what are your opinions regarding the idea of glass cockpit design for the mentioned aircraft above. I saw several cheap products from DYNON and ASPEN, but not very sure if their products are certified by FAA.

I really appreciate any help or comments from you guys. thank you!