TEA A300 @ BRU destroyed today, we have exclusive pics!!

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

luchtzak

TEA A300 @ BRU destroyed today, we have exclusive pics!!

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

just one thing before I go on holiday! Check out the following pictures:

https://www.aviation24.be/modules.php?op=m ... gall&gid=2

It's the old TEA Airbus 300 which was used for fire-fighting excercise that is destroyed today! Thanks to Redcap for the great shots!

Another hot scoop for www.luchtzak.be !

ciao,

Bart
:mexwave:

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

It is sad to see the destroying of this aircraft. :( This aircraft should be the second ever build A300 in the world. It should go to a museum and not to the aluminum industry.

Greetz,

Dave

JIMpc

Post by JIMpc »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can't believe this! Why they destroyed it? Why they didn't rebuild it to a restaurant - like the one in Wallonia?

It was the oldest - still "alive" Airbus in the world... and now gone... soon to becoming a Coca Cola can :(:(:(

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It is a shame. OO-TEF "Aline" in no more :( The "SaveAline" organisation could not save her. I will not see her anymore when I take off from BRU :-(

Incidentally, Aline was the name of the wife of Georges Gutelman, the founder of TEA and current CEO of Birdy.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

It's a sad day. Indeed, the view of the airport will change when we'll take off at BRU :cry:.
Did they (biac) realize, that they've destroyed the oldest Airbus who was still alive :?:

Chris

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

I can only join you in your complaints and share your sadness.

As far as I know Airbus is building a little plane collection at Toulouse. Was Airbus not interested in this piece of aviation history ????

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:Did they (biac) realize, that they've destroyed the oldest Airbus who was still alive :?:
"Alive" is too strong a word :!: Aline (c/n 02) was just sitting sitting there, without doors and windows; the avionics had since long been removed. But she was indeed the oldest remaining Airbus, one of the only two models A300B1 ever built (c/n 01 was destroyed as early as 1974).

At that time nobody wanted Airbus. Charles de Gaulle had made Concorde an absolute priority and did not give a damn for the A300. Georges Gutelman could get it at a darn cheap price for his nascent TEA fleet.

When times changed and Airbus became a success, the company (Airbus) should have honoured Gutelman and his historical plane and made provisions to keep in in a museum after retirement.

When he was working for CityBird, Gutelman became associated with the Save Aline orgabisation. The bankruptcy did not enable him to reach his goal.

What a pity :!: What a mess :!: :evil:
André
ex Sabena #26567

744rules

Post by 744rules »

I heard that this a/c was a few hundred kgs heavier than later a300, due to the extra wiring on board to connect testing equipment.

Will the fire brigade/fed pol get another a/c to practice, or will they move to another site ?