What's your job/ What do you study?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Information Science in Leuven, second year

JIMpc

Post by JIMpc »

I study Tourism at Coloma, high school in Mechelen. It's my first year.

I want to become a flight attendant.

Greetz
JIM

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

I did Law School at the University of Leuven, work as a attorney-at-law for almost nine years now and have my own law office, mainly active with matters of IT law and corporate law.

In my young years I used to be a Belgian Air Cadet for several years, gliding above the skies of "De Kempen".

I always dreamed of a career as an air force pilot, even passed the medical and all the other tests, but at the end decided not to join the air force ... Reasons for that decision are rather personal.

I'm still a real aviation enthusiast, and hope to resume my glider career as soon as possible.

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

I'm in my last year of "Management engineering" (Handelsingenieur) in Brussels (VUB). This summer i'll start looking for a job, or at least if my thesis will be ok. So it could be that i'll start applying a few months later :?

I'm interested in working for building companies, or in the chemical sector. There is also a good chance that i'll apply for BIAC and SNBA. All i ask is a job that isn't purely finances :) But you never know what chances are lying ahead!

Greets,

Pieter

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Jense wrote:I'm studying Kantoor, my 4th year. I hope/dream to ecome an FA... (Maybe a collegue of Bart :wink: :?:)
greettzzz
If you would like to become an FA, I strongly advise you to start studying ftourism from next year on. If you study tourism you really get prepared on such a job, this year we discussed wich jobs we could do if we finished from school (with diploma of course) and one of them was Flight-Attendant. That's also on of the reasons I started studying tourism. I'm sure there is a school that offers that possibilty to you in your neighbourhood (I know there are three schools in the Antwerp region)

P.S.: I'm also dooing my fourth year

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

Since I'm 16, I go to school. I'm in the 4th class of the VWO (voorbereidend wetenschappelijk onderwijs), I don't know with what you can compare it in Belgium, but you can compare it with a Grammar School in England. After I finished it, still 2 years before the exams, I hope I can go to study Luchtvaarttechnologie (Aviationtechnology). And afterwards I hope to get a job in the Aviation. :wink:
Last edited by Flying_Dutchman on 24 Mar 2004, 17:19, edited 2 times in total.

Jense

Post by Jense »

sab319 wrote:
Jense wrote:I'm studying Kantoor, my 4th year. I hope/dream to ecome an FA... (Maybe a collegue of Bart :wink: :?:)
greettzzz
If you would like to become an FA, I strongly advise you to start studying ftourism from next year on. If you study tourism you really get prepared on such a job, this year we discussed wich jobs we could do if we finished from school (with diploma of course) and one of them was Flight-Attendant. That's also on of the reasons I started studying tourism. I'm sure there is a school that offers that possibilty to you in your neighbourhood (I know there are three schools in the Antwerp region)

P.S.: I'm also dooing my fourth year
I know, but I can't do that anymore... :cry:
When I was in my 2nd secundary (Moderne - Eco) I had a 'B'-attest with 'excluding' ASO/TSO/KSO... And tourism is TSO... I would not do my 2th again, so I choosed for BSO/Kantoor (Office) (At that time, school was really a hell for me :wink:). I don't think it is possible to change now, but if it would be possible, I think I should do that... :!:
Btw: the direction 'Office' is also a good prepartion for the 'social' world => in 6th and 7th year, I have 'stages'...
We shall see what the future brings....

greettzz

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

Atm I am following Economy-Maths in the 4th year 8)
And i don't know yet what i'm gonna do later :?
Maybe i'm gonna run the book-keeping office (boekhoudkantoor) of my father otherwise i hope to do something with aviation.

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

I am studing measure and control technics at the KHLim in Diepenbeek. A the moment I am making thesis at Decoma Belplas in Genk. Next year I will maybe do a 2 year course for Industrial Engineer.

Greetz,

Dave

A318

Post by A318 »

Avro wrote:
A318 wrote:I am Crew Scheduler & Planner for a real dutch airline, guess which one ;)
Euhm, ..... seeing your avatar I would say KLM ;) ;)
KLM is a french airline, some people keep on ignoring that ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

V-Bird

re

Post by V-Bird »

I did first the VO ( vliegtuig onderhoud / aircraft maintance ) education, i have a JAR certificate, and a B757/767 type-rate certification ( hydraulics and engines )( did my practical period with SAS ( 767 ) After that i did airline management, and know i do my 2nd practical period. ( 1 with Martinair, seccond with V-Bird )

In my spare time i drive steamlokomotives ( you just have the have an hobby )

and 1 thing i know for sure.... i go back to sweden and back to stockholm, i lost my heart over there

left_seat

Post by left_seat »

Apart from flying, I work independantly for an international organisation best known (and loved, of course, :roll: ) by pilots for the delays it causes on departure...
:wink:

many happy landings,

Left_seat

twan01

Post by twan01 »

I think this is a bit a similar topic as the "Let me introduce myself" topic earlier, and in which I told already everything about my job.
However, here one more time some information about what I'm doing.

I was for almost 38 years in Belgian Air Force, first with an air traffic control job in KB, than as a secretary in the 15th Wing and finaly the last 15 years as the official photographer of Belgian Air Force, responsable for all the aerial photography and aviation reports in the BAF magazines.

Although the first two jobs weren't not that bad, the last one was the best.
In those years I gathered over 2.000 flight hours in jets like F-16, F-15, F-18, Phantom, A-jet, Mirage and so many more. I also had a lot of occasions to fly with almost all the display teams like Frecce Tricolori, Patrouille de France Red Arrows ect.....

Since January 2003 I'm retired from BAF, and started my own aviation photography agency IAPA. So, although retired, I still do the same job as before, flying for photoshoots, traveling all over the world, and making reports for aviation magazines.

For those who don't know my work : Visit my websites :
www.aroels-aerialphotography.be and www.iapa.be for a closer acquaintance with myself and my pictures. :D :D :D
Keep 'Em Flying !!

"Twan"

www.iapa.be

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Right now I am a student. Soon I will either work at my dad's pool company or work at one of the local FBOs.

Someday, I will fly for Northwest, Northwest Airlink, Delta, Continental, or America West :wink:
Onward and Upward...