Reopening Brussels Airport after the 22/03/2016 terror attacks

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-ITR

Re: Reopening Brussels Airport after the 22/03/2016 terror attacks

Post by OO-ITR »

nordikcam wrote:
teach wrote: Take a deep breath people. The world isn't about to end, and neither is BRU.
Wel said !
Indeed!

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

teach wrote:Lots of bloody drama queens here all of a sudden, on BOTH sides of the issue.

Flanker2, we're NOT 'at war'. We're facing a serious security threat, and that needs to be dealt with in the most efficient and effective way possible, but turning the country into a bloody fortress is NOT that way. Stop running around like a headless chicken, screaming 'PANIC', because that's what you're doing right now.

b720, the current situation (without the checks for everyone, and without the queues) will NOT stop any meaningful number of people from using the airport long term. I still don't think it's the best use of resources, but it will not stop people from using the airport. Yes, there will be an impact on passenger numbers short-term, but that's because of the attacks that keep people away from Belgium (we saw the same thing in Paris), and because people had already started booking flights from other airports while the queues were still there at BRU, but both are temporary things. And no, b720, the travel advisory to be at the airport 2 hours in advance for an EU flight won't keep away the business passengers. Want to know how I know that? Because it didn't keep them away before the attacks either, when the EXACT same advisory was in place. Every airport has these advisories. They're meant especially for people who still need to check in, and need to check luggage. They need more time than a businesstraveller who's checked in online and only has handluggage, especially if they're taking a charter flight that has long lines at check-in.

Take a deep breath people. The world isn't about to end, and neither is BRU.
Amen!

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

But Brussels Airlines is in danger...!!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote:But Brussels Airlines is in danger...!!!!
I phoned our emergency services (100, 101 ànd 112) and told them about your distress call, but they want more details before they rush to b.house.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

:D
Passenger wrote:
lumumba wrote:But Brussels Airlines is in danger...!!!!
I phoned our emergency services (100, 101 ànd 112) and told them about your distress call, but they want more details before they rush to b.house.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hasta la victoria siempre.

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

If I understand this right bringing pax must go via P1 and picking them up via P2, no free access?
A friend left BRU a few days ago and mentioned there is a sing at the entrance of P1 stating 1 minute to 1 hour 5 Euro, nice thought, thank you BRU Airport.
Oh, and don't tell me it's not their problem but someone else's....like Interparking....

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

thalenoi wrote: A friend left BRU a few days ago and mentioned there is a sing at the entrance of P1 stating 1 minute to 1 hour 5 Euro, nice thought, thank you BRU Airport.
Oh, and don't tell me it's not their problem but someone else's....like Interparking....
True ? Disembark someone at P1 means a cost of 5€...??????????????? :o

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

thalenoi wrote:If I understand this right bringing pax must go via P1 and picking them up via P2, no free access?
A friend left BRU a few days ago and mentioned there is a sing at the entrance of P1 stating 1 minute to 1 hour 5 Euro, nice thought, thank you BRU Airport.
There is a "kiss & ride" in P1 and P2 (and as from tomorrow also P3), both with 10 mins free of charge. The pricing information shown at the physical signs at/around the parkings are likely outdated and should be replaced (and yes, that's an interparking thing to do ;) ).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

nordikcam wrote:
thalenoi wrote: A friend left BRU a few days ago and mentioned there is a sing at the entrance of P1 stating 1 minute to 1 hour 5 Euro, nice thought, thank you BRU Airport.
True ? Disembark someone at P1 means a cost of 5€...??????????????? :o
10 minutes free. Beyond that, up to one hour for 4€ at P1 and 3.50€ at P2. Who said 5€?
André
ex Sabena #26567

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Thalenoi said 5 !

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

nordikcam wrote:
Thalenoi said 5 !
Well and that's not true. That used the be the old tariffs, but that has all changed in the last few weeks. Free 10 minutes and after that lower than 5 Euro for the first hour. The sign he is talking about is an old one that should be replaced by interparking, but as things have changed a few times recently, they probably wait for a 'final' situation before changing the physical signs.

convair

Post by convair »

RoMax wrote:
nordikcam wrote:
Thalenoi said 5 !
Well and that's not true. That used the be the old tariffs, but that has all changed in the last few weeks. Free 10 minutes and after that lower than 5 Euro for the first hour. The sign he is talking about is an old one that should be replaced by interparking, but as things have changed a few times recently, they probably wait for a 'final' situation before changing the physical signs.
On BRU site, it says:
from May 9 (today)
first 15 minutes: free on P1, P2 and P3;
between 15 min and 30 min: 5 € for P1, 2 € for P2 and P3;
between 30 min and 1 hour: 7 € for P1, 4 € for P2 and P3.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

convair wrote: On BRU site, it says:
from May 9 (today)
first 15 minutes: free on P1, P2 and P3;
between 15 min and 30 min: 5 € for P1, 2 € for P2 and P3;
between 30 min and 1 hour: 7 € for P1, 4 € for P2 and P3.
Sorry Convair but you took P1 Fast Zone into consideration.

The situation is as follows :
BRU Car Park Charges.jpg
In order words, all car parks, P1, P2 and P3 (but for the Fast Zone) are at the same rate of 4.00€ per hour for the first 5 hours.
And on all P1, P2, P3 (but for the Fast Zone), the first 15 minutes is free and the 30 minutes is 2.00€.

They probably could have posted this as "up to xx hours" as the "from-to" may lead to believe that you must pay 2€ for the first 30 min, then add 4€ for 31min to 1 hour.
:mrgreen:

H.A.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

As from today, Vueling is fully operational again at BRU.

convair

Post by convair »

You're right of course H.A. I mixed up 2 columns.

Btw, the "up to" you suggest could also be misinterpreted if you don't read the first line. Would "between" iso "from" on top of the column do the trick?

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Good idea Convair.
Just to make sure we have reached the best possible solution, why don't we create a commission to study the matter ?
:lol:

Of course we'd need more members and always have an uneven number of voters to reach an agreement.
:lol: :lol:

Have a good, sunny, day.

H.A.

convair

Post by convair »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:Good idea Convair.
Just to make sure we have reached the best possible solution, why don't we create a commission to study the matter ?
:lol:

Of course we'd need more members and always have an uneven number of voters to reach an agreement.
:lol: :lol:

Have a good, sunny, day.

H.A.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see humor on this forum from time to time!

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Hi,

just another experience of flying out of BRU yesterday.

I had a 18h55 departure to FRA. I left at the Diamant Station in town by bus 12 to the airport at 16h50 and I hoped this would work, following a positive experience already some week ago. And it went far better than I had expected! The bus is at the moment the most convenient way by far to go to BRU in my view.

The bus arrived at the airport at around 17h10, from the bus stop it is a very short walk (much shorter than from the taxi area in the parking) to the temporary entrance. I arrived at the pre-check in the first tent at 17h15. As a surprise I wasn't even checked (I had just a very small bag of hand luggage with me), I was directed to the right side of the tent and could walk through the tent. But even on the other side there were no more than 10 people waiting. Before 17h20 I was in the main tent with all the check-in facilities. I had checked-in mobile before the flight and as I had no luggage to check-in (here for some airlines I saw rather long queues ...) I could again just walk through this area. Mobile (smart-phone) boarding passes are now again accepted as well and by 17h25 I arrived at the "regular" security check in the connector building. Using the fast lane this was without any waiting and so I passed this before 17h30 and arrived at the gate (ok, it was A43 ...) at 17h35. This means within 25 minutes from leaving the bus at the airport to the gate OR within 45 minutes from the bus stop at Diamant to the gate - nearly as fast as it used to be. I walked without any breaks, but in a normal speed, not running.
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

webstermc

Post by webstermc »

Hi,

My wife today around noon: 30 minutes from parking to the Starbucks after security check.
Als no prec-check for her.

barnabelg

Post by barnabelg »

euroflyer wrote:I had checked-in mobile before the flight and as I had no luggage to check-in (here for some airlines I saw rather long queues ...) I could again just walk through this area.
Couldn't you have gone through the reopened departures hall then (and avoid the climb up the stairs to the connector, or is that not necessary anymore)? Why go to the temporary check in at all?