Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RTM

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by RTM »

CTBke wrote: quite interesting to see OO-SNC is trading the red devils decals for the Magritte scheme
Red Devils decals were allready removed...
OO-ITR wrote: anyone an idea when the first ARJ will leave?
DWF next month...

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:in Belgium yes, but they have set up an arm in africa and all over france.
Please scroll back up and note how I clearly wrote: 'most dynamic airline in Belgium'.

As such, I was comparing how all the players (both Belgian and foreign) active on the Belgian market behave and are perceived so my conclusion still stands, even after your remarks to which I fully agree: Jetair is doing some really great thinks, but like you've said yourself: they do them elsewhere!
Overhere in Belgium, they're still pretty much an airline of a tour operator, just like they always were.
Their network operations from Antwerp are really interesting however.

SFM

Post by SFM »

avroflyer_1 wrote:OO-SNC is the one currently in OSR being painted in Magritte livery iso OO-SNH.
Just took off from OSR.
Flying under the cover of the night to avoid early spotters? ;)

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

most likely yes :)
Citybird
The flying dream

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

For the spotters:
OO-SNC will fly to MAD tonight, and have a night stop there. It will arrive back in BRU tomorrow morning, STA 08:45 local . Afterwards, it will fly to LIS, STD 10:20 local.
Of course, this schedule is not fixed, and can be changed at any time.
Thomas

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Next logo jet being an A330? Would be a massive campaign for quite a limited budget. Watch those pictures pop up :)

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

This is a very beautiful creation. Bravo to SN for taking this marvelous initiative.

It's interesting to see that years after we post some suggestions, we see things come to fruition.
I'm not saying it was my idea, nonetheless great to see something we imagine become reality.

Below suggestion posted in 2013:
Flanker2 wrote: What SN needs is "back to basics" instead of "what are we doing wrong". They need to stop comparing themselves with others and act as a new start-up airline with a new concept that puts other airlines to shame. This way they can remind their existing passengers why they fly SN and convince new passengers to fly with them instead of U2, Ryanair or other legacy airlines.

Regarding branding:
Believe it or not, ANA was an airline living in the shadow of JAL and that only adults knew about... until they started a charm offensive using their Pokemon jets. They achieved to associate something that children and young adults like, to their own brand, resulting in a huge marketing effect that saw JAL painted as the boring airline. JL tried a similar offensive but they used foreign cartoons that don't have the same "cute" factor and the realisation was rather boring, whereas NH's Pokemon jets were really alive.

Belgium has Tintin which is quite popular even outside Belgium and quite a lot in France... Sabena used it a lot and stickers are cheap. Rights to use the Tintin image may not be cheap. But wouldn't it be a nice surprise if a Tintin look-a-like (actor) would sit in the back seat of Tintin-themed airplane? Children would have something to dream and talk about and it would indeed be good publicity just as what they did with the Red Devils, Tomorrowland. They could distribute Tintin comics for reading during the flight and children would appreciate that experience.
That would differentiate them from "boring" airlines like FR, and children will ask their parents if they are flying on "Tintin airlines" again. I don't say that all airplanes need to be Tintin-themed, 2 to 3 would be more than enough.

So yes, I think that branding is also a good intiative.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Next to the unveiling of the Magritte livery, Brussels Airlines took delivery of one A320-200, serial 4243, on lease from AerCap (Netherlands).
André
ex Sabena #26567

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Beautiful airplane! Well done :)

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

And today it's in CRL.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

convair

Post by convair »

It's "happy", under the present circumstances, that the Avros are still there: they operate quite a number of flights out of ANR these days!

In the meantime, OO-SNE (not the one pictured on FR24 though!) started commercial operations yesterday on LGG-BCN.

lenain258

Post by lenain258 »

Screenshot_2016-03-31-09-59-22.png

lenain258

Post by lenain258 »

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Hi lenain258,

Welcome to Luchtzak!
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

convair wrote: In the meantime, OO-SNE (not the one pictured on FR24 though!) started commercial operations yesterday on LGG-BCN.
Picture is of the "old" Sabena plane!

pigthebest

Post by pigthebest »

Someone has more info about this???

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... man-bae146

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

BAE146-200 96 seats in 6 abreast config

As from March 27th 2016, WDL Aviation (Westdeutsche Luftwerbung GmbH) will temporarily operate some flights in wet lease operations on behalf of Brussels Airlines.

This aircraft will be mainly be operating on following routes: BHX, EDI, MAN, BLL, CPH, GOT, BSL, PRG, BLQ, MXP, VCE and BOD.