Third daily SN flight to CDG

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: Third daily SN flight to CDG

Post by nordikcam »

How do work those flights ? Today 15 of june looking at BRU departure and arrival schedule...there are 3 BRU CDG flights ( 2 SN A320 and 1 operated by french Europe Airpost ) but only 2 CDG BRU ( 1 SN the first one of the day...and the 1 operated by Europe Airpost )...where is the second one SN A320 who will depart at 10.25 AM as SN 3633 but will never come back...strange ! Or will it come back empty ? Normally around 1.15 PM ?

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

SN again flies twice daily instead of three on the BRU - CDG route. Despite the ad on their web site, the leg si not bookable anymore! Why ?!

brusselsairlinesfan

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:SN again flies twice daily instead of three on the BRU - CDG route. Despite the ad on their web site, the leg is not bookable anymore! Why ?!
Can someone (SN insiders) explain why it isn't possible anymore to book the BRU-CDG tickets on SN please?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

As far as I know it has never been possible.

White Light

Post by White Light »

It was not possible in the beginning. Then it became possible until very recently. I don't know the reason why it is no longer possible. Would the flights be full or as good as full with connecting pax and SN doesn't want to loose the opportunity to offer long haul connections from/to CDG ?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Today sunday the usual yellow B737 to CDG and the usual Airbus 320 of SN and ...a third one Airbus 319. Does it mean trafic to Africa is more or less back to normal ?

And the same tomorrow...but an Airbus A320 will be the third one. Great to see !

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

When I left CDG with ET (coming from Addis Ababa) I also saw two SN planes docked at one of the terminals. I was surprised since I thought the CDG flights were performed by a third party ...
Good to see them in Paris though ...
Cheers,
Danny

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

I flew BRU-CDG booked via Qatar Airways QR in 2013
I flew CDG-BRU in combination (BRU-ZRH-LYS) in 2013
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

brusselsairlinesfan

DannyVDB wrote:When I left CDG with ET (coming from Addis Ababa) I also saw two SN planes docked at one of the terminals. I was surprised since I thought the CDG flights were performed by a third party ...
Cheers,
Danny
SN does operate 2 daily flights on that route (i.s.o 3 daily flights in the '15 summer season).
Tickets for both single BRU-CDG & CDG-BRU legs are bookable but at a very high price (almost 500 return... too bad!).

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:
DannyVDB wrote:When I left CDG with ET (coming from Addis Ababa) I also saw two SN planes docked at one of the terminals. I was surprised since I thought the CDG flights were performed by a third party ...
Cheers,
Danny
SN does operate 2 daily flights on that route (i.s.o 3 daily flights in the '15 summer season).
Tickets for both single BRU-CDG & CDG-BRU legs are bookable but at a very high price (almost 500 return... too bad!).
SN still offers 3 daily flights to CDG , 1 on the Europe Airpost 737,and 2 A32F who are leaving bru almost at the same time.

prices are indeed very high but it's a feeder for the long haul network
Citybird
The flying dream

brusselsairlinesfan

CTBke wrote:
brusselsairlinesfan wrote:
Cheers,
Danny
SN still offers 3 daily flights to CDG , 1 on the Europe Airpost 737,and 2 A32F who are leaving bru almost at the same time.

prices are indeed very high but it's a feeder for the long haul network
Strange because the 3rd flight is not loaded into SN website / booking engine.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Indeed,
I can confirm there are still 3 daily CDG flights operated in summer. (one of which operated by Airpost).
The 2 flights by SN fly at the same time (or with a short interval): they must be seen as a single flight split.
Rather than have those 2 flights loaded separately in the GDS, SN simply loads one and splits it whenever needed. That way, it can simply mix all pax and luggage over the 2 planes as they tickle through.
Its more flexible this way and since its just a feeder, it doesn't matter anyway as nobody books it alone.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tolipanebas wrote:The 2 flights by SN fly at the same time (or with a short interval): they must be seen as a single flight split. Rather than have those 2 flights loaded separately in the GDS, SN simply loads one and splits it whenever needed.
This raises again the issue of getting a few A321s in SN's fleet. An A321 could often be used instead of two separate aircraft. And an A321 would also be the right aircraft to some destinations: TLV (if Israelis forget the Vanilla Halva controversy), MOW, GVA, ...
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

sn26567 wrote:
tolipanebas wrote:The 2 flights by SN fly at the same time (or with a short interval): they must be seen as a single flight split. Rather than have those 2 flights loaded separately in the GDS, SN simply loads one and splits it whenever needed.
This raises again the issue of getting a few A321s in SN's fleet. An A321 could often be used instead of two separate aircraft. And an A321 would also be the right aircraft to some destinations: TLV (if Israelis forget the Vanilla Halva controversy), MOW, GVA, ...
2 A320 is 360 PAX while a A321 in it's maximum low cost configuration is "only" 240, even an A330 would be to small to put the 2 flights together.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

crew1990 wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
This raises again the issue of getting a few A321s in SN's fleet. An A321 could often be used instead of two separate aircraft.
2 A320 is 360 PAX while a A321 in it's maximum low cost configuration is "only" 240, even an A330 would be to small to put the 2 flights together.
Then why not increase the utilisation of the A330s by sending one of them to CDG? There are enough of them on the ground in the morning...
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

sn26567 wrote:
crew1990 wrote:
sn26567 wrote: This raises again the issue of getting a few A321s in SN's fleet. An A321 could often be used instead of two separate aircraft.
Then why not increase the utilisation of the A330s by sending one of them to CDG? There are enough of them on the ground in the morning...
I think it's a well deserved rest for those planes...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

travellover

Post by travellover »

Yes, and tiny turnover for these birds.
Cheers

travellover

Post by travellover »

2 A320 on the same flight number and a Boeing 734 surely shows good loadings factors.
Cheers

brusselsairlinesfan

tolipanebas wrote:Indeed,
I can confirm there are still 3 daily CDG flights operated in summer. (one of which operated by Airpost).
The 2 flights by SN fly at the same time (or with a short interval): they must be seen as a single flight split.
Rather than have those 2 flights loaded separately in the GDS, SN simply loads one and splits it whenever needed. That way, it can simply mix all pax and luggage over the 2 planes as they tickle through.
Its more flexible this way and since its just a feeder, it doesn't matter anyway as nobody books it alone.
Thank you very much for clarifying this way, tolipanebas... I didn't know that it was allowed to operate 2 different planes under the same flight number on the same day & schedule!
Why don't they operate under different flight number, just as last year?
Are the 2 planes operating under the same flight number full of PAX or is it a luggage load matter?
And last but not lease, IF still room for additional PAX, why does SN price the single BRU/CDG leg so high? I know some people working/living nearby CDG potentially interested because they aim to travel to the Zaventem, Machelen, Vilvorde, Leuven, Mechelen areas...

VT-JEF

Post by VT-JEF »

Hi Brusselsairlinesfan,
they don't have the same flight number (SN3631/SN3633) but both scheduled at 06.50am.
No clue about the pricing though.
Greets