Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Inquirer

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:Strange, the standard SN boarding PA in BRU seems to indicate something else. I heard it on 6 different gates for 8 different flights
Well I can only tell you what I experience when flying them: carry on is always handed back to me in BRU and in most of their destinations too, whenever it is taken from me.

Maybe somebody working for them can shed some more light on this?
If they may disclose such 'secrets', that is, of course. ;)

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Why are we comparing FR to SN again.

Ryanair is not Brussels Airlines, like Air France is not wizzair or Lufthansa is not Easyjet

Can we go back on topic about "lovely" Ryanair, or why not opening a topic like "Ryanair against the world" so that we can freely compare Ryanair to other companies without having to be out of the topic?

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Rest assured, discussions are encouraged on luchtzak.
However, the way this discussion is progressing, certainly isn't encouraged!
ANY provoking, condescending, rude or otherwise aggressive post, will be deleted.

Keep the discussion on topic (As a reminder: Ryanair in 2015), or don't bother commenting at all.
Off topic posts WILL be deleted.

If you'd like to pitch airlines against each other, you are free to open a new topic, and have a polite, mature discussion about their policies.
Thomas

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:Strangely enough, they have not much discussed the latest Ryanair annual results - although they profess to be experts in economy and finances...
Please feel free to open the discussion, here or in a separate topic. When too many subjects collide in the same topic, it makes the comprehension sometimes rather difficult.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Strangely enough, they have not much discussed the latest Ryanair annual results - although they profess to be experts in economy and finances...
Please feel free to open the discussion, here or in a separate topic. When too many subjects collide in the same topic, it makes the comprehension sometimes rather difficult.
I have given the link to the Ryanair results here on 26 May, 03.51 pm. Not a single comment followed ...
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

Inquirer wrote:When boarding a Ryanair flight TO Brussels and whenever carry on luggage is taken off, people are reconsiled with all of it at the steps of the aircraft, NOT at the baggage belt? Because that's how I know how it goes at Brussels Airlines which you've included into this discussion.
This may be convenient for you but isn't for me. On my last SN flight there were about 20 bags which went into the hold. At least 15 of those 20 were African connections with a lot of checked in bags as well. On arrival it took the loaders 15 min to bring them to the steps and only they started to offload the normal bags. I had only checked in luguage, but had to wait 40 minutes for it to arrive, 15 min were due to the offloaded handluguage. There were about 70 people with checked in bags, so 70 people lost 15min whilst 5 won 25 minutes. I made me miss my groundtransport and I lost another hour.
By the way my collegue got a nasty remark (next time you will have to pay sir) at checkin in Brussels because his bag was 700grams!!! overweight, nor FR nor EZY charge you for less than a kilo....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair Holdings PLC plans to appeal Thursday’s decision by the U.K.’s Competition and Markets Authority that would require the budget airline to reduce its near 30% stake in smaller Irish rival Aer Lingus Group PLC to 5%.
Ryanair calls on Britain’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Chairman to correct his false and misleading claims:

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... ng-claims/
Contrarily to Etihad, which has declared ut will sell its 4.99% stake in Aer Lingus, Ryanair is unlikely to agree to sell its 30% stake in Aer Lingus until after an EU competition probe that could take months.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sean1982 wrote:FR has purchased a boeing 737-700 (EI-SEV) which is being painted as we speak. This aircraft will be based in DUB and will be solely used as a back-up aircraft to cover AOG's or other operational delays. Seating lay-out will be Y148
A picture of that new Ryanair aircraft:

André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Boeing 737-800 EI-FIN and EI-FIO delivered to Dublin yesterday.

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

sean1982 wrote:FR has purchased a boeing 737-700 (EI-SEV) which is being painted as we speak. This aircraft will be based in DUB and will be solely used as a back-up aircraft to cover AOG's or other operational delays. Seating lay-out will be Y148
For crew training as well ,like in East Midlands next time. It was painted in Maastricht,right?

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

sn26567 wrote: A picture of that new Ryanair aircraft:

New?
Aren't these cockpit eyebrows there? How old is this bird then?

H.A.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

"New" meaning of course new in the Ryanair fleet.
EI-SEV first flight January 1999.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

According to
http://www.jethros.org.uk/fleets/fleet_ ... yanair.htm
the aircraft leased for the Summer 2015 are :

SmartLynx
A320 YL-LCM and YL-LCN, based at Madrid

AirExplore
B737-400 OM-CEX based at Stansted
B737-800 OM-EEX based at Bratislava
B737-800 OM-FEX and OM-HEX based at Dublin

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Copenhagen.
After a nine and half hour long debate between representatives of Irish budget airline Ryanair and the unions yesterday at Arbejdsretten – the labour court – there was still no decision from the three judges, and it is believed the decision could be a few weeks coming.
The lack of decision for now means that Ryanair can continue to fly in and out of Copenhagen.

If the union wins its case, it promised it would launch a strike within five days of a decision. Should Ryanair prevail, a strike would be illegal.
The possibility exists that the judges might refer the case to the EU, which would of course delay any decision.

http://cphpost.dk/news/business/ryanair ... -hold.html

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair has overtaken Italian flag carrier Alitalia to become the largest airline operating in Italy by passenger numbers, according to civil aviation authority ENAC.
The Dublin-based airline carried 26.119 million passengers in 2014, followed by Alitalia with 23.275 million and low-cost carrier Easyjet with 13.364 million.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair has overtaken Italian flag carrier Alitalia to become the largest airline operating in Italy by passenger numbers, according to civil aviation authority ENAC.
The Dublin-based airline carried 26.119 million passengers in 2014, followed by Alitalia with 23.275 million and low-cost carrier Easyjet with 13.364 million.
Since Ryanair is able to publish the number of their passengers in Italy, could they please do the same for Belgium? (They may count me as well!)
André
ex Sabena #26567

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

sn26567 wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair has overtaken Italian flag carrier Alitalia to become the largest airline operating in Italy by passenger numbers, according to civil aviation authority ENAC.
Since Ryanair is able to publish the number of their passengers in Italy, could they please do the same for Belgium? (They may count me as well!)
It wasn't Ryanair to publish the number of the passengers,but ENAV , the Italian civil aviation authority

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Some big plans of Ryanair in Belgium. They want to grow with 20% and would like to place a lot more aircraft in Belgium.

Their target is 8 million pax. 6 million via Charleroi and 2 million via Brussels Airport. It seems that this model is working very well for them. They will use BRU to offer more direct flights to big other European cities. They also would like to fly more to Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Germany out of BRU. Via Charlerloi they would like to offer more flights to the mediterranean.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1901/reisnieuw ... lgie.dhtml

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Atlantis wrote:Some big plans of Ryanair in Belgium. They want to grow with 20% and would like to place a lot more aircraft in Belgium.

Their target is 8 million pax. 6 million via Charleroi and 2 million via Brussels Airport. It seems that this model is working very well for them. They will use BRU to offer more direct flights to big other European cities. They also would like to fly more to Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Germany out of BRU. Via Charlerloi they would like to offer more flights to the mediterranean.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1901/reisnieuw ... lgie.dhtml
Original article here :

http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... 40d72d3d9a

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

In French :
http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... 40d72d3d9a

A few excerpts (rpt attn "Passenger" : excerpts)

Kenny Jacobs, Ryanair marketing director, was in Belgium on Tuesday to negotiate new routes with the airport authorities of Brussels. On Wednesday, he will do the same in Charleroi. "We currently have 16 aircraft in Belgium, 4 and 12 in Zaventem Charleroi. But many more will arrive soon," says Jacobs.

The company aims to grow 20% next year in Belgium to reach eight million passengers, six million of them at Charleroi. "The model that we have implemented in your country - with an airport (Charleroi) based more on tourism and the other (Zaventem) on the business runs very well- We now have a 22% share market in Belgium, but we want to quickly reach 30%. "

"From Brussels, we will go more towards large European airports. There will be more flights to Italy and Spain for tourism. For business, the focus is on Scandinavia or Germany, where our market share is still only 4%. "

From Charleroi, Ryanair could offer new destinations to the east of the Mediterranean. There are opportunities in Cyprus, Greece, Turkey, and even in Israel. "
Ryanair has renounced "temporarily" to his Russian dream.

Ryanair will grow in Belgium mainly by increasing its flight frequencies. "We have an occupancy rate (85 to 90%) of our aircraft very high in Belgium and increase our frequencies is a real need."

Ryanair does not intend to turn against Belgocontrol, following the power outage of 27 May. "We had losses, but I do not see exactly what we would gain to complain. But we want to be assured that such incidents will not happen again."

Another grievance, reports are denouncing working conditions of the pilots, Ryanair being accused of having a majority of independent. "The other pilot companies want to denigrate us. If our employees were so unhappy they would go elsewhere. But we have far more applications than positions to offer."

Whatever happens, the Irish airline will again break a record this year over 100 million passengers. "We are already the first company in Europe and we will be the third in the world in number of passengers".