Jetairfly in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

air belgium

Re: Jetairfly in 2015

Post by air belgium »

Many thanks.

nightflyer1980

Post by nightflyer1980 »

So, the OO-JAP will not be retired from service in March or April? Just asking, because I will fly with this bird on 20/03 and 27/03 and I hope, that it will not be one of the last flights :)

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

I've read that OO-JAP would leave in April to become Condor's D-ABUS but don't know if this is still true... perhaps a JAF insider could tell us :D

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

Maybe a very last OO-JAP special flight for the 'luchtzak' members etc. ?

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

nightflyer1980 wrote:So, the OO-JAP will not be retired from service in March or April? Just asking, because I will fly with this bird on 20/03 and 27/03 and I hope, that it will not be one of the last flights :)
It's going to Taipei for maintenance in March and will leave the fleet by then, so I doubt it will be its last flight ;) But I have no clue of where it will be flying afterwards.

nightflyer1980

Post by nightflyer1980 »

JAF737 wrote:
nightflyer1980 wrote:So, the OO-JAP will not be retired from service in March or April? Just asking, because I will fly with this bird on 20/03 and 27/03 and I hope, that it will not be one of the last flights :)
It's going to Taipei for maintenance in March and will leave the fleet by then, so I doubt it will be its last flight ;) But I have no clue of where it will be flying afterwards.
Oh, oh :? I once have had a bad experience with a plane from Air Berlin which had to leave the fleet a few days later - this plane was in terrible conditions and due to that, the plane was not very pleasant. I hope, Jetair will do a better job. Can anyone calm me a little bit? :?

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

nightflyer1980 wrote:
JAF737 wrote:
Oh, oh :? I once have had a bad experience with a plane from Air Berlin which had to leave the fleet a few days later - this plane was in terrible conditions and due to that, the plane was not very pleasant. I hope, Jetair will do a better job. Can anyone calm me a little bit? :?
Well, the OO-JAP is still in very good shape, but Jetairfly didn't renew the leasing contract as they have other fleet plans in the (near) future (i.e. using B787's or B767's of the group). The OO-JAP is not an old aircraft either!

nightflyer1980

Post by nightflyer1980 »

Ok, thank you very much JAF737 - that actually calms me down a little bit :thumbup:

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

JAF737 wrote:Well, the OO-JAP is still in very good shape, but Jetairfly didn't renew the leasing contract as they have other fleet plans in the (near) future (i.e. using B787's or B767's of the group).
That's a pitty, because outsourcing means less opportunities for their own crews then, but of course I can understand it from a business perspective: better share a plane to optimize its single use that to have 2 underused ones operating.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Inquirer wrote: That's a pitty, because outsourcing means less opportunities for their own crews then, but of course I can understand it from a business perspective: better share a plane to optimize its single use that to have 2 underused ones operating.
And outsourcing is a big word in this case anyway, JAF and Arke are basicaly the same company in the current new structure of TUI Belgium/Netherlands, just operating different AOC's (it's not that simple of course, but in essence it all comes down to the same company and that's why indeed it makes much more sense from a business perspective to operate 1 for both carriers instead of 2 underused aircraft).

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Just received an email from Jetairfly :

Bonne nouvelle!
Dorénavant, vous pouvez emporter 10 kg de bagages à main au lieu de 6 kg sur tous les vols Jetairfly (avec un numéro de vol JAF).

Now 10 kg hand luggage allowed on all JAF flights, instead of 6 kg; as much as on an FR flight !
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

En concurrence frontale avec Ryanair sur sa ligne vers Rabat, au Maroc, depuis le printemps 2014, la compagnie Jetair Fly n’a pas souhaité se réengager en 2015 avec l’aéroport de Beauvais-Tillé. La société l’a fait savoir à l’automne dernier alors que se programmait la nouvelle saison des vols. « Nous avions trois lignes au départ de Beauvais pour lesquelles la demande n’était pas suffisamment importante », se contente d’expliquer Florence Bruyere, chargée de la communication chez Jetair Fly.

Jetairfly quits Beauvais; last summer, they had three lines from BVA, but not enough customers.

http://www.courrier-picard.fr/region/pi ... 0b0n506651
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:En concurrence frontale avec Ryanair sur sa ligne vers Rabat, au Maroc, depuis le printemps 2014, la compagnie Jetair Fly n’a pas souhaité se réengager en 2015 avec l’aéroport de Beauvais-Tillé. La société l’a fait savoir à l’automne dernier alors que se programmait la nouvelle saison des vols. « Nous avions trois lignes au départ de Beauvais pour lesquelles la demande n’était pas suffisamment importante », se contente d’expliquer Florence Bruyere, chargée de la communication chez Jetair Fly.

Jetairfly quits Beauvais; last summer, they had three lines from BVA, but not enough customers.

http://www.courrier-picard.fr/region/pi ... 0b0n506651
Maybe Jetairfly should have done it the Irish way there, by calling Beauvais "Paris-North" - or even "Disneyland Paris Airport".

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Sure cause those morrocan families are going to disneyland :roll:

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

Desert Rat wrote:Something cooking in Congo-Brazza?

http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/job/li ... s=featured
Jetairfly will operate 4 B737 for Ecair.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

JAF737 wrote:...
OO-JAP is still in very good shape, but Jetairfly didn't renew the leasing contract as they have other fleet plans in the (near) future (i.e. using B787's or B767's of the group)
OO-JAP went into unforeseen maintenance at Amsterdam yesterday, after its landing from Orlando.

CS-TQY HiFly A343-300 is doing the Miami rotation right now (departed out of Brussels with a 2h delay).

Source:
http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php? ... 7&start=15

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The third Embraer E190 of Jetairfly will be christened "Jewel", with registration OO-JVA.

André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Delayed Jetairfly flight JAF108 Cancun-Varadero-Brussels of 23 December 2014

In January, Test-Achats/Aankoop sent a letter to Jetairfly about the delay of the flight, having learned that the airline would offer passengers a "compensation" of € 150.

T-A recalled in that letter that in this case the passengers were entitled to compensation of € 600 per passenger. On February 24th, Jetairfly announced it would pay out a complementary amount of € 450 per person. The passengers of the flight should be contacted in the coming days by the airline.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

At 11h35 today, OO-JAP arrived in Amsterdam as JAF-624 (Miami-Amsterdam)

This was OO-JAP's last revenue flight for Jetairfly/Arke.

OO-JAP will have a C-Check now, and reg becomes D-ABUS afterwards (Condor Flugdienst).

Source
http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=15