SNEAK PEEK: Air Berlin/Etihad new livery/colour scheme...

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

stratofreighter

SNEAK PEEK: Air Berlin/Etihad new livery/colour scheme...

Post by stratofreighter »

http://skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.m ... picid=8676
Photo by: Keith Newsome (Date: 03.01.2014)
Airline: Air Berlin [D-ABDU]
Type: Airbus A320-200
Airport: United Kingdom, Norwich (NWI) ()

Comment: Dieser Air Berlin A320 hat in Norwich eine noch abgedeckte Mischlackierung von Air Berlin und Etihad Airways erhalten.
/
This Air Berlin A320 has received in Norwich a hybrid but so far covered-up Air Berlin / Etihad Airways livery.

stratofreighter

Re: SNEAK PEEK: Air Berlin/Etihad new livery/colour scheme..

Post by stratofreighter »

Sneaking is not necessary anymore... ;)

http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewpho ... picid=8689
Photo by: Keith Newsome (Date: 10.01.2014)
Airline: Air Berlin [D-ABDU]
Type: Airbus A320-200
Airport: United Kingdom, Norwich (NWI) ()

Comment: Zum Thema der Sonderlackierung zur Dokumentation der Partnerschaft zwischen Air Berlin und Etihad Airways wurde die Katze früher als erwartet aus dem Sack gelassen, nachdem die überklebten Bereiche der Lackierung bereits heute freigegeben wurden.
/
The mystery around the special livery for this Air Berlin A320-200, documentating the partnership with Etihad Airways, has been lifted earlier than expected when the covers were removed already today from the aircraft, painted in a hybrid scheme.

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

I assume I will be travelling to DUS in the coming months. If this hybrid is scheduled of course :D
Best Regards Raymond

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Isn't it strange that the oneworld logo completely disappeared from this new hybrid livery that was officially disclosed today in Berlin?

André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sn26567 wrote:Isn't it strange that the oneworld logo completely disappeared from this new hybrid livery that was officially disclosed today in Berlin?
Etihad is no Oneworld member, so I don't think it's that strange to have no oneworld logo on this hybrid sheme. I wouldn't even be suprised if it's not allowed by oneworld, especially with their new addition in Qatar...

Of course it could also be seen as AB moving away from oneworld, but I don't see that happening on the short term and until they would leave the alliance (if that would eventually would be the case) they would still be obliged to carry the Oneworld logo until the day they leave the alliance.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I see what you mean, RoMAx, but the aircraft is an Air Berlin aircraft with a German registration. Only the livery is a hybrid one. Thus, in my view, it should show the oneworld logo.

I would like to know how BA feels about AB !
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sn26567 wrote:I see what you mean, RoMAx, but the aircraft is an Air Berlin aircraft with a German registration. Only the livery is a hybrid one. Thus, in my view, it should show the oneworld logo.
I don't think Oneworld wants to associated with the Etihad brand is such an obvious way, neiter Etihad wants to be directly associated with oneworld...