Porto-CRL during the ATC strike

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airazurxtror

Porto-CRL during the ATC strike

Post by airazurxtror »

I had booked a CRL-OPO return in April (71,38 euros, not ultra-cheap !) for yesterday, of course not knowing that the french ATC would be on strike - and I decided to stick to my plan nonetheless.

11 June 2013

FR 6942 - Boeing 737-800 EI-DLZ
Scheduled : CRL 08.00 - OPO 09.25
The Captain told us that we would be a bit late, due to the strike, but not much.
Take-off at 08.24
The captain gave us the itinerary as Chièvres, Lille, Paris, Nantes, Bay of Bicayne, Santiago, Porto - but the was a low ceiling both at Charleroi and Porto, and clouds during the whole trip and nothing else to be seen down below ...
Landing at 09.27 local time - they don't have the same hour as us (or even as Spain). Flight time : 2h03

Very large and beautifully designed airport, although they have only some 6M pax/year.
Easy transfer to the city center by the Metro Light, in half an hour.

FR1387 - Boeing 737-800 EI-DWP
Scheduled : OPO 17.30 - CRL 21.00
The flight landed at Porto some 10 minutes late, at 17.15.
We boarded the plane - which was full, same as the morning flight.
At 17.50, the Captain told us that, due to the strike, the French ATC had cancelled his flight plan, and that he has requested a new flight plan to be sent by Ryanair OPS.
At 18.20, he told us that he had received a new flight plan, that he would start the engines in about 25 minutes - in the meantime, "of course", the toilets were available and we could use our mobiles.
At 18.30, a passenger in row 29 elected to abandon the flight and left the aircraft; the overhead bins from row 25 to 32 were opened by two F/A and each bag had to be owned by the passengers - for security reasons, they told us.
At 18.43, the doors were closed, we were pushed back and departed at last.
The captain keeping the passengers informed means that everybody remained calm despite the delay. As a matter of fact, the Ryanair captains always inform the passengers when there is something unusual - and the passengers do appreciate that.
Take-off at 18.57, landing at 21.56. One hour late, thanks to the French ATC ...
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Re: Porto-CRL during the ATC strike

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Good to see that you had nice flights with Ryanair. Flew myself with them several times and I have never been disappointed.

Too bad about the die-hard SN-addicts who never can admit Ryanair's popularity and working no-nonsense policy!

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Did the same without delay :) and for half the fare.. great day out..
For once and for ... FR and SN are different not comparable airlines,
everyone may have their favourite but I use them both ..
Working no- nonsense indeed, but pity that we all must pay them for things they get for free..
maybe they can startvto pay ATC, as Belgacontrol works for them,hassle to pay the bills, and they go with it ?
But in FR view,nice work indeed ! Good lobby they have..

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

If SN moves is operations to OST, CRL or LGG they didn't have to pay for the ATC? Or is it the airport that didn't pays?

grts from BUZ/OIBB :)
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Everyone paying his share, is that so less realism?
Tax payers who are afraid of flying supporting ryanair... is that what a taxpayer wants ?
Now, I know you can say that about our churches too and indeed.. but that not the forum here :lol:
Tought its are the airlines paying but that some 'regional' airports are excluded...
But can you say that CRL is regonal nowadays... they want to fly transatlantic !
I say Keiheuvel,Ursel,Zoersel,... are regionals but CRL,ANR,OST,LGG,.. needs to start their share IMHO !

And have fun QuitoxY flying oldies over there!
Here they would be welcomed with enviremental taxes,banned , ... and really they deserve it probably.. :lol:

CXB

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Lex,
Regional airports means that they are run by a Region (either flemish or walloon) - whilst Brussels is federal.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

okay, airazur,..
but it stays the same.. every airport where commercial aviation,cargo-pax-vips-.. can pay their share..
funflying and military and diplomats for free...
point

cxb