SN Brussels stops codeshare with LOT on all BRU-WAW flights

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Sabena_690

SN Brussels stops codeshare with LOT on all BRU-WAW flights

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi all,

Fresh from the press... SN Brussels will terminate their codesharing agreement with LOT Polish Airlines on all BRU-WAW flights, starting with the summer schedule (28/03).

There are currently 4 daily flights between BRU and WAW; 3 of them are operated by LOT.

SN will increase BRU-WAW to 2 daily flights, with schedules allowing a day-return. LOT will keep their 3 daily flights.

The SN schedule:
BRUWAW 12345-- SN 2553 09.00 11.05
BRUWAW 1234567 SN 2555 15.05 17.10
WAWBRU 12345-- SN 2554 11.45 13.50
WAWBRU 1234567 SN 2556 17.50 19.55

On a side note, I saw that LO is planning to use BRU as one of their inaugeral routes for the brandnew ERJ170!

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

I suppose they stopped the codeshare agreement, because the flights were selling good and that SN wants to make more money on that route :?:

Any way it's nice to see that SNBA will OPERATE one additional flight. :P

It seems that demol has been able to convince SNBA to reduce the code share agreements :)
On a side note, I saw that LO is planning to use BRU as one of their inaugeral routes for the brandnew ERJ170!
That's indeed a very good idea :mrgreen:

BTW was Lot operating the ERJ-145 on all flights or did they still come with the B737 to BRU ?? if that's not the case than, they will also increase capacity with their ERJ-170.

Greetz
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Chris,

Terenia and I are frequent users of the BRU-WAW flights. LOT generally flies a B737-500, sometimes replaced in period of low occupation by an ERJ-145. terenia went to WAW on Wed 4 Feb and came back on Wed 11 Feb (with LOT 735 planes and SN tickets). The occupancy rate was about 80% in both cases.

SB BA usually operated an Avro ARJ85 or more often an ARJ100. Last time I used them, load factor was close to 50%, with few people in C class.

In Sabena times, both companies were operating 2 B735s a day under a Qualiflyer codeshare.

Will LOT reduce their frequencies after SN increase theirs? The answer of the OAG is no.

SN will have 2 Avro RJ100s a day, and LO 2 B735s and one ERJ170.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

The fact that Poland will join the EU is an important factor I think. A lot of airlines are already planning their flights for the next few years, and the fact that SN will operate WAW on their own is only a first step I think.

I would not be surprised to see SN expanding to Eastern Europe, with or without codeshares.

Frederic

Avro

Post by Avro »

I wonder if it's a coincidence or not that SN stops a code share agreement with a STAR ALLIANCE member :confused:
sn26567 wrote: Will LOT reduce their frequencies after SN increase theirs? The answer of the OAG is no.

SN will have 2 Avro RJ100s a day, and LO 2 B735s and one ERJ170.
But let's hope that SN ill be able to fill their planes on both flights :)

Ciao
Chris
8)

Avro

Post by Avro »

I've searched on SNBA's and LOT's website and found no official press release. Can someone give me an explanation, why both airlines don't mention it ? :roll:

Ciao
Chris
8)

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I agree Chris, news like this should have been announced already.

Frederic

Established02

Post by Established02 »

news like this should have been announced already
I would expect some (business) newspapers to report about this kind of economical news, but I'm not so much surprised if the airlines would prefer not to distribute a press release about it. Information about the end of a cooperation may not necessarily be perceived as positive PR for an airline.

What would be the benefit for SN, by informing their (potential) customers about this strategic development? Hopefully SN will be able to make more profits in a stand-alone situation, however at the same time the travel options for the SN passenger have now been reduced (2 frequencies to WAW instead of 4 previously), which may a disadvantage for some passengers.

Did I read somewhere that Air Littoral went bust just recently?
This would also mean the end of one of SN's codesharings, isn't it?
(Or did that happen earlier already?)

Established02

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I would expect some (business) newspapers to report about this kind of economical news, but I'm not so much surprised if the airlines would prefer not to distribute a press release about it. Information about the end of a cooperation may not necessarily be perceived as positive PR for an airline.
Maybe not on the level of PR (although I doubt it), but it certainly has to be communicated at the level of marketing communications.

SN will have to gain their piece of the market, certainly now they have to fill a 2nd daily flight.

So yes, I find they should have to be the first to communicate things like this to the flying public (to avoid that too much people will buy LO tickets. Don't forget that LO operated 3 daily flights to WAW, so people are already "used" to fly LO).

FU is indeed bankrupt, and as far as I know the existing codeshare agreements had already ended??

Frederic

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Established02 wrote:I'm not so much surprised if the airlines would prefer not to distribute a press release about it. Information about the end of a cooperation may not necessarily be perceived as positive PR for an airline.
Exactly! Good news makes immediately the front page, but end of codesharing means a reduction of SN flights to Warsaw from 4 to 2 par day. Even for LO, it goes down from 4 to 3. So even iof the total number of flights is increased, at the end of the day, the customer of any one of the airlines will see a decrease of the offer.
Established02 wrote:Did I read somewhere that Air Littoral went bust just recently? This would also mean the end of one of SN's codesharings, isn't it? (Or did that happen earlier already?)
Air Littoral is not yet bankrupt. that will be announced later today (see Luchtzak latest news: https://www.aviation24.be/article3504.html ). However, the codeshare between SN and FU has ended many months ago. It was not at all profitable for SN (0 or 1 FU passenger per SN codeshared flight from BRU to LYS, NCE, MRS).
André
ex Sabena #26567