brussels airlines to New York!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

fets

Re: brussels airlines to New York!

Post by fets »

MR_Boeing wrote:
sn26567 wrote:United Airlines is placing its "UA" code on Brussels Airlines' New York JFK - Brussels flights.

Source: Airline Route
Nothing about connections to California (the only destinations served by UA in JFK are SFO and LAX if I'm correct) so far?
Those are "PS" services, mostly for O&D traffic. There's no regular Y on these birds only Y+, C and F.

lindahabana

Post by lindahabana »

Hello,
Someone could tell me why is it not possible to make a reservation on SN website JFK BRU FIH...it do not work ? They do not sale those flights ? Thx a lot.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

lindahabana wrote:Hello,
Someone could tell me why is it not possible to make a reservation on SN website JFK BRU FIH...it do not work ? They do not sale those flights ? Thx a lot.
I noticed it's not always possible to book certain (connection) flights to Africa trough their website. Already called their call center? It would be very strange if they wouldn't sell that route as these are two of their most important long haul routes.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

I hope SN will not postpone his JFK flights due the high fuel prices and the low yield on this route. :shock:

Skyman

Post by Skyman »

To "Boeing767 copilot" : are you working for SN to write that the new flight is going wrong ? How can you say that ? I don't thing so ! :-)))
I just want to confirm that It will be a very good start in opposition with al the negative thing that people said here. You'll be surprise when you'll see the first offcial results of the yeld for the 1st month and the others.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Boeing767copilot wrote:I hope SN will not postpone his JFK flights due the high fuel prices and the low yield on this route. :shock:
source???

LJ

Post by LJ »

Boeing767copilot wrote:I hope SN will not postpone his JFK flights due the high fuel prices and the low yield on this route. :shock:
Why would SN postpone? Bookings for Summer seem to be doing well. Moreover oil is going down again, though that's more due to the economic crisis (which isn't a good thing for aviation either).
Skyman wrote: To "Boeing767 copilot" : are you working for SN to write that the new flight is going wrong ? How can you say that ? I don't thing so ! :-)))
I just want to confirm that It will be a very good start in opposition with al the negative thing that people said here. You'll be surprise when you'll see the first offcial results of the yeld for the 1st month and the others.
He's just saying he hopes it won't be postponed. Nothing negative IMHO.

lindahabana

Post by lindahabana »

lindahabana wrote:Hello,
Below the answer of Brussels Airlines...They do not sale JFK BRU FIH...they send me to EWR with UA...How do they feed the JFK route ???????? INCREDIBLE !

Answer
Merci d'avoir contacté Brussels Airlines.

Pour réserver un vol New York Kinshasa sur notre site (http://www.brusselsairlines.com), vous devez choisir New York Newart (EWR), vous aurez un tarif.

Bien à vous,

The customer service center team.
BRUSSELS AIRLINES

ES

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

I just tried a fake booking, and indeed. EWR to FIH no problem. (UA to BRU) ,but JFK its a NO. Wow!

Next I tried on Kayak. And yes! JFK-BRU-FIH with SN. Re-directed to SN website to book, and there again it was a NO.

So strange.

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

Bruair should also add the option for passengers to select "New York NYC all airports"; then passengers can more easily choose whether they wish to fly to EWR or JFK based on "timings / airport of arrival / price etc".

boeing767

Post by boeing767 »

You should try booking via Tix.nl. It works for the route JFK-BRU-FIH:
1715 JFK 0625 BRU SN502
1040 BRU 1740 FIH SN357

2030 FIH 0530 BRU SN358
1020 BRU 1235 JFK SN501

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Hahaha what a joke again, it seems that SN is not able to offer connection flights. What a bunch of amateurs. I realy ask myself the question what kind of people are working there. They can offer connections to their European destinations but out of JFK, no single African destination is possible.

It seems that SN, or their staff, has still to learn how to run an airline and how to offer connections.
My god, I travelled allong the world many times and with a lot of different airlines but long haul was always with the same airline, even with tech stops, and second leg was still with the same airplane.

SN, grow up and do something, you cannot rely all the time about your Star Alliance partners because they give you all those extra pax. It's time to do it by yourself but do it for the first time on a good way, please.

convair

Post by convair »

SN is particularly bad when it comes to the web! Looks like nobody looks after their site! A trivial example: just have a look at their fleet on the web; the A332 are not even mentioned!

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

Why am I not surprised.

In SN's defence, it could be that some of the routes have limited quota's of feeding available or that it's a prior agreement with UA that SN isn't supposed to feed Africa with its own flights until the UA flights reach certain thresholds of load factor. Or maybe it's something operational, though I doubt that schedule is a factor.

But knowing SN, it would't surprise me at all if there was no good reason at all.

In the meanwhile, I laugh and laugh and laugh.
Because it's terribly stupid, no matter the reason behind it.

They like to build tall brick walls around themselves, to realise only later on that they trapped themselves into those walls and can't get out. Then they start hoping for a miracle...

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Didn't b.air say they wanted their own flight to New York
- because they did not always have enough capacity on CO/UA
- because they wanted to be able to offer the same (SN) product from origin (NYC) to destination (AFI) ?
So, what's happening seems pretty illogical. Unless they can come up with some really convincing argument for sending their pax on a partner but still competing airline, they are just proving again that their customer service, their commercial department, their web site developers and their management are indeed a bunch of incompetent people. Thank God, they have good maintenance technicians and good pilots ! But that's unfortunately not enough to make an airline (and a new flight) profitable.
In favor of quality air travel.

papysn

Post by papysn »

I know the name of BruAir sickness...It's called understaffing.
They are understaffed In the Web dept also...
They tried the famous Greek Cure...austerity,sometimes,when you go to the B Terminal,you cannot find any Bruair Staff...but in the B house,plenty of managers are having a coffee!!!

It has to change...

Regards.

K.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

For my part, flying brussels airlines is always a nice experience... I often use to drive fom Paris to Brussels just to board an SN plane @ BRU (as the CDG-BRU flights are limited to transfer PAX on the african flights only... even the JFK flight is not bookable for CDG-BRU-JFK...).
I always met nice staff, especially on board... honestly, they deserve success!

kimdaenen

Post by kimdaenen »

Hi,

Please allow me to intervene and explain better why Africa-NYC and reverse are not bookable online.
Since a few days we are experiencing a technical issue on the Brussels Airlines website, which makes it impossible for the combination Africa-New York to be looked up or booked. This is an error in the encoding of the internet booking engine and we are working on it to resolve the issue asap.
But rest assured, AFR-NYC and reverse ARE and have always been bookable through our traditional channels (call centre, travel agents).
We regret that the call centre agent has given you this wrong information (and the suggestion to book via EWR), we will address this issue to the agent in question.

Kind Regards,
Kim
Kim Daenen
Social Media Manager
Brussels Airlines
Connect with us on Facebook or Twitter

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Again I'm happy that someone working for SN, is actively on this forum to respond in a proper way.

Tough as some critic...it would be good if all agents are better informed about possible booking problems with the website... The response of the respective agent gives the impression that SN doesn't offer JFK-Africa connections. Maybe it's the only one in the whole sales network of SN...but I doubt it...and if it happens in this case, it probably also happens in other cases...

travellover

Post by travellover »

Hi everybody,

it's true that the webside is one of the "gateway" of an airline, and Brussels Airlines should really refresh it :?
Anyway, after ten years without any belgian flag airline on the US ground (Delsey was the last but ephemeral attempt, and JetAirFly flew to Orlando in 2008), can't wait to watch SN A330-200 to/at JFK, joining the entire world on that particular airport again. :)
Cheers