Major social plan at Bru.air by June 2012

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

fcw

Re: Major social plan at Bru.air by June 2012

Post by fcw »

tolipanebas wrote:I agree that one possible solution is to simply cut all loss making routes and sack almost 1,000 people as a direct consequence: this is most definitely the quickest way to restore immediate profitability at SN even. Something like this is also the only possible solution when there is real urgency involved as you don't have the luxury to bother about any long term strategy any longer. However, this is not the plan of SN, as was reconfirmed by the CEO very recently (after the article appeared and with a clear reference to it even).
It looks like your CEO was not telling everything to you and there is real urgency:
http://aclvb-cgslb.blogspot.fr/

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

another union propaganda post whows that they are not excepting today's reality, nobody has ever died form a double MAD or an MAD-FCO and I highly doubt that an LPA-PMI would become possible (17 hours block)? And let's all tremble over a 40min turn-around :lol: This one had me in stitches

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

fcw wrote:
tolipanebas wrote:I agree that one possible solution is to simply cut all loss making routes and sack almost 1,000 people as a direct consequence: this is most definitely the quickest way to restore immediate profitability at SN even. Something like this is also the only possible solution when there is real urgency involved as you don't have the luxury to bother about any long term strategy any longer. However, this is not the plan of SN, as was reconfirmed by the CEO very recently (after the article appeared and with a clear reference to it even).
It looks like your CEO was not telling everything to you and there is real urgency:
http://aclvb-cgslb.blogspot.fr/
From this site aclvb-cgslb.blogspot : "... January 26, 2012. ... we invite all airline crews in Belgium, to join the National Strike on Monday January 30 ... Do not perform your flight: you will be covered by the Unions. This action is not targeted against airlines but this is the only way to save our crew pension!..."

The unions know that a strike only hurts the airline - and specially on such short notice. Just one example: if a flight is cancelled less then 2 weeks before date because the crew goes on strike, the airline has to rebook the passengers, pay for their hotels and meals, and pay an indemnity (150 Euro for short haul, 600 Euro for long haul).

A union calling for such strike and at the same time telling that "the airline is not targeted" is lying and therefore untrustworthy, unreliable, hypocrite. The same applies off course for all other statements by this union, even if these statements are mainly aimed to get more votes at the forthcoming social elections.

Anonymous320

Post by Anonymous320 »

30-40 min is the actual (average) turn-around time. So it would become less. Wich doesn't make any sense, knowing that these actual times rarely suffice to taxi-deboard-refuel-clean-board-taxi. Most of the time, these delays are (barely) made up by shorter actual fly-times. But still...Their efforts would simply result in a massive amount of flights arriving xx min later than foreseen. Knowing, out of experience, that even now most pax have to run towards their connecting flights...

Anyway, it just seems to me that (as always) they are searching for the holy grail within the flight-and-cabin-crew department. 'Why don't aircraft fly themselves' they wonder...

BATAVIA

Post by BATAVIA »

Hey,

A female friend (Stewardess SNBA) told me recently regarding those union discusions, and eventually upcoming problems.
Hopefully all concerned parties will find a solution soon, as in Belgium , we can not afford another massive lay-off of airline staff anymore, after what happened in 2001 before/after.

She was surprised ,to read in an intern Union memo, that her Union refuses to accept longer duties, and comparing working situations with Jetairfly and Ryanair.
She explained me the conditions with Ryanair were different, and not to be compared with Belgian contracts as they are paid according Irish laws, (workload, flyingload) and at Jetairfly, they benefit now of better conditions than at the start, even having 9 days lay overs in Virgin Islands, Kenya, Thailand, Sri Lanka and Mexico.

I hope SNBA will survive, with the help from Lufthansa, and that nobody will have to leave their job, eventough the ecomical situation does not look very bright.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

With the help of Lufthansa ?
Lufthansa is already preparing a major "social plan" for itself :

According to Bild, the German company is about to part with half of its administrative jobs.
3000 posts would thus be affected, including 1500 in Frankfurt, the headquarters of the company. Citing an internal document, the newspaper added that the remaining administrative jobs would be relocated, with extended working hours and reduced wages.

http://www.air-journal.fr/2012-04-27-ve ... 48493.html

http://www.bild.de/regional/frankfurt/l ... .bild.html
Last edited by airazurxtror on 27 Apr 2012, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

..is about to part with half of its administrative jobs.
Maybe holders of these admin jobs should start one-man BVBA's so they're cheaper? Talk about a frog solution :roll:

papysn

Post by papysn »

Yes, lets hope nothing too bad for SN staff.