Inauguration of Thai flights in Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

regi

Re: Inauguration of Thai flights in Brussels

Post by regi »

I heard that there were already booking problems for individual travellers with TG up to February. ( many flights are "full" ) But I think it is due to some circumstances. I don't know how it works with charters. But they were maybe offered the opportunity to reserve seats without paying? As a kind of gesture for the start up period?
For individual travellers, I am just talking about the tickets offered at discount prices on the TG website. ( around 760 € )
As we all predicted, there is no problem to get a economy class ticket in the price range of 1100 - 1200 € :evil:
I see already some signs that experienced travellers who visit BKK several times a year have decided to stay with Etihad. 580 € in March, beat that...even with a non-stop flight, the 200 € price difference is decisive for some kind of travellers.
Customer is king.

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

regi wrote:For individual travellers, I am just talking about the tickets offered at discount prices on the TG website. ( around 760 € )
As we all predicted, there is no problem to get a economy class ticket in the price range of 1100 - 1200 € :evil:
I see already some signs that experienced travellers who visit BKK several times a year have decided to stay with Etihad. 580 € in March, beat that...even with a non-stop flight, the 200 € price difference is decisive for some kind of travellers.
Customer is king.
You're absolutely right. It's really good to see TG back to BRU, and I wish them a lot of success, but with the prices they are offering I don't think I'll be flying them soon :cry:

nijltje69

Post by nijltje69 »

24th December even no business class seats...

Are they flying with the latest onboard product? Or the old 777 config?

Juulke

Post by Juulke »

Maybe a strange question but who does the line maintenance on the Thai aircraft?

cnc

Post by cnc »

Juulke wrote:Maybe a strange question but who does the line maintenance on the Thai aircraft?
TG technical department

Juulke

Post by Juulke »

cnc wrote:
Juulke wrote:Maybe a strange question but who does the line maintenance on the Thai aircraft?
TG technical department
In Brussel? I thought LH Maintenance or Sabena Technics...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

tolipanebas wrote:Loadfactor on a first flight doesn't mean a thing because such a flight is propped up with invited pax... what is interesting to see is the loadfactor after lets say a week or 2 so.
According to the latest, the bookings for the first two weeks are above their expectations and this also for the beginning of next year.

The carrier who is doing bad on the route to Bangkok is Jetairfly. First legg is to Phuket which is good but only a few pax have Bangkok as their final destination. Even with their reduced prices they can't attract new pax. One weekly flight is way to low to this destination. I wonder how long they will fly to BKK.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Atlantis wrote:The carrier who is doing bad on the route to Bangkok is Jetairfly. First legg is to Phuket which is good but only a few pax have Bangkok as their final destination. Even with their reduced prices they can't attract new pax. One weekly flight is way to low to this destination. I wonder how long they will fly to BKK.
Indeed. Reason : recent images of floods on the tv news. Jetairfly is (almost) only tourism mass production, and most tourists who had planned to go there, postpone their trip or look for another destination.

Check the official Belgian travel advise for Thailand:

in 't Nederlands:
http://diplomatie.belgium.be/nl/Dienste ... ailand.jsp
en Français:
http://diplomatie.belgium.be/fr/Service ... ailand.jsp

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I just see that Emirates will be operating 4xA380 flights daily into Bangkok starting in December.

If that trend continues, soon there won't be any Thai flights anymore to/from Europe
André
ex Sabena #26567