Best website / shop to buy ink cartridges for Canon

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
luchtzak

Best website / shop to buy ink cartridges for Canon

Post by luchtzak »

Ink for printers is called the new gold, how expensive it is for 1 l of ink ;-)

Now do you know a solid website where they sell ink cartridges for a fair price ?

sn26567

Re: Best website / shop to buy ink cartridges for Canon

Post by sn26567 »

I once bought cartridges from another brand for my Canon printer. I also bought liquid ink to refill the original Canon cartdriges. I will not do it anymore: the prints became hazy and unclear and I eventually had to buy a new printer. I have a new Canon printer and I decided to buy only the original Canon cartridges. You can shop around on Internet to find the best prices (i. e. the least expensive!).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

My printer is HP,but I would never again buy cartridges which were not HP branded. They do not last very long (in fact some do not even work from the start). If you buy cheap ink then you can often expect problems, so it's false economy. Best to stick to the established brands in the long run.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

regi

Post by regi »

During a trip to Thailand I saw some amazing things - about printers... :lol:

They sell cheap inktjet printers of several brands - but Canon is the favourite - together with refill packages ,tubes, bottles, and other stuff. The sales boys show you how to install the tubes on the printer, put the tube in a ink bottle and of you go. So no more fidling with filling cartridges.
"no good, no good" the sales guys said. Reason being: refllling ink cartridges can cause contamination with dried particles.
Such a kit costs +- 10 euro, a printer +- 45 to 50 euro. The ink bottles 5 euro a colour.
Quality?
Well, this system is used everywhere in small businesses to make promotional printed matter such as name cards, restaurant menus etcetera. Offset printing stil lis better, and you do not get the best quality needed for photograph printing. But many small companies make their own brochures printed in this matter. It is comparable with laser printers.

rosszero

Post by rosszero »

Last place I bought my ink cartridges from was http://www.cartridgeline.co.uk, seemed good enough chaps and the prices was about the cheapest I could find.

regi

Post by regi »

Few people realise that half of the volume of a inktjet printer is at the bottom, where there is a a large felt to hold exess ink.
I had a Epson printer working for 8 years without problems ( except if I used cheap copy cartridges :cry: )
Suddenly some problems arised. After looking on fora world wide I found the solutions. I cleaned the felt after dismantling my Epson printer (it took me an hour of squeezing under hot water with soap )
and I replaced the battery.
Battery?
Yep, every printer has a battery inside. Kind of memory thing.
Costed me some euro , replaced the battery and the felt, and the printer worked perfectly for more than a year afterwards. Finally, some stripes arrived which couldn't be repaired , probably caused by some damage.
( you would be surprised what people think they can put in a printer... :) )
I bought a laser printer instead, to put it in network. A laserprinter has some advantages , but also some major problems. You have to be very carefull what you print e.g. envelopes with windows gives you an immediate heart problem: the window melts into your printer ! And cheap glossy paper isn't good either because the top layer melts off as well.
So now I have a (repaired ) execellent laser printer and a cheap all in one new Epson for the top notch photographic prints. But for some quantity I go to a local shop where they print in colour must cheapier than I can do.
The only reason that I did not buy such a Thai package with external bottle feed was of luggage limitation. And so we are back on track with aviation. ;)

bowenlopez

Post by bowenlopez »

If your printer is not from China, you will be difficult to establish the correct ink. For reasons understood by all, the type of printer ink cartridge manufacturers from region to region. If that's the case, I suggest to get an existing cartridge fill.

Dreamflight

Post by Dreamflight »

I feel the need for airspeed!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Dreamflight wrote:http://www.123inkt.nl
This outfit sells two types of cartridges: the original Canon cartridges (at a price which does not differ from other resellers) and house cartridges (at much lower prices). I would not recommend the latter: with a previous printer, I had also been using cheap copies of Canon cartridges, and very soon my printed copies became very bad. I had to change my printer and from then I use only original Canon cartridges, to my great satisfaction. OK, I pay more, but my printer remains fine.
André
ex Sabena #26567