Brussels Airport kiss and ride area @ Brucargo

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Brussels Airport kiss and ride area @ Brucargo

Post by luchtzak »

As from June 20th till July 11th Brussels Airport has opened a kiss and ride area near Brucargo (at the gasstation), passengers (and cars) can take exit Vilvoorde, after the kiss passengers can hop on a bus that will bring them to the airport.

This is to avoid the expected traffic jams this summer at the Vilvoorde bridge and on the E19.

Picture on Facebook:
brusselsairportkissandride.jpg

SN_fan

Re: Brussels Airport kiss and ride area @ Brucargo

Post by SN_fan »

the dutch EN is a failure though. :D

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

SN_fan wrote:the dutch EN is a failure though. :D
It's KISS AND DRIVE (not ride).

Some people will comment though on the English text on the ground as this is not allowed! All text should be in Dutch or French.

danieln

Post by danieln »

I wonder what would happen if people would just park their car at the nearby Delhaize supermarket for 1 week and take the free shuttle bus to BRU...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

What happens when De Lijn is on strike (like tomorrow for some routes) ?

On a sidenote, Brussels Airport says that the kiss is optional, but the ride mandatory ! :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

danieln wrote:I wonder what would happen if people would just park their car at the nearby Delhaize supermarket for 1 week and take the free shuttle bus to BRU...
If this happens and Delhaize gets aware of it, then I am sure that they will change the parking place in something like "first 2 hours free (for shopping) "

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

SN_fan wrote:the dutch EN is a failure though. :D
this is lovely lol :shock: :lol:

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Welcom in Absurdekistan. :sick:

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

'KUS EN RIJ' bekt nie lekker !!
Kiss and drive mouthed not tasty !!

Feels this will be another political bilangual what trilangual problem next week ;)

SUPERBE :)

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Something tells me they wanted it to be "Kiss en roule" (tongue-in-cheek :-) )
Thomas

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Ohh we definetely needs a 'I LIKE' button at luchtzak LOL, @luchtzak TIP !
New types flown 2022.. A339

regi

Post by regi »

OMG, I am really shocking of laughter here.
Come on guys, a good initiative. And hopla, we open the flood gates and the whole world reads about how we torpedo it with all kind of (legitimate) arguments. ( but in France, the anti Franglais laws are much more stringent, so we Belgians shouldn't be ashamed too quickly )
What that parking space at the super market concerns, as long as they have no Irish managers, I shouldn't worry too much. ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

regi wrote:OMG, I am really shocking of laughter here.
Come on guys, a good initiative. And hopla, we open the flood gates and the whole world reads about how we torpedo it with all kind of (legitimate) arguments. ( but in France, the anti Franglais laws are much more stringent, so we Belgians shouldn't be ashamed too quickly )
What that parking space at the super market concerns, as long as they have no Irish managers, I shouldn't worry too much. ;)

Bravo Regi!! The first one with brains here in this topic.

It's indeed a very good initiative. And Brussels Airport was working on it weeks ago. Pro-active. Brusssels Airport thinks on its customers and give them a solution. Very well done Brussels Airport.

It's again and again and again a typical Belgian reaction what we could read here in this topic. Always bla bla bla and laughing about the written "EN". It's a mistake so what. There are more things worser then that folks.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

The road sign is indicated as " KISS & RIDE " , the " en " is in fact a " & " sign.
Look at the video of VTM :

http://vtm.be/nieuws/binnenland/67838-m ... luchthaven

B.Inventive

Post by B.Inventive »

On the other hand, I Do hope this kiss & ride thing wont trouble the employee's access tot the airport too much, .... sigh...

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Atlantis wrote:

Bravo Regi!! The first one with brains here in this topic.

It's indeed a very good initiative. And Brussels Airport was working on it weeks ago. Pro-active. Brusssels Airport thinks on its customers and give them a solution. Very well done Brussels Airport.

It's again and again and again a typical Belgian reaction what we could read here in this topic. Always bla bla bla and laughing about the written "EN". It's a mistake so what. There are more things worser then that folks.
It's the kind of mistake that makes the public talk only about the mistake and not about the news itself.
Well done BRU ? yeah, they have a solution, but the communication team should get slapped.
Having a mistake can happen. Not correcting it, leaving the mistake for the opening so a nice picture can be taken and everybody can laught, this is unprofessional. But we are in Belgium right ? ;) it's everyday stuff ...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Acid-drop wrote:It's the kind of mistake that makes the public talk
Oh come on, the public isn't talking about this. They hardly see it. The signalisation is correct but it would be 100% correct if they correct the marking EN by &.

But it's still a very good initiative of the airport.

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

You are correct, it's a good initiative indeed.
But as far as signposting is concerned, I still think that our Belgian regulations are a bit strange :
Anvers for Antwerpen
Louvain for Leuven
LaPanne for Depanne
Luik for Liège
Bastenaeken for Bastogne
And last but not least: Parijs, Rijsel, Tongres.
Ask a foreign driver to go from BRU to Liège , he 'll get lost after 5 Km.

Now I tend to believe that the "EN" in this case, was not quite an innocent mistake...But who still care ?

In France nowadays, French language is also full of English or American expressions but to me, it 's more snobbishness than enythink eslse.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

liege-bierset wrote:Welcom in Absurdekistan.
Thanks you very much for your valuable contribution to the debate. Guess it's just jealousy from the southern part of this country.
danieln wrote:I wonder what would happen if people would just park their car at the nearby Delhaize supermarket for 1 week and take the free shuttle bus to BRU...
I don't think that people will enjoy their holiday, when their car is parked at the Delhaize. "Will it still be there after a week? And if so, what will be stolen: just the radio/cd, or also the airbags, mirrors and wheels - if not the whole car?"
SN_fan wrote:the dutch EN is a failure though.
Actually, it isn't. Brussels Airport is an exception to the Belgian language law: all announcements to the public may be done in 4 languages simultanously (NL-FR-DE-EN). But if that's not the case, only Dutch is allowed. However, this Kiss en Ride is on a public road in Melsbroek (Flanders) = not on Brussels Airport yet. Only Dutch was allowed there. Kiss en Ride therefore has to be seen as the official Dutch translation for the English Kiss and Drive. All parties involved are happy with that: it sounds international, but it is local. And why would we make it easy, if it can be done complicated?

By the way : Flemish public transport company De Lijn will probably go on strike this Friday, 24th June. Yes for the Kiss, no for the Ride?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

don't try to make it complex when it's easy.
It's a simple mistake. Flanders or not, flemish or not.
Having a flemish word between 2 english ones has no logic.
And using a local language in an international airport has no logic either.