B727 still flying ! ( Bolivia )

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
cathay belgium

B727 still flying ! ( Bolivia )

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

I just discovered that you don't have to go to Africa if you wanna still fly a B727 :idea: ,
after Hewa Bora you can plan your holiday to Bolivia,South America where you can fly
the B727 of Aerosur ( also a B737-200 ).
There liveries are really pieces of art !!!

For those younger guys with a wish of flying old and special birds,start saving your money.. :mrgreen:

Didn't dare to propose my wife to go to the DRC but Bolivia is closer,Macchu Picchu could be the reason ,
now just the money to do it :lol: :lol:

Just want to share this info for those which didn't know this company and their birds..

For those which where already had the knowledge of it,.. sorry ;)

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Comet

Re: B727 still flying ! ( Bolivia )

Post by Comet »

I had my first flight in a 727 in 1983 and my last in 1989, it was a nice aircraft to fly in from what I remember of it.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

M y first 727 flight in 1968, with Sabena OO-STB (BRU-LBG) - and my last with American in 1976.
I remember it could climb very steeply at take-off.

geoffrey11

Post by geoffrey11 »

airazurxtror wrote:M y first 727 flight in 1968, with Sabena OO-STB (BRU-LBG) - and my last with American in 1976.
I remember it could climb very steeply at take-off.
Thats a long time ago :D

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

I had my last one in february of this year. Nice experience!

ExSabena

Post by ExSabena »

I flew on 727 as Cabin Crew in 1995 for Sobelair ... A Sterling Ariways leased airplane ... I was brand new flight attendant from Sabena's training center and just after finishing the training end of June 1995, Sabena asked us to go for 2 months to fly for Sobelair. It was a fantastic experience .... :D

I remember my first flight in 727. After the rear galley located above the rear motors, there were 4 seats for passengers ... Starting the service I forgot to serve this 4 passengers and with a great smile, after finishing to serve the main cabin, one of them asked me "Pardon Monsieur, vous avez quelque chose pour nous" ? I was confused :oops: (and desperate for this mistake), apologizing several times ... they were just nice and smiling ... I'll never forget this experience .... in 727 !! :P

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

I was quite surprised to find out that there are still many 727's flying around in the world, as you can see here: http://www.ch-aviation.ch/aircraft.php? ... 7&start=10

No airlines in Europe anymore :( , although you can charter one in London (Twinjet Aviation), but many in North and South-America. For the best of fun, go to Venezuela! You can even fly a DC-3 there.

Here a 727 last month in Brussels: http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7121536&nseq=11

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

Also CONSTELLATION airlines (a belgian charter company) flew from Brussels to Alicante (for besttours),
Ajaccio (for nouvelles frontières) and other charter destinations such as Greece, Egypte and also
to Kenya with a tech.stop in Luxor.
Great times!

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

A few Belgian companies have flown with the 727.
Besides Sabena and Sobelair : Transjet, European Air Transport / DHL, Constellation - and, of course, the BAF.
All infos, dates and regs in the booklet published by ASA in 2007 (BCARG Special n°8).

Comet

Post by Comet »

I remember the steep, stomach-churning climb on the 727. I remember taking off in one from Glasgow in 1988 and the steep climb was all the more noticeable because we were on the back row, and the climb seemed to go on for ever!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Ha! the famous steep climb,that 's what I looking for in a B727, but honestly think I never
gonna have it :( !
But already have the DC3 on my list, and even didn't have to go to Venezuela !
So, maybe .. think positive..
Altough airtravel in the 'modern' world is very safe nowadays, I guess we have way too many B737/B767/A319/A320/A330... for flying something else you have to do a lot of ... :)
But that's a piece of the fun par,t isn't it !

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339