CSA to resume Colombo, shrink Middle East network

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

globetrotter

CSA to resume Colombo, shrink Middle East network

Post by globetrotter »

Not mentioned but suggested could be CSA Holidays division or some other Czech carrier or even Sri Lankan Airlines to Prague.

http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/04/21/news28.asp
Last edited by globetrotter on 27 Apr 2011, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

fretn

Re: CSA to resume Colombo

Post by fretn »

I looked at this:

"This follows discussions Prime Minister D M Jayaratne had with the Czechoslovakian Ambassador Miloslav Stasek who called on him at the Prime Minister's Office on Tuesday."

find the error

Jetairfly

Post by Jetairfly »

Czechoslovakian :D!

On January, the first 1993 Czechoslovakia became Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

I am wondering if the article means that a carrier is starting to serve Colombo from Bratislava (Air Slovakia served India using its Boeing 757, if I remeber correctly) or Prague (seems to be logic as CSA is starting flights to Vietnam, making us stopover at Alma Ata, Kazachstan, but on the other hand, what kind of equipment would they use? Is Travel Service the unknown carrier?). Or does the article just want to say that passengers from Colombo can fly to Prague via Dubai, as Emirates has the intention to link the United Arab Emirates and the Czech capital soon? I am a bit puzzled :).

Christophe

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Miloslav Stasek is also the ambassador of the Czech Republic to India, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives. He had the same discussion with those countries I guess:

" We would also like to bring the Czech tourism authority to Nepal, Maldives, Sri Lanka as well to see how we can work together. We would also like to help promote the Nepal Tourism Year 2011 campaign in the Czech Republic and very soon a delegation from Nepal is going there. Currently there is no direct flight between two countries, but we are working to bring some Indian private airlines to fly from Delhi or Mumbai to Prague and that will offer connection to Nepal. "

Another quote: "we would also like to have Nepali tourists coming to the Czech Republic" Uhmmm ok....

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

Read between the lines, the Czech Rep is contemplating cutting its network of embassies and consulates to share the visa authority with other EU members and do the rest of the business via the new EEAS of Mrs Ashton.

Some Czech diplomats would of course make any possible noise to justify their post or qualities in these challenging career times.

PS: For an idea on Czech public finance, search for the video of Czech president stealing pen in Chile :-)

globetrotter

Post by globetrotter »

Cairo and Damascus to end from 15 May.

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

globetrotter wrote:Cairo and Damascus to end from 15 May.
What does that leave? BEY, LCA and TLV in or near the Levant?

globetrotter

Re: CSA to resume Colombo, shrink Middle East network

Post by globetrotter »

Yes but they are evaluating Baghdad, Tehran and Riyadh as future destinations.