Eurostar announces new High Speed Trains

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
sn26567

Eurostar announces new High Speed Trains

Post by sn26567 »

Eurostar International has announced an investment of £700 million in the train fleet which include an order for ten new Eurostar e320 High Speed Trains and refurbishment of the existing fleet. The interiors will be designed by Pinifarina of Italy. The new Eurostar e320 high speed train will be capable of speeds of up to 200 mph (320 kph) and carry up to 900 passengers and their luggage.

Another important design is that the new trains are ‘interoperable’, meaning they can operate across the European high speed rail network and will be able to provide direct rail services from London and a wider range of European cities in Europe. In the future, Eurostar trains might travel to cities such as Amsterdam, Frankfurt or Geneva. These are journeys of over four hours from London by high speed rail.

Source: AERBT and http://www.eurostar.com
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Re: Eurostar announces new High Speed Trains

Post by Comet »

All the fancy interiors aside, the main thing surely is that a little bit of snow will not bring all the damned ghastly things to a halt like it did last Christmas? I would never book on that unreliable heap of rubbish again.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

regi

Re: Eurostar announces new High Speed Trains

Post by regi »

Comet wrote:All the fancy interiors aside, the main thing surely is that a little bit of snow will not bring all the damned ghastly things to a halt like it did last Christmas? I would never book on that unreliable heap of rubbish again.
Well Comet, it is always something crossing the Channel.
I put a star behind the causes of travel problems I had in the past:
  • ATC strike
    ground crew strike
    airline strike *
    railway strike *
    train conductor strike *
    ferry strike *
    fire in the Chunnel, cancelling service for 6 months in 2006 *
    another fire in the Chunnel, disrupting my travel in 2008 *
    and a strike by Chunnel personnel *
    a technical break down of rolling equipment of the Chunnel *
what else? Let's see...
  • Fog at Charleroi *
    resheduling by Ryanair
    technical with Ryanair delaying the flight with 4 hours from Prestwick, causing me to miss the appointment at Charleroi *
    ice and snow cancelling 50% of the flights *
    volcano ash from Iceland ( imagine I would have put this in the list a year ago, everybody would have declared me insane )
    and a flat battery of your car when you want to drive to the airport. *