Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airbuske

Re: Replacement of SN's Avro RJ and B737 fleet

Post by airbuske »

End 2010/ Begin 2011
Best regards,

Airbuske

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

airbuske wrote:End 2010/ Begin 2011
OK thks! I was surprised (in another post) about the announced 2 new Airbus entering the fleet in a few months because I didn't see the info confirming there would be A320! After a new search, I've read 1 A320 is confirmed for sure but still some hesitation betwwen 319/320 for the 2nd one...

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

no, there are 2 320's coming. no doubt, confirmed!

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

dsa330 wrote:no, there are 2 320's coming. no doubt, confirmed!
On which routes do you think they will be deployed?

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

They will fly to Turkey and Egypt (Club Med destinations) I guess. ;)

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Planes will also be used on non-charter routes: several well-filled A319 routes come to mind: e.g. TLV.

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

note that also SSP is leavin the fleet next year:)

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

dsa330 wrote:note that also SSP is leavin the fleet next year:)
not sure about that

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

SSP will indeed leave the fleet as soon as possible, since it is an odd bird really.

It's the only A319 which does not come from Sabena and as such it has a slightly different cabin lay-out and safety features. On top of that, it has very small galleys, as it was delivered new to Air Inter and used by them (and later AF) on French domestic routes only: as such it is not suitable for all of SN's routes and hence they avoid using it on TLV, DME etc....

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

tolipanebas wrote:SSP will indeed leave the fleet as soon as possible, since it is an odd bird really.

It's the only A319 which does not come from Sabena and as such it has a slightly different cabin lay-out and safety features. On top of that, it has very small galleys, as it was delivered new to Air Inter and used by them (and later AF) on French domestic routes only: as such it is not suitable for all of SN's routes and hence they avoid using it on TLV, DME etc....

and to be honest, it really is a pighouse inside :)

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

tolipanebas wrote:SSP will indeed leave the fleet as soon as possible, since it is an odd bird really.

why will they change the seat covers soon then? and put leather covers

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

diminbru wrote:

why will they change the seat covers soon then? and put leather covers
yep :) next month

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

The replacement of the fleet is maybe a good moment to change the livery aswell. I came across this one, and I think it looks much, much better than the present (boring) one 8-)

(whole picture: http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6945/baa3402.jpg)

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Why does BMI comes to my mind when I see that livery?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

And why did they put it on an A340?

torchus

Post by torchus »

Where did you find that picture ? Or did you make it yourself ?

Anyhow, really like the c/s.

Captain Remi

Post by Captain Remi »

That is exactly what came to my mind as well....
Although it looks nice, it is too similar to BMI's c/s

But I also agree that the current one is rather dull and not so attractive. It looks still to be a hybrid c/s to me, I was never convinced it is nice or a revelation...but surely cost effective...

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

The livery of Brussels Airlines is not that exciting, but neither is AF, LH, BA,... C/s is nice for spotters, but you are not gaining any passengers with it.

regi

Post by regi »

DeltaWiskey wrote:The livery of Brussels Airlines is not that exciting, but neither is AF, LH, BA,... C/s is nice for spotters, but you are not gaining any passengers with it.
right !
And the price difference is important enough to leave it behind.
Another issue is that all those nicely painted airplanes look faster "old" because the paint is damaged at some sections. ( Gulf Air )
I have never come accross to somebody who refused to board a plane that looked boring or the opposite, an airplane that was showing advertising or colourful painting.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Of course, nobody refuses to board a plane because the livery is boring.
However, if you have a really nice livery that attracts attention and makes you stand out in the crowd of airplanes at airports, you get extra attention and (free) publicity. See how MOL operates. He will do anything to get attention and, consequently, free publicity. Ryanair does not need to attract attention at airports through a great looking livery, because in many airports used by Ryanair, this airline is the only one or one of the few to use the airport, and MOL prefers more vulgar ways to attract attention than through a nice livery.
When b.air changed the logo on the tails of their planes, I was hoping they would put a nice lion's head on the tails of thir aircraft to stress their link with Africa. Imagine all those planes in Europe, too, with lion's heads on their tails. That would have attracted attention (imho). Maybe something for SN to think of when they renew the fleet.
In favor of quality air travel.