Jetair Fly expansion

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Frederik Peeters

Jetair Fly expansion

Post by Frederik Peeters »

Yesterday I heared in the news that Jetair Fly will expand.

4 extra destinations
78 extra employees
2 new aircrafts

The thing I'm most curious about are the a/c ofcourse.
- Wich planes (types) will be added to the fleet?
- Will they be brand new?
- When will they arrive?

Grtz Frederik
Last edited by luchtzak on 25 Mar 2010, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expan(s)ion

cathay belgium

Re: Jetair Fly expantion

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Indeed great news!

I heard about Algiers :cry: !! ( and increasing Malaga haha OST-FR 8-) )
Who wants to fly over there ?
Not safe !! ( checked government of foreign affairs website )
For 50 euro one way,100 euro return I tought why not something strange !
mmm Tajine ?? But No ! not safe,no tourism just a lot of french algerians going home during summer !

Great for the jobs ans new aircraft, I guess B737-800 altough I hope some B737-700 or 900,
because we see the 800 just more than enough IMHO !

If someone knows more info,welcome !!

Great JAF!
CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

cathay belgium wrote: I heard about Algiers :cry: !!
Who wants to fly over there ?
Not safe !!
You already gave a bit the answer. In Northern France there are so many Algerians, and they want to fly cheap (which Air Algeria is not). I would not be surprised if every flight will be full. And I would also not be surprised if there are a few adventures tourists among them. Algeria is working hard on that one. (but has to come from far). You can even ski there! (But I guess Jetair Fly is not flying in winter to ALG)

Propwash

Post by Propwash »

cathay belgium wrote:Indeed great news!
Yeah, better 'overall' customer services/conditions for the same price or LOWER and 'last but not least' JAF won't drop you off at the wrong Island/destination ;)

FR here we come :mrgreen:

regi

Post by regi »

would they also get > 1 million euro to fly from Ostend ?

Propwash

Post by Propwash »

regi wrote:would they also get > 1 million euro to fly from Ostend ?
I guess not :thumbdown:

cnc

Post by cnc »

Propwash wrote:
the deal is for any airline who's willing to meet the requirements so its possible
about the new fleet, it should be 1 73W from tuifly, 1 73H from some airline and 1 fresh 73H from boeing
but the old racing plane OO-JAT and OO-VAC should leave the fleet

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

cnc wrote:
Propwash wrote:
the deal is for any airline who's willing to meet the requirements so its possible
about the new fleet, it should be 1 73W from tuifly, 1 73H from some airline and 1 fresh 73H from boeing
OO-VAC is a B737-800?? I would think the last B737-400 (OO-TUA)would leave the fleet.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

cnc wrote:
Propwash wrote:
OO-VAC? Old? It's only 7 years young... I'd guess TUA would leave the fleet as the sole remaining 737-400 (delivered to Hapag Lloyd in 1989)...

Does anyone know if JBG and VAS are back already or, if not, when they are due to return?

Since all new flights are to be flown from either CRL or OST, I expect all 'new' planes to be based at one of those airports?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Conti764 wrote:Does anyone know if JBG and VAS are back already or, if not, when they are due to return?
They're not back indeed, but I expect them to arrive this week or the next week to restart all the flights in April for the Summer season (a.o. the Greek Island and several destinations in Spain and Italy).

regi

Post by regi »

My goodness, after all the extra jobs by the return of Ryanair, now even more jobs.
If this continues we will have to import employees. What 1 million € subsidies can do :)
All the hotels in Bruges full of affluent Spanish tourists. I wonder if the regional job office will start crash courses Spanish for hotel/restaurant staff. First word to learn :
mañana
to explain when the delayed flight will depart. :)

Bralo20

Re: Jetair Fly expansion

Post by Bralo20 »

I heard some rumours today that it was decided that JetairFly would acquire an additional 3 Boeing 787-800 dreamliners...

Anyone heard something similar?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Guess that in this case the future connection between JAF and TC will be guaranteed ?!

3rd, didn't know that JAF already had an option/order for a 2nd.
Only knew that JAF ordered 1 787 but still when ....?
Wasn't there an extra delay for the delivery of the first 787 to ANA ??

CX-B

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Bralo20 wrote:I heard some rumours today that it was decided that JetairFly would acquire an additional 3 Boeing 787-800 dreamliners...
My goodness, 3 is an awful lot more. That would mean 4 instead of only 1? :shock:
cathay belgium wrote:3rd, didn't know that JAF already had an option/order for a 2nd.
3 additional, not a third as I read it above.

Doens't seem logical to me as the TUI Group has cancelled 10 of the orders, and now has only 15 left.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

4 787 would be a dream for JAF and great for belgium aviation in general !!
Think JAF would be come trendsetter..
But again TUI group cancelled 10 planes..
My guess..
not so fantastic but even awesome : 3 additional B737-800 ,
keeping in mind that there were rumours for the leaving of the fleet of OO-JAT/OO-VAS/OO-VAC ,
so one extra.. could work ...
With the D-check and 'new'interior of TUC, the '1 year' old JAP , what the hell could JAF do with 6 /5
long haul planes, the crisis is over and we all go next summer to Punta Cana :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope so, but my guess 4 737-800, that would make sense !
If there were rumours for 787 for JAF than there must be a big order for ARKE ( Holland ) also..
Where are the rumours of ARKE ...
Don't want to be pessimistic but addiontal 3 787 could only be a dream, or NOT :geek:
CX-B

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Hey,

Don't shoot the messenger. The news came from somebody at the airport, he said the news was just spread today and he was pretty certain it was about the 787 "dreamliner" and not 737's...

I was wondering, Arke had also 787's on order but it seems that their 3 Boeing 767's will leave the fleet this year and will be replaced by Thomson birds from the UK which are only 10 years old instead of the 20 years old birds they have now.

Could it be that TUI have placed the 787's for Arke (3 on order, initialy to replace the 767's) to Jetair instead?

And PS: Like said, it are RUMOURS ;)
Last edited by Bralo20 on 31 Aug 2010, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

@ Cathay

Jetairfly nor Arke, Thomson, etc... has any birds on order with Boeing, the order was placed by TUI travel PLC the holding which is the owner of all the TUI branches. ;)

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

OO-JAT and OO-VAS will leave the fleet around October/November 2010 (so shortly, indeed). OO-VAS will be replaced by a brand new B738 (OO-JAX) which is expected in December 2010. This brand new B738 will be the 3rd B737 to have the new Boeing Sky Interior design.The OO-JAT will be replaced by an (unknown) B737-700 next year (before next summer).

Greetz

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Bralo20 wrote:I heard some rumours today that it was decided that JetairFly would acquire an additional 3 Boeing 787-800 dreamliners...

Anyone heard something similar?

Today confirmed that there will be NO 3 additional B787 aircraft for Jetairfly. The group has ordered one for Jetairfly and that's it.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Atlantis wrote: Today confirmed that there will be NO 3 additional B787 aircraft for Jetairfly. The group has ordered one for Jetairfly and that's it.
Thanks for clearing this up, like said, it were rumours... ;)