Fly to New York for just 199,73€ incl. taxes!!!

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

J.R.

Re: Fly to New York for just 199,73€ incl. taxes!!!

Post by J.R. »

I booked mine for JFK one week ago for 355 EUR at Delta's. Sum-total 395 with insurance and folder charges...
I know Continental is about 342.
But, could I find really cheaper ?

Nevertheless if I've payed a little too much, it's not a problem, I'm glad to contribute to the recovery of the civil aviation ;) , and especially Delta's recovery :)
http://jr.skynetblogs.be/post/7617685/d ... ses-pertes

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

I remember flying BRU-Venice with Sabena /Alitalia (years ago...) Price was twice as high the BRU - New-York you both quote !!!!

regi

Post by regi »

liege-bierset wrote:I remember flying BRU-Venice with Sabena /Alitalia (years ago...) Price was twice as high the BRU - New-York you both quote !!!!
You are right.
Some years ago inter European flights were immediately 500 € if there was no Sathurday included.
Today there is more competition from LCC's and the internet. It mad eit possible that people booked 2 go/return tickets from the 2 ports of departure each with a Sathurday night stayover. But you never used the second leg of that trip. And the total was cheaper than 1 go/return ticket.
I did this several times, and with different airlines to avoid that nasty questions and hefty fines would be asked.
( this is still impossible with the ferry and Chunnel because you are registred under your number plate :evil: )
I just checked it wth SN and they still play this game: 1 night overstay costs 200 euro more than 2 nights. There is no reason for it at all, because if you depart a day earlier and come back on that expensive day, your price drops 200 €
But they have succeed to stay below the total of 2 cheap weekend tickets .

Alternative: LCC