new A319 for SN

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: new A319 for SN

Post by sn26567 »

HighInTheSky wrote:VBR and VEJ: over and out!
SN (or rather VEX) invested heavily in fitting its leased 734s with winglets, saying that the fuel savings would compensate for the costs over the years. Has the investment been recouped for OO-VEJ?

If not I hope that they can "resell" their investment to the leasing company!
André
ex Sabena #26567

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sn26567 wrote:SN (or rather VEX) invested heavily in fitting its leased 734s with winglets, saying that the fuel savings would compensate for the costs over the years.
I think you mean 737-300 here, since the 737-400 is not certified to be fitted with winglets....
TUB023 wrote:it is correct that the whole boeing fleet will eventually leave the company.
That's correct: the offical wording of SN is that "extending the leases on the 737 fleet if and when they come to be renewed, no longer fits the long term fleet planning of our company", meaning all 737s will indeed be going one by one as their leases expire.

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

what about OO-VEK? It is also an old aircraft. For all the other 737's of this age, we know what will happen with it. Except for VEK. Or am I wrong?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

What is the calendar of release Boeing 737 at the conclusion of the contract of leasing ? Who knows...?

LAGPanoramic

Post by LAGPanoramic »

tolipanebas wrote: meaning all 737s will indeed be going one by one as their leases expire.
Although it is a perfectly rational decision, I feel a bit sad when reading this...

TUB023

Post by TUB023 »

as mentioned before, the interior of the 737's really is out-dated. it would take alot of money to get them back up to a decent level... a few things are done while in c-check (roemenia) but the available rescources there are quite poor & limited (it's just because it's so cheap).

i hope and honestly, expect that the entire boeing fleet will be airbus in the future...
although i'm a bit a boeing fan, i must say the cabin's of the airbus stay in a better shape, this also because of a better material choice i guess...

fretn

Post by fretn »

Oh the horror

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

NCB wrote:Last by the way, if SN ever flies A320's to Africa, remember me.
Still around then?

I though you'd be gone by now according your own words in another topic....

Anyway, Central Africa it was, if i recall correctly, meaning sub-Saharan destinations like Yaounde and even Kinshasa, right? :roll:
Oops... very last message on this forum... I work for SN. :o
What a nightmare it should be for dozens of you :o
Why so?
Many people around here work for SN, including me.
You're still nothing special, despite you're desperately trying to be just that!
And by the way, by leaking stuff around here, you risk losing your job.
What do you do it for? Praise? Money? Honour?
If you'd really work for SN, why do YOU do it then?
I think you've just shown you're nothing but a frustrated wannabe really.
Besides, a few weeks ago, weren't you working in consultancing? :roll:
And didn't you say you'd never want to work for those loosers of SN a few weeks before that?
Time to get your act together, my friend! :mrgreen:
I think that you do it just because you are a farmer, not a professional.
You're definitely a professional, one can see from such remarks, which are full of errors typical for schoolboy's English.... 'farmers'.... ROTFL.

The only 'farmer' is you my friend! :mrgreen:

NOTE TO MODERATORS: isn't it time to suspend this member yet? :idea:

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

OFF TOPIC, but this one is needed !
NCB wrote: Oops... very last message on this forum... I work for SN. :o
What a nightmare it should be for dozens of you :o
Oh No! What a nightmare! I can't sleep anymore now :roll:

So, you are a colleague of us... I'm ashamed that you work in the same company as I do...

Makes me wonder what you do for SN...
NCB wrote: This single forum reflects that SN chicken spirit of people who don't dare to dream.
Following dreams in aviation is not rational... Is it?
NCB wrote:And by the way, by leaking stuff around here, you risk losing your job.
Leaking what? Things that are known to everyone or almost everyone? I think that everyone has the brains not to post confidential inside information... Do you have those brains too? :roll:
NCB wrote:I think that you do it just because you are a farmer, not a professional.
My god, how old are you? 5? You were the one, as a 'professional' that wanted to send A320's to AFI, without cargo, food, luggage,...

Anyway, this farmer has to go to milk his goats... :twisted:
NCB wrote:Last by the way, if SN ever flies A320's to Africa, remember me.
Sure we will remember you... Until then, don't get to close to our crewroom or board one of our planes... People might laugh with you, and since you are such an egocentric person, that might hurt a bit...

Oh, and one more thing:
NCB wrote:Yes, you got it right, if LH doesn't buy SN in 2011, SN is as good as screwed.
I think that YOU will be screwed... I'm sure that you are one of the many office workers at B26 who can be replaced on a 3 to 1 ratio by a very effective German!

Done! Sorry for off topic reply!

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

NCB,

Working/worked with/for SN or not ,... isn't that important but.. :roll:

Do you really can follow your own mind because you're telling black white sentences
in one story and we're becoming almost grey of U :!:

Hope you don't work for SN otherwise some manager did the wrong job of taking you in.
We'll like SN but why don't U if you work for them!!

Strange guy you I think :lol: :lol:
CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Is it possible to see some bigger equipment in the future as well? Because a fleet of A330, A319 and the new Avro replacement seems kinda dull to me ;)

I guess SN could do well with some A320's as upgrade for those A319 routes that can sustain an upgrade, or even an A321 with a dedicated C-class for those routes which can have one (Moscow? Tel Aviv? Some Northern-African destinations maybe?)

I'm just asking since I don't know about it, but didn't SN used to send the A330 to TLV sometimes? And the Moscow flights do pretty good as well... How does ending the codeshare with LY influent the loads on the current BRU-TLV rotation?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I suppose that SN will use 3-6 A320's in the future to replace the 734's and maybe 1-3 A321's for Moscow, Tel Aviv (maybe new destinations). But the biggest part of the Airbus fleet of SN will be A319 (7-12).
But I don't think the A32S fleet will come so big in the comming years like in the time of Sabena (15 A319's, 6 A320's, 3 A321's and 11 B737's (-300 and -500) and there were still open orders for more).
But I think we can hope for a A32S fleet between 15-25 airplanes in the future (past summer there were 4 A319's, 5 B733's and 6 B734's so that's already 15).

I am wondering about the amount of airplanes to replace the Avro's, probably something between 25 and 35, for a part depending on the amount of A32S's that will come to SN in the comming years.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Well SN was sending its A330 during the summer from time to time to TLV.

I know that SN was using its A321 around 2000 to TLV.

I don't know if SN can use bigger metal to Moscow. Aeroflot is going to fly twice daily, during certain months, to BRU. This means that BRU will have three daily flights to the two airports of Moscow. It's up to SN to attract pax to Moscow.

TUB023

Post by TUB023 »

Atlantis wrote:Well SN was sending its A330 during the summer from time to time to TLV.

I know that SN was using its A321 around 2000 to TLV.

I don't know if SN can use bigger metal to Moscow. Aeroflot is going to fly twice daily, during certain months, to BRU. This means that BRU will have three daily flights to the two airports of Moscow. It's up to SN to attract pax to Moscow.
it is quite attractive i've heard, especially with bussiness passangers.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

MR_Boeing wrote:I am wondering about the amount of airplanes to replace the Avro's, probably something between 25 and 35, for a part depending on the amount of A32S's that will come to SN in the comming years.
Any chance for A318 to stay in the family ??

Or is it gonna be CS-series or EMB190/170?
If I must bet,I would bet on EMB190/170 for the AVRO replacements.
There quite nice and already inbedded in the LH-family.

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

I think ERJ-170/ERJ-190.
The only advanteges of the A318's are the fact that it is a A32S-member and that you can fly long routes with it. But on short to mid haul flights it is a ineficient aircraft, because it is still a big plane for a small amount of pax and that's not efficient on short flights.
And SN said that the replacement will be a regional jet (the A318 is not a real regional jet). So I think ERJ. The Cseries of Bombardier can't be deliverd on time and even the MRJ (starting delevery 2013 but the second costumer already have to wait until 2014 so for SN 2014/2015 is to late to start delivery)can't be delivered on time for SN. (2012-2014)

Gliderpilot

Post by Gliderpilot »

Were going slightly off topic here, but also I see the ERJ family as a (the most) logical replacement for the Avro fleet. Though, I'd like to see the CSeries (or MRJ) as the successor. I can also imagine it can't be too difficult to extend the leases for one or two years (what is the lessor going to do with all those planes? nobody wants them anymore)

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

SN said that they are not even thinking about extanding the lease contracts again.
And there is still a big market for the Avro's in South-America and Indonesia for example. You can often read something about BAe Systems that sold or leased some Avro's (BAe's) to a user in Asia or South America.
And I think that BAe Systems is the leassor of the SN Avro's, but I'm not sure.

But maybe again on-toppic, so about the A320 series for SN... :P

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

TUB023 wrote:
it is quite attractive i've heard, especially with bussiness passangers.
Thus making a dedicated C-class an option on selected flights.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

C-class must be possible for mid haul and even routes like Geneva.