Jet Airways: good figures for Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Jet Airways: good figures for Brussels Airport

Post by Atlantis »

We are again a year further and Jet Airways presented their BRU figures:

Period: August 08 - July 09: 795.017 pax were transported by Jet Airways or an increase with +10,2%.
Number of flights: +17%
Load factor: from 69,6% -> 77,1% now

Belgian pax:

BRU -> India: 50,7%
BRU -> North-America: 49,3%

Good job of Jet Airways
Last edited by Atlantis on 26 Oct 2009, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Vinnie-Winnie

Re: Jet Airways: good figures for Brussels Airport

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Does that mean that:

More than 20% of pax get off at BRU either as Bru final destination or connecting to other ports in Europe & that not many Belgians decide to fly 9W from BRU to compensate for this loss of traffic!

My idea is as following: AA should stop flying to BRU from NYC, and give the passengers to 9W. Good idea?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Atlantis wrote:Good job of Jet Airways
It IS a very good product that beats all the American competition on the Atlantic. I hope they'll expand soon... if the economy allows it of course...

Anyway, november 11th, I fly them to Chennai in Y, but still, so looking forward...

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In view of the good figures in BRU, Jet Airways is adapting its A330s: less business seats and more economy seats, in total more seats.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Kabila

Post by Kabila »

Jet Airways will re-introduce B777-300ER on their daily BOM-BRU-EWR-BRU-BOM as from November 21st. Good to see this magnificent bird back at BRU. :)

Since last winter, 9W had scaled down the route to an A330-200.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

indeed and they are also going to upgrade Delhi and Toronto. But I have at this moment no info about date etc.

continental060

Post by continental060 »

that is very good news :D
~Karel

cnc

Post by cnc »

are they going to downgrate their LHR route then? unless i'm mistaken they have 10 77W's and 9 of them are leased out to GF and TK.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

cnc wrote:are they going to downgrate their LHR route then? unless i'm mistaken they have 10 77W's and 9 of them are leased out to GF and TK.
I guess they're gonna start getting them back and progressively re-introduce them to their international operation... What happened with the 9W 77W that went straight from factory to desert?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

cnc wrote:are they going to downgrate their LHR route then? unless i'm mistaken they have 10 77W's and 9 of them are leased out to GF and TK.
Recently one B773 came back to Jet who was leased out to Gulf. As far as I know Jet is operating now 4 B777. The other one's are leased out.
But has TK not the intention to send them back to Jet because they are receiving their own B777?

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Conti764 wrote:
I guess they're gonna start getting them back and progressively re-introduce them to their international operation... What happened with the 9W 77W that went straight from factory to desert?

One is at Marana

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

I think the Gulf Air ones have been returned at the end of October, so they will become available for Jet operations.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Flightlevel.be quoting Bernard Guisset of Jet Airways:
http://www.flightlevel.be/399/jet-airwa ... iteit.html
  • B777 will be used solely on EWR-BOM and this between 21NOV09 and 16JAN10.
  • This is done to meet high pax demand in economy class between EWR-BOM, EWR-BRU and BOM-BRU.
  • First Class is still mostly empty.
  • Cargo demand very big, upgrade also done to accomodate this.
  • DEL-YYZ will also be upgraded, with new config A332 (19/236 iso 30/190). Business layout moves from 1-2-1 to 2-2-2.
  • Therefore, increase in capacity of 15% due to high demand effective from 19NOV09.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Atlantis wrote:indeed and they are also going to upgrade Delhi and Toronto. But I have at this moment no info about date etc.
In meanwhile confirmed: 19 November.

And according to Flightlevel we can expect someting for the next summer season. More B777?

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

If anyone has more informations about 9W's new A330 config, I'm willing to take them. I'm intrigued.

Fitting a new version on such new birds must be quite costly.

On the other hand, VS has taken Contour (seat manufacturer) to court because they sold "upper class" style seats to 9W, NZ, DL and AC. In fact those seats are commonly known as "Herringbone style" seats.

If judgement goes to VS direction, those airlines could be obliged to remove those seats and Contour would face some hefty penalties...

http://airlinersindia.s4.bizhat.com/air ... c8297.html

FB.