Brussels-South to Stansted and back for 5 - 17/12/2003

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Avro

Post by Avro »

I'm glad you all liked it 8)
That's how I remember Southwest. :)
Ahhhh the good old times ;)

Chris

lynn

Ryanair flights

Post by lynn »

I am flying for the first time with Ryanair in March from Stanstead to Jerez. The plane is a 737 800. Please could anyone advise me on the best seats on this plane and does anyone have an idea of the seat pitch and seat width on these planes
Thank You
Lynn

OO-SBZ

Re: Ryanair flights

Post by OO-SBZ »

lynn wrote:I am flying for the first time with Ryanair in March from Stanstead to Jerez. The plane is a 737 800. Please could anyone advise me on the best seats on this plane and does anyone have an idea of the seat pitch and seat width on these planes
Thank You
Lynn
From my Ryanair Boeing 737-800 experiences (5 * CRL-STN-CRL + CRL-CIA-CRL + 1 CRL-PIS-CRL), I can tell you that the best seats (= those with a more generous pitch) are next to the emergency exits, which makes 2 rows of six seats. Image

As you probably know, the company seat-allocation policy is : 'first arrived... first served'. As a result, if you want to be amongst the first to board the plane, you have to be one of the first 59 pax at check-in. Image

When you enter the plane, you can easily find the exit seats since the colour of their head-rests is yellow whereas the others are red.
Image Image Image

:teach: If you happen to travel with children or a disabled person you are not allowed to use these seats...

As far as pitch and width are concerned, I can just tell you that the pitch is the same as on most charter carriers: 189 pax is the maximum allowed in a 738. The seating configuration is 3 + 3... so you usual patern on a Boeing 737 in economy configuration. As a rule, always avoid the middle seat.

I hope this answers your question.
When you are back from your first Ryanair flying experience, could you write us a report? All of us would appreciate it :)

BeN :idea: